COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Traditionally it’s leftover cooked cabbage and mashed potato with bacon. Jamie’s version is a posh cheffy version. It’s even better topped with a fried egg :D
That actually sounds good because I love sour crout with mashed potatoes. I always have to have a bite of the crout with a bit of mashed potatoes at the same time. Brussel sprouts would be just as good. To get the squeak I could use beef bacon.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
She said a lot of people did a double take when passing her. Some people in the parking lot stopped to ask about her and asked her name. A little girl at the feed store kept petting her. I was waiting for someone to snap a picture and put it on our local FB page talking about how country some people are.
Every year I see people that dress up their pet chicken for various holidays. Why not a turkey?☺️

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I was going to show y’all a video of Bobert singing/hollering on Emogene’s shoulder right before she left, but I guess videos aren’t allowed.
I have it posted on Facebook on our farm page, Creeping Acres Farm, if you want to see it.

Attachments

• 0AB2BC5A-89B6-47CC-8759-C28D9FDF30DF.jpeg
    0AB2BC5A-89B6-47CC-8759-C28D9FDF30DF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I moved to Oregon from California almost 16 years ago. I brought cactus with me to grow for the tortoises.So I have all these pots of cactus...
View attachment 330629
however, not 1 tortoise that passed thru these door ate the damn things.
View attachment 330630
and I swear there must be little tiny men hiding in the pot, and throwing cactus spines at me...ouch!
so they have been a pain in my fingers (lol) but look at what happened for the first time...
so pretty..
View attachment 330632View attachment 330631
I love them!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I moved to Oregon from California almost 16 years ago. I brought cactus with me to grow for the tortoises.So I have all these pots of cactus...
View attachment 330629
however, not 1 tortoise that passed thru these door ate the damn things.
View attachment 330630
and I swear there must be little tiny men hiding in the pot, and throwing cactus spines at me...ouch!
so they have been a pain in my fingers (lol) but look at what happened for the first time...
so pretty..
View attachment 330632View attachment 330631

Maggie,
With all that’s going on in California right now.. I’m thinking that little cactus ? is showing his appreciation for you getting his a** ..outta there 16 years ago… ?

How beautiful his flower is!
Be nice to it…
Water it…
Talk to it…
Hug..???….
No … don’t do THAT!
Well…. I hope you get the idea…
Treat it well and it will continue to surprise you with beautiful flowers ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I was going to show y’all a video of Bobert singing/hollering on Emogene’s shoulder right before she left, but I guess videos aren’t allowed.
I have it posted on Facebook on our farm page, Creeping Acres Farm, if you want to see it.

What a beautiful turkey!!!
Is he white or gray???
My eyes are old now…?
But I CAN see that he is gorgeous.
I’m off to find the video on fb. ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
Another week begins with mixed weather.
I've had the stitches from my shoulder removed this morning - all good so far; still waiting for the results but I'm optimistic that they'll be fine.
Lola is out and about, he didn't eat much yesterday but he's making up for it today.

I'd better make a start on a few chores I've been putting off so I'll see you later.
Have a good Monday.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evenooning all. I have spent the day with my in laws which was less trying than average. We had the journey from hell to get home… really bad traffic. We have had dinner and now I must bid you goodnight.
Glad the visit was better.. hate that it had to be topped with traffic ordeal.. hopefully today is much better:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Welcome to Monday everyone.. The love of my life is 2 today.. YEP.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDER…
I have to take Jayden to meet his teacher this afternoon.( His first day of 2nd grade is Thursday.. ). Then this evening after that, we will be having a full blown dog party. I have baked a doggy cake for the occasion and will of course take many pics to document the occasion.. here’s the sneak peek..4B26C237-5060-42C0-8635-E1CDBF96C764.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to Monday everyone.. The love of my life is 2 today.. YEP.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDER…
I have to take Jayden to meet his teacher this afternoon.( His first day of 2nd grade is Thursday.. ). Then this evening after that, we will be having a full blown dog party. I have baked a doggy cake for the occasion and will of course take many pics to document the occasion.. here’s the sneak peek..View attachment 330660
Aw. . . my favorite doggy is getting a party!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I finally got up the courage to get my SD card ready to activate my trail camera and guess what... For once it went halfway decent using my computer ? tomorrow I'll be doing the activation on my phone. That stuff is always stressful because I'm so computer illiterate. We'll see ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have to take Jayden to meet his teacher this afternoon.( His first day of 2nd grade is Thursday.. ). Then this evening after that, we will be having a full blown dog party. I have baked a doggy cake for the occasion and will of course take many pics to document the occasion.. here’s the sneak peek..View attachment 330660
I'm looking forward to the pics. Happy birthday Cinder! It seems like yesterday that you got her. The saying is too true. Time flies when you're having fun.?