COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Some parts of the UK had a chance to see them recently because of a flare from the sun affecting the particles I think (if I remember rightly). I didn't - it was too cloudy.
Yes I think I was just in a perfect place to get to see it. Probably other parts of our close neighbors didn't get to. Or didn't think to look or maybe too heavy of cloud cover. At least that's what the News paper said. It was so neat watching it. I knew I was watching something special. And to later find out I got to see the Northern Lights where I am was just a bit of iceing on the cake ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. It's another dry and bright autumn day here.
I was at the tip by 9.30 and now working on another load to go.
It's surprising what I've stuffed into bags and boxes thinking it will be useful in the future and then forgotten about. So I decided that if I've not used it by now, I never will and it must all go.
Hope you're all having a good day where you are.
TTFN

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Logs into bowls, but first we cut the log in half. This time I coated the “end grains” with melted hot wax to help prevent cracking.

So, here’s the split log, cut in half & now coated. I’m thinking it is Black Walnut or another similar hardwood.

View attachment 334940

Oops, forgot the picture with a finished bowl that came from this same tree, just a wee bit smaller log.

9405A8A6-0E77-4E0A-AEE6-CD865FB25E77.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So the phone rings about 4p yesterday and it's Maggie. She says, "I'm just north of Sacramento and Matt (her grandson) and I will be there in about four hours."

WHAT?????

I'm not a people person. I'm a troll living under the bridge. I get along just fine here all by myself with my animals.

To top it off, my tortoise partner will be arriving here tonight about 9p or 10p for the week end.

What did I do to deserve this?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So the phone rings about 4p yesterday and it's Maggie. She says, "I'm just north of Sacramento and Matt (her grandson) and I will be there in about four hours."

WHAT?????

I'm not a people person. I'm a troll living under the bridge. I get along just fine here all by myself with my animals.

To top it off, my tortoise partner will be arriving here tonight about 9p or 10p for the week end.

Is it too late to move?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

WHAT?????

Did she arrive?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

WHAT?????

BTW ill be there in 20 min.. sorry for the short notice

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

WHAT?????

Maybe they can keep each other entertained and you won't have to deal with it.???

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

WHAT?????

Good luck Yvonne!
Any more room at the inn? I fancy a little trip too:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Have you tried deleting all the temporary internet files?
Yes done that also tried adjusting mouse pad and keyboard settings and everything suggested for solving lag problems. I just did another 'restore health' run and it seems to have helped again but I shouldn't have to do that twice in 2 days. I'll get one of my nephews on the case he works in IT. It's just annoying.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning, its a grey chilly day here but dry and about right for autumn.

I've been ripping up old books - no I don't need anger management just recycling the pages.
We have book recycling collections but I found out that most books that are recycled are thrown into landfill because no can be bothered to chop off the glued binding edges, so I've been doing it myself (staples can be removed from the pulp with magnets so they're OK).

I seem to have stopped the lag on my laptop again and I'm hoping it lasts longer than a day!?
Lola is still in his hide so I'll have to see if I can tempt him out for a nice warm soak.
I hope you all have a good Saturday.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes done that also tried adjusting mouse pad and keyboard settings and everything suggested for solving lag problems. I just did another 'restore health' run and it seems to have helped again but I shouldn't have to do that twice in 2 days. I'll get one of my nephews on the case he works in IT. It's just annoying.?
Good luck?