COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi again, dumped some junk today then back home to potter about.
My nephew called in, so got some other things from the attic that will go on the Freecycle website to see if anyone wants some of it.....one man's junk is another man's treasure......hopefully.
Lola has spent most of the day outside enjoying the sunshine. He'd better make the most of it - the weather is going downhill again from Thursday. Nephew took this picture of him
1628029318041.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My nephew called in, so got some other things from the attic that will go on the Freecycle website to see if anyone wants some of it.....one man's junk is another man's treasure......hopefully.
Lola has spent most of the day outside enjoying the sunshine. He'd better make the most of it - the weather is going downhill again from Thursday. Nephew took this picture of him
View attachment 330339
I love his little face. Even if it does look ornery and opinionated. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
View attachment 330339

Lola is simply gorgeous! ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
You all might recall that I picked up some wild Cherry tree limbs from the roadside last year sometime. I “rough” turned a few limbs into smaller more manageable pieces. Every now & then, I’ll grab a chunk & just “make some shavings”. Here’s a little vase/urn with a lid. The gab between the lid & base (bottom of pix) looks rough now until fully complete.

Wild Cherry | Lidded Vase

843AE294-5E23-4E46-95D5-74BC8CB5E88F.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You all might recall that I picked up some wild Cherry tree limbs from the roadside last year sometime. I “rough” turned a few limbs into smaller more manageable pieces. Every now & then, I’ll grab a chunk & just “make some shavings”. Here’s a little vase/urn with a lid. The gab between the lid & base (bottom of pix) looks rough now until fully complete.

Wild Cherry | Lidded Vase

View attachment 330343
I remember cause it's actually my favorite wood. I just love it's sheen and that doesn't even have a finish yet I'll bet.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 330339
How exciting!!! Lola is a handsome man ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I took Jayden to the Caldwell zoo this afternoon.. Im trying to get in a few short outings before school starts next week.3C00B5AD-963D-4EA3-ABAE-6CF9A51374F6.jpeg982CFD4D-5F07-4C69-969C-309F98487827.jpeg4C5DDEB3-F935-4E87-B848-DCE97A23756A.jpeg. They have added a few Aldabras and I sneaked in a pet on the beautiful head and neck that was reaching for me!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
We'd been getting hundred year floods for a few years but so far this year has been a bit better. Thank God. Hello it's nice to see you again ?
We've been having that as well. 2016 was the worst. 90% of the homes in our city flooded as well as neighboring cities. My parents and sister flooded. We were lucky that year. We've moved since but still in the same city, and our current house did not flood that year, so we are hopeful. We are about to pay for two large metal shade coverings and feeding structures for our pastures for the horses and sheep. We let the guy know that we will go ahead and have them ordered and paid, but we have to have a week of zero rain for them to be able to get back there to put them together. The tortoises are having the best humid life. They didn't even want to come out today though. We had monsoon weather again. Tomorrow calls for sunshine. I can't wait!

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We've been having that as well. 2016 was the worst. 90% of the homes in our city flooded as well as neighboring cities. My parents and sister flooded. We were lucky that year. We've moved since but still in the same city, and our current house did not flood that year, so we are hopeful. We are about to pay for two large metal shade coverings and feeding structures for our pastures for the horses and sheep. We let the guy know that we will go ahead and have them ordered and paid, but we have to have a week of zero rain for them to be able to get back there to put them together. The tortoises are having the best humid life. They didn't even want to come out today though. We had monsoon weather again. Tomorrow calls for sunshine. I can't wait!
That will be nice for the horses and sheep. Here's hoping for them soon ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I'll bet Jayden actually felt like he was at home and not on an outing ?
That’s funny! I told him the exact same thing and he quickly replied that we were missing the anteater and tigers! ??? Oh yes, and the birds that he was feeding! They were the whole reason that he badgered me into going today.. lol