COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
...........and I just got excited because a formation of about 8 jets flew over my house, which is very unusual.
I wondered if it was the Red Arrow formation team but the jets were grey.
Not as impressive as a rocket though!
Next time I will try to get over to the beach. It is a much better view from there.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It’s still really cool that you see. And you share the news with us because otherwise I would miss it completely!
There are 4 amateur astronauts on the flight only. One who is a billionaire paid for all the costs. One young lady is a cancer survivor with a prosthetic.
Here is some more information:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
There are 4 amateur astronauts on the flight only. One who is a billionaire paid for all the costs. One young lady is a cancer survivor with a prosthetic.
Here is some more information:
Wow.. so now it’s money instead of education to get you to space??? I’m not belittling them though .. I think it’s really cool!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all.
It's a grey day again here but still warm.
Friday again! Not that it makes much difference to me now but Friday evening used to be my favourite part of the week with the whole of the weekend ahead.

My wildlife camera shows that the hedgehog is still about, and the water jet seems to have reduced the cats' visits, but there is one persistent little beggar - he must commando crawl under the lens so he doesn't activate it - or he's lowering himself in from above like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible. :)

Lola is looking for his breakfast so I'd better go and see to him.
Have a good day and TTFN.
I returned my trail camera and have since bought a baby cam that can be used for pets too. It will only be outside when I can watch it. That tricky little hummingbird leaves as soon as she sees me stand up through the picture window. She was here for quite some time today. Sipping then resting on a small limb several times ? as soon as I decided to stand up and try for a picture ? she beat wings outta dodge...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh we just can’t be thinking Christmas already!!!! Somebody please lock me up and hide me!!!
The shops here are already filling up with Xmas wares and displays (the ones that have been able to get deliveries) and one company is already using the 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' song and trying to encourage everyone to start Xmas early in its ads. :confused:
That sort of thing spoils Xmas for me - we haven't even had Hallowe'en and Bonfire night yet!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The shops here are already filling up with Xmas wares and displays (the ones that have been able to get deliveries) and one company is already using the 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' song and trying to encourage everyone to start Xmas early in its ads. :confused:
That sort of thing spoils Xmas for me - we haven't even had Hallowe'en and Bonfire night yet!!
Yes I know what you mean.. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It was quite sunny earlier on but clouded over now - hopefully some rain will fall this weekend.

My neighbour is playing a game with his bin called 'how close to Lyn's door can I leave it?'
They've started leaving it out on the pavement all the time now and he would rather leave it outside my door than his own which is a house width away. He's spoiling for an argument I think and waiting for me to say something, but as much as it annoys me I'll let him carry on - he'll soon .get fed of the trek to his bin.
Or maybe I'll get someone to take a few streets away!?:)
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday so far!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was quite sunny earlier on but clouded over now - hopefully some rain will fall this weekend.

My neighbour is playing a game with his bin called 'how close to Lyn's door can I leave it?'
They've started leaving it out on the pavement all the time now and he would rather leave it outside my door than his own which is a house width away. He's spoiling for an argument I think and waiting for me to say something, but as much as it annoys me I'll let him carry on - he'll soon .get fed of the trek to his bin.
If that were annoying me, I think the bin would mysteriously disappear during the night. . . but I'd make damned good and sure there was no camera directed towards the bin before it 'mysteriously' disappeared.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
If that were annoying me, I think the bin would mysteriously disappear during the night. . . but I'd make damned good and sure there was no camera directed towards the bin before it 'mysteriously' disappeared.
No need to redirect your camera, just turn your power off for a few minutes. I have 8 cameras, I also lose power to my cameras when things have to be taken care of. No one comes in my yard without
me knowing it. Do what you have to do, sorry if you happened to lose power later. Have a good day.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
No need to redirect your camera, just turn your power off for a few minutes. I have 8 cameras, I also lose power to my cameras when things have to be taken care of. No one comes in my yard without
me knowing it. Do what you have to do, sorry if you happened to lose power later. Have a good day.

But….the dude playing with the bin, he might have his own cameras & catch Lyn disposing of it.

Our neighbor did this for a bit….we had some words with him, he moved it back. We eventually played real hard ball & had the County crack down on him for infraction after infraction. He moved & we have nice neighbors again.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sun is playing tag with some low hanging clouds today. Humid as all heck here today (77%) but our Sully loves it. Another month or so and it will soon be time for Ms Sully to come back inside for Winter. ?

Quick trip to Lowes today, picked up a nice 2”x10”x8 ft long pine board. $16.00 for a single board. ??‍♂️ Picked up some Dark Walnut Tung oil & some wood sealer as well. A quick stop at WalMart for a 25# bag of black oilseed sunflower seed for the birdies. I have a nice mixed flock of birds coming daily now, Titmice, Chicadees, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers. Of course Morning Doves too.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sun is playing tag with some low hanging clouds today. Humid as all heck here today (77%) but our Sully loves it. Another month or so and it will soon be time for Ms Sully to come back inside for Winter. ?

Quick trip to Lowes today, picked up a nice 2”x10”x8 ft long pine board. $16.00 for a single board. ??‍♂️ Picked up some Dark Walnut Tung oil & some wood sealer as well. A quick stop at WalMart for a 25# bag of black oilseed sunflower seed for the birdies. I have a nice mixed flock of birds coming daily now, Titmice, Chicadees, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers. Of course Morning Doves too.
I think I'm seeing juncos already and I know my little woodpecker is back. I guess I'll get back to feeding soon. The neighbors feed too so the birds check me out too. I have lots of crab apples and bugs? This time I'll have a camera outside because it's up and running. ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was referring to the neighbor's camera. . . the pesky bin may be a trap.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I was referring to the neighbor's camera. . . the pesky bin may be a trap.
Sorry about that, wasn't thinking. Some of my neighbor don't like my cameras but most do. When something happens in the neighborhood that it my cameras view the neighbor's ask me if I can find out what happened. The police ask me also, there are 3 people in jail because of my cameras.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

I like that idea. If you have someone do that. Have them fill it with concrete.