COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yikes. My best friend/kayaking partner & his wife both tested positive for COVID this week. Both have been vaccinated.

➡️ “I think my wife has had it for ten days now and I started symptoms this past Tuesday. My wife had mild symptoms and getting over it now. I’m in rough shape and my doctor has prescribed a transfusion of antibodies at the hospital. Unfortunately they are very busy with Covid and I may not be able to get the procedure until Monday. I’m not yet bad enough to be admitted to the hospital. My oxygen levels and heart rate are very good, better than normal. Of course we are fully vaccinated, but that does not seem to help much. No idea where we caught it.

I asked him what their “symptoms” were like that caused them to get tested.

➡️ I’m feeling okay this morning but about the same. It feels like a very bad cold with bad fatigue. I’m more fatigue feeling than after a long hike or 14 mile paddle. No fever, oxygen level readings of 95 to 97 percent, which is good. But this morning I felt dizzy and had a oxygen level reading on 89% but then went back up. Doctor said below 90% for any period of time to go to emergency room.

➡️ At first, My wife got a cough and nasal type pain and she thought it was a sinus infection. She called doctor who prescribed an antibiotic. A few days later I got stuffy nose and a dry cough and feeling tired. I decided to get the virus test the next day, which was this past Tuesday. Things went downhill from there. Wife then got the test too which came back positive.

✅ Stay safe everyone - don’t let your guard down. COVID is still among us.
I'm praying ? for the both of you , family, and friends. It's really a rough thing to go through. Even though it didn't seem to be the sickest I've ever been, the effects lingered. I did get vaccinated but I'm still being cautious. I was really careful and actually am pretty sure I got it from the grocery store. It's the only place I could have. It's a very weird virus.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm praying ? for the both of you , family, and friends. It's really a rough thing to go through. Even though it didn't seem to be the sickest I've ever been, the effects lingered. I did get vaccinated but I'm still being cautious. I was really careful and actually am pretty sure I got it from the grocery store. It's the only place I could have. It's a very weird virus.
It's not done with us yet - it will always be lurking waiting for us to drop our guard, so I'm with you and being cautious, Cathie.
It's incredible when you think of the devastation and havoc a tiny virus cell has wreaked across the world and will continue to do for the foreseeable future. We just have to hope science can stay one step ahead of it.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good evening/afternoon all, we've had another grey day but warm and humid.
The Squirrel seems to have disappeared as quickly as he arrived thank goodness. Neighbourhood 'tiff' averted!

Lola is fine but he knows the season has changed and hasn't attempted to go out this week.
I am waiting for my nephew to arrive to share an Indian takeaway with him. I haven't had one of those for ages so looking forward to some spicy food - not too hot though! ?

See you later.
Okay what's a Indian takeaway?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
People do hunt them here or used to or maybe they can still get a hunting permit for so many. I just don't remember much of the info on that because I'm not interested in eating one. I'd rather play with them.? They'll come and knock on your window for a cookie and take it straight from your hand. Even if they're wild. They can be a nuisance buttt... they're so darn cute and funny ?
They actually taste good. I cook them like a rabbit in a thick roux. Fun to hunt with a .22 rifle.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's not done with us yet - it will always be lurking waiting for us to drop our guard, so I'm with you and being cautious, Cathie.
It's incredible when you think of the devastation and havoc a tiny virus cell has wreaked across the world and will continue to do for the foreseeable future. We just have to hope science can stay one step ahead of it.?
My new doctor mentioned natural immunity when I told him that Joe and I had had it. I kinda think even with people getting the vaccine and still getting it, but not as bad, is a good thing in the long run. It will eventually get weaker with time. Masking up is going to be a thing for me from now on because it also helps me with allergies and the other things going around.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, it's a bit colder today but generally more of the same.
I have to pop out to visit the shops.
It's getting harder to find good weeds for Lola so more shop bought leaves needed.
Hope everyone has a good Saturday and I'll see you later.
TTFN

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! All the talk of food has me hungry already. I’m sitting outside with Rigsy and Cinder having my coffee. Not day break yet, but my rooster is crowing the eminent arrival song.

the recipe for today is chicken chili!
in a crockpot, 2 chicken breasts, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn.. slow cooked with cumin, ranch seasonin, and cream cheese:)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Good morning! All the talk of food has me hungry already. I’m sitting outside with Rigsy and Cinder having my coffee. Not day break yet, but my rooster is crowing the eminent arrival song.

the recipe for today is chicken chili!
in a crockpot, 2 chicken breasts, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn.. slow cooked with cumin, ranch seasonin, and cream cheese:)
I've been soaking dried pinto and black beans over night, now to start cooking all day for refried beans...
100_0379.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yucky, warm and overcast today, neither hot or cold. I pruned another one of our 10 Hybrid Poplars - finished two yesterday including clean up. This one I might drag out our Troy-Built shredder and turn all the trimmings into mulch.

Today’s forecast of “all day rain” is now forecast for tomorrow. ?‍♂️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yup and it was delicious too!
I had chicken tikka masala with rice, naan bread and onion bhaji. ?
Don't ask me how it's all cooked I've no idea.
I looked it up and then got started on native American Indian food just to see what it was like to cook. Native American Indian is much like Mexican and a mix of the world's diet. It turns out they have influenced most of them. To me chicken Tikka is a technique for preparing the chicken and make your sauce according to what you want. Possibly use noodles instead of rice. Or even wild rice instead. Maybe I'll rook my son into helping me cook something different.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yucky, warm and overcast today, neither hot or cold. I pruned another one of our 10 Hybrid Poplars - finished two yesterday including clean up. This one I might drag out our Troy-Built shredder and turn all the trimmings into mulch.

Today’s forecast of “all day rain” is now forecast for tomorrow. ?‍♂️
I was glad to finally understand that it wasn't you and wifey with covid 19. But I'm still praying ? and especially for your friends.