COLD DARK ROOM

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
My mom saw goldenrods blooming. She said it means out first frost will be in 6 weeks. We need to finish Augustus’ insulated house. The girls chose light purple and got busy painting. It’s still awfully hot but cooler weather will be here before we know it.

Attachments

• 57BA8A63-6AAF-4D36-92AD-4482EA67FF31.jpeg
    57BA8A63-6AAF-4D36-92AD-4482EA67FF31.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Thanks Lyn. all went good. They basically told us that it could be 1-2 more years before we look at any more surgical options. Nerve recovery is slow and tests show that hers are responding.. Jess left disheartened at the thought of two more years like she is now. My heart hurts for her. But in the bigger picture, they think she will regain so much more with time and a lot of work on her part.. it really was good news but she needs some time to rebuild her outlook.. She will though. I won’t let her quit.
Thank you for the update. Praying for Jess!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My mom saw goldenrods blooming. She said it means out first frost will be in 6 weeks. We need to finish Augustus’ insulated house. The girls chose light purple and got busy painting. It’s still awfully hot but cooler weather will be here before we know it.
I've always heard that too. 6 weeks till frost. Like mother like daughters taking care of tortoise ? nice ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Pickles has a lot to explore, it looks great.
This is a pic of 4 of my frogs all lined up at the edge of their watering hole
View attachment 331362
I haven't seen the 5th frog for a while I hope he's OK and just moved on.
A group of frogs is called 'an army' - maybe that's where to frog march someone comes from.
I think 'a croak of frogs' sounds better.:)

Soooooo cute!!! ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I wondered if it was France time again.
Hope you have a lovely time - looks like a beautiful place.
Are your son and daughter joining you this year?
Daughter came with us. Son and his (French!) girlfriend travelled by train from London to the Marseille area by train also on Friday. Girlfriend has lived in the UK since she was 12. She has family near Marseille and in Paris. They’re coming here on Monday (tomorrow) to stay until Sunday and then going up to Paris to visit that half of her family.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. Our drive to our holiday home went well and we are now settled in.

We ate at a restaurant last night and enjoyed ourselves looking for geckos on the ways home. The lights are always a good place to look :D
790CAD32-7AA1-4F72-83B7-464CAAA00F74.jpeg

At 11am it’s already 28C/82F and the high is due to be 34C /93F which is plenty hot enough for me! We will be spending the day lounging around reading and swimming.
AE8F68F0-1209-4D69-A89B-596A73EA4EBF.jpeg
The little orange tree has an orange on it :)
E068A2EE-2703-4E9D-89EB-A1965EFEB7F6.jpeg61F24FD8-7862-45B4-8DB2-27E451B61FDA.jpeg31D739CE-845D-463E-B4BB-13E35CC101EE.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. It's brighter and warmer here this morning so no doubt Lola will be outside soon when the sun hits his favourite basking spot.
I have to go shopping as my fridge/freezer is almost empty so I'll see you later.
Hope you have a restful Sunday.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think I read that the tortoise it's based on is called Gary
I'm not going to let Lola see it - don't want him getting any ideas!!:)
My mistake - Gary is the tort in the Homebase advert, the one in the train ad is called Turbo.
All computer generated imagery for sure but the tort is very realistic.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Apologies all for my absence. I have been exceedingly busy.

However, the brief news is that I am on holiday at last. We left home at silly o’clock this morning… drove to the Eurotunnel terminal and onto a train… and then drove another 570 miles arriving in a tiny place called Mirmande in France.

Traffic was abnormally quiet and we arrived at 4.30pm local time. We would have been delighted with a 5.30pm arrival so this was very cool.

The sun is out. It’s 30C but there’s a cooling breeze and it’s all very pleasant for relaxing with a beer. ?

So here are a few postcards.
View attachment 331277
View attachment 331278
View attachment 331279
View attachment 331280
The wifi is terrible so there may not be anything else until we get somewhere more modern tomorrow!

I was out and about also...but my trip looks nothing like yours. Beautiful, and I remember the trains thru France...so fun...I traveled thru Europe in the mid 70's.
This is the part I saw of Portland Oregon yesterday...lol!
100_0377.JPG