COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good afternoon/evening all.
It's been quite a nice day here in between clouds.
Lola did some basking, but hasn't eaten a great deal today and took himself off to bed early.
I spent some time topping up the oil, coolant and water etc. in my old car and gave it a clean - it's due an MOT this week and we all know that cleanliness is next to road worthiness.:) It's 14 years old this month and I'm hoping it will pass again this year.

Linda's recue centre was on TV here again today - a segment on a programme hosted by a well known TV gardener - Alan Titchmarsh. They do such fantastic work with wildlife. Linda wasn't in it but it could have been filmed when she wasn't there.
Still no news from her - I do hope she and her family are OK after their holiday.

Anyway my Sunday is almost over so I'd better go and lock up and sort the kitchen out before bed.
Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday and I'll see you tomorrow.
Nos Da!

I hated getting the first MOT on my car after shipping it over. Had to have the front head lights dipped down and to the left so that our US lights don’t blind on-coming traffic that is now on the right side. I also had in install a single separate super bright rear fog light in the rear of the car. Once done my old VW Jetta passed MOT. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We have so many things going on at the farm. We added four new ewes. They are from the same farm as our previous ewes and our ram. We very unexpectedly added a dog to the farm. She came from the sheep’s farm and had kept the animals safe. We are hoping she will do the same here. So far she is the smartest dog we’ve had or ever seen. A cold snap is headed this way. We finished all that was needed for Augustus’ heated house. I found a man that will make me one for $300. This thing is so heavy and sturdy. The wood is at least an inch thick. I did all the insulating and painting. With all the fence building we’ve been having to do in preparation for the sheep, hiring a tortoise house builder was a lifesaver. Now I’m going to go get ready for my week of teaching elementary PE.
If the picture is of your daughter and your new dog, it looks like your daughter has a new dog ??. ? I'm glad you still have your turkeys and everything is getting back up and running.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Whoa, no way! No wonder they didn't find him at the NY Giants' stadium.
Hoffa lived in Michigan. When he went missing I was in high school. The police got a tip that he was buried in some vacant land right by my house. After the police left we were over there trying to find him. When they started building the Pontiac Silverdome. My buddies and I were mad because we used to ride out dirt bikes there.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Happy Tuesday.

A bit overcast & muggy. We did some early morning weed pulling & edging. We’ve let a few areas get a bit weedy ‘cause it’s been stinking too hot & humid all Summer. Early morning & evening temps are now tolerable.

Leaves on our Hybrid Tulip Poplars are starting to fall. It’s that time of the year plus it’s been pretty dry here the last few weeks.

Ok. My break is over.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Happy Tuesday.

A bit overcast & muggy. We did some early morning weed pulling & edging. We’ve let a few areas get a bit weedy ‘cause it’s been stinking too hot & humid all Summer. Early morning & evening temps are now tolerable.

Leaves on our Hybrid Tulip Poplars are starting to fall. It’s that time of the year plus it’s been pretty dry here the last few weeks.

Ok. My break is over.
If you ever run out of projects at your place. I have plenty to do over here. ?
I guess I am going to have to hire someone. It's going to be hard to accept. But I see the writing on the wall.?
I am hoping to find a young man that I can teach the tricks of the trades.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
If you ever run out of projects at your place. I have plenty to do over here. ?
I guess I am going to have to hire someone. It's going to be hard to accept. But I see the writing on the wall.?
I am hoping to find a young man that I can teach the tricks of the trades.

Are you still thinking of putting a pool in the yard?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good afternoon/evening all.
It's been quite a nice day here in between clouds.
Lola did some basking, but hasn't eaten a great deal today and took himself off to bed early.
I spent some time topping up the oil, coolant and water etc. in my old car and gave it a clean - it's due an MOT this week and we all know that cleanliness is next to road worthiness.:) It's 14 years old this month and I'm hoping it will pass again this year.

Linda's recue centre was on TV here again today - a segment on a programme hosted by a well known TV gardener - Alan Titchmarsh. They do such fantastic work with wildlife. Linda wasn't in it but it could have been filmed when she wasn't there.
Still no news from her - I do hope she and her family are OK after their holiday.

Anyway my Sunday is almost over so I'd better go and lock up and sort the kitchen out before bed.
Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday and I'll see you tomorrow.
Nos Da!
I’m impressed that your doing your car Maintenence yourself!!! Been very hot the past few days here but cooler temps are moving in this evening! Hope yours is pleasant!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Are you still thinking of putting a pool in the yard?
Yes, we submitted all the paperwork to the ins. company. I needed documentation from my doctor and physical therapist. Why a pool would be beneficial for my recovery. Now just waiting for a answer.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I’m impressed that your doing your car Maintenence yourself!!! Been very hot the past few days here but cooler temps are moving in this evening! Hope yours is pleasant!
Made my Dad teach me the basics of car maintenance. My first car was an old mini and that was just like a Meccano set, I even managed to changed the petrol pump in that and do all the brakes etc. saved myself a lot of money on garage fees. Modern cars are more computerised so topping up the fluids and recharging a battery are about all I can do now.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hoffa lived in Michigan. When he went missing I was in high school. The police got a tip that he was buried in some vacant land right by my house. After the police left we were over there trying to find him. When they started building the Pontiac Silverdome. My buddies and I were mad because we used to ride out dirt bikes there.?
I would have said he was in my garden to get it dug up for free.;)