COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
If memory serves, he had several pieces of colorful wood, but I can't remember if they were laminated or what.
They were were very unusual types of wood pieced together in blocks. The technique isn't laminate but I for the life of me can't remember what it's called. Butcher block is the same type.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My little visitor came back today and sipped sugar water from his hummingbird feeder. Once at 8am and again at 9am that I saw. So it's established! I have an official hummingbird feeder. I doubt they forget where free food is. I love it ❤️ maybe I'll get some cool photos for my efforts.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all. We had both children visit today as it’s JoesDad’s birthday tomorrow. They’re gone now, but it is lovely to see them :)

We are currently in the middle of a deluge. I hesitate to call it a storm. It’s raining so hard that the satellite tv isn’t working.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evenooning all. We had both children visit today as it’s JoesDad’s birthday tomorrow. They’re gone now, but it is lovely to see them :)

We are currently in the middle of a deluge. I hesitate to call it a storm. It’s raining so hard that the satellite tv isn’t working.
Same here and Sapphire was out in it. Usually he runs for his hidey hut and is bone dry but not today. When the rain finally stopped I brought him in. He got a good rain soak. Happy birthday JoesDad!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Happy early birthday to JoesDad! It’s always nice to read of your children. Your family values garner lots of respect.

hope the deluge brings nothing more than the loss of signal for you. That kind of rain here always equals lots of yard work for me:-(

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
OMG!!! What a contented look. Growing up none of our dogs were afraid of the pool, but I really doubt any one of them would have stayed on a floaty! That dog is so special.
She really is.. she heals my heart when I don’t even know it’s broken. She will be two on August the 9th and I can’t even believe this… but I am planning a full blown dog party and baking her a doggy cake.. it might sound stupid but I’ve realized that it brings me joy and happiness to do these things.. so why the heck not?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My little hummingbird came back again this evening. It's a little green one. I've seen that same color in my back yard in the past. I think it may be an Anna's. I feel so blessed. Pictures when I can. It shouldn't be hard because they don't scare easy. It's catching them with the slowness of a camera that's the only problem. Hope and pray ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
She really is.. she heals my heart when I don’t even know it’s broken. She will be two on August the 9th and I can’t even believe this… but I am planning a full blown dog party and baking her a doggy cake.. it might sound stupid but I’ve realized that it brings me joy and happiness to do these things.. so why the heck not?
I don't know how you tell her no ? how do you hide your smile when you're trying to get her to behave ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

We only had a little shower here all day.
Hope the rain doesn't last long or cause any flash flooding in your area.

Happy Birthday to JoesDad!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all!
We are having a grey but comfortable day here.
Not much planned today, but may go up in the attic to see what I can get rid of up there - quite a lot I suspect!!!

If you don't hear from me in the next couple of days please alert someone - I may be dangling through a ceiling!! :D

Have a good Monday!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Why the heck not!!! Who gives a rats a** what others think when it comes to the rare special love and bond with some pets. Frankly...taking Bob around to do the things we did made me so happy, I always say, "he filled my heart".
Cinder is one of the special ones, that so comes thru in photos.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It doesn't seem like two whole years since we saw puppy pictures. Give her a big wet kiss on the nose from me!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. We had a lot of rain and there has been flooding locally. Fortunately we are at the top of a hill and, while the pond is brim full and so are the rain butts, we are very unlikely to flood ever.

JoesDad and I are going to London again tonight for his birthday present this time. We have tickets to see comedian Bill Bailey who is probably unheard of on the other side of the Atlantic. He is is very funny and also a talented musician, so it will be interesting to see what his show is like. He’s also a keen birdwatcher which undoubtedly features very little in his act :D