COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Welcome to Monday everyone.. The love of my life is 2 today.. YEP.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDER…
I have to take Jayden to meet his teacher this afternoon.( His first day of 2nd grade is Thursday.. ). Then this evening after that, we will be having a full blown dog party. I have baked a doggy cake for the occasion and will of course take many pics to document the occasion.. here’s the sneak peek..View attachment 330660

Happy birthday Cider!!!!
You made it to 2!!!!!
Woooo hooooo!!!!!
…(bells and whistles) ?????????????????????

And…. Before you go.?…..
Is that a TURKEY ON YOUR SON!!! ?
Or is your son on a turkey?? ????
What an awesome birdie!!!!
I hope he gets some cake too?
Or a treat of some kind… gobble gobble beauty!! ❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I finally got up the courage to get my SD card ready to activate my trail camera and guess what... For once it went halfway decent using my computer ? tomorrow I'll be doing the activation on my phone. That stuff is always stressful because I'm so computer illiterate. We'll see ?

Good luck Cathy!
If you need any help…..?…..
Ask Blackdog….?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Just found the most amazing random bloom in my backyard yesterday! I awesome a squirrel dropped it after it stole it from a neighbor.
They look similar to some I have which I believe are called Nerines. Mine tend to flower around November time without leaves but the green ribbon type leaves appear for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Pictures please. ?
naked ladies a.jpgnaked ladies b.jpgnaked ladies c.jpgnaked ladies d.jpgnaked ladies e.jpg

In the second picture there's one right in front of Misty. They're just about finished blooming, so hard to see. In the third picture you can see how they send up a flower stem first, after the flowers die the leaves come up. It's a good thing you asked for pictures because in the last picture the turtle was stuck in the old bark and couldn't get out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. I had my proud Mum moment today as I for to release the little wren that we have reared from a pink newly hatched miniscule dinosaur. Unfortunately my attempt to video the releas failed as he was too quick to be off!

He spent this morning beating waxworms senseless and consuming them… he ate at least his own bodyweight in them, so I know he left well fed :D

I also got this little video of him taking a dustbath this morning.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I
Good luck Cathy!
If you need any help…..?…..
Ask Blackdog….?
I chickened out so far today. Plus Dilly had a wellness check which always wears me out but I still may just get belligerent and just do it yet today. I also have to decide which plan I want to be on. I can do unlimited photos for $100 a year, 250 per month for some kinda fee, or 100 per month for free. The free one only gives me about 3.3 per day and the camera takes pictures on movement and other variables. I'm not sure but when I do the activation I don't want to have to go back in trying to make a bunch of changes. At least I have the SD card ready for when I do it.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternooning all. I had my proud Mum moment today as I for to release the little wren that we have reared from a pink newly hatched miniscule dinosaur. Unfortunately my attempt to video the releas failed as he was too quick to be off!

He spent this morning beating waxworms senseless and consuming them… he ate at least his own bodyweight in them, so I know he left well fed :D

I also got this little video of him taking a dustbath this morning.
That was adorable ? he really gets down to business ? looks like a little survivor to me ☺️

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh Cinder! She just takes it all in stride. None of the pictures show a face that's put upon. Love the tutu!!
I almost felt guilty for putting her through the rigamorole just so I could have those pictures but she really enjoyed her cake and presents.. it was hot and she was put out at me For taking the pics instead of just letting her dive into the cake.. here’s the photo of THAT ???576296A6-D5E6-4C8E-AD07-D3EF98940806.jpeg
they all slept like the dead last night and then had a blast digging through all the new things today..

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I almost felt guilty for putting her through the rigamorole just so I could have those pictures but she really enjoyed her cake and presents.. it was hot and she was put out at me For taking the pics instead of just letting her dive into the cake.. here’s the photo of THAT ???View attachment 330725
they all slept like the dead last night and then had a blast digging through all the new things today..
omg! She looks drugged lol...so funny

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I almost felt guilty for putting her through the rigamorole just so I could have those pictures but she really enjoyed her cake and presents.. it was hot and she was put out at me For taking the pics instead of just letting her dive into the cake.. here’s the photo of THAT ???View attachment 330725
I noticed you said almost ?