COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
I don’t know if it works in the USA, but I have an app called BirdNet on my phone. You let it listen to the bird call, select a portion of what is recorded and press the Analyse button. It’s really good at identifying what is making the sound.

A little phone video posted on here might help me to work out what’s going on too

Thank you!
I will try that tonight and tomorrow!!
I will see if we get that app right now.
Thank you again! ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We do have to be licensed to handle certain animals. It’s not quite an “anyone can do it” set up. And we have a fully equipped vet room with secure meds cupboard, x ray equipment, anaesthesia equipment, etc. We don’t just make it up as we go along
It's good that people need to be licensed to handle certain animals but it still looks like the UK supports the people that want to in a different way. I'm rooting for the one you volunteer at because it's obvious that they know what they are doing.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
He sells art and products from them on a regular basis. It's hard to get him to understand the concept that he could sell a lot through his own business featuring his art. We've tried. He is working part time at a McDonald's because he wants to work for a paycheck. It's the old saying that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.?
Somehow your brother gets the pride of work thru earning a paycheck. We've had employees just like Joe, functioning with some oversight from parents or siblings but proud of going to work. The stories I could tell you about Harry!! It's just a little hard for them to go outside their comfort zone. And Gawd are they stubborn.

Tell Joe I absolutely loved his artwork!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all,
Feels hotter than hell here today!
I've been out and about and even with the windows open at 50 mph the car thermometer read 39C - thats about 102F!!
It was like an oven but I didn't stay in it long enough to get fully cooked.
Of course the A/C isn't working - every year I intend to get it refilled, but then the temps drop again and I forget about it. That'll teach me for putting it off.
Lola's been out but didn't stay long,
Hope you are all having a pleasant Monday.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I've have alot of personal issues I'm having to work through right now im so sorry.
Miss you guys
Just alot going on ??
Sorry to hear about your troubles and hope all is resolved soon.
You know where we are if you need to chat.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good afternoon/morning all,
Feels hotter than hell here today!
I've been out and about and even with the windows open at 50 mph the car thermometer read 39C - thats about 102F!!
It was like an oven but I didn't stay in it long enough to get fully cooked.
Of course the A/C isn't working - every year I intend to get it refilled, but then the temps drop again and I forget about it. That'll teach me for putting it off.
Lola's been out but didn't stay long,
Hope you are all having a pleasant Monday.

Good morning Lyn
Here’s a trick I learned from working in the kitchens..
Try to put a bowl of ice water or cold water behind a fan and let the cold air get sucked through the fan to cool you off.
It’s worth a try if you have no air conditioning in 102degrees.
You can get sick with heat that hot.
Please take care of you and the animals!

Do not do much at all!!!! ❤️?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I've have alot of personal issues I'm having to work through right now im so sorry.
Miss you guys
Just alot going on ??
Don't worry about it. We're always glad to hear from you, no matter when!

I'm curious. I see you've added "Rosa" to your username. I had your name down as "Kat." Which is it?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning Lyn
Here’s a trick I learned from working in the kitchens..
Try to put a bowl of ice water or cold water behind a fan and let the cold air get sucked through the fan to cool you off.
It’s worth a try if you have no air conditioning in 102degrees.
You can get sick with heat that hot.
Please take care of you and the animals!

Do not do much at all!!!! ❤️?
Thanks, I'll definitely try that but it is a bit cooler in my house. I've not been out in the garden much today because it's such a sun trap and even in the shade of the trees it's uncomfortable.
We just aren't used to these temps and an extreme heat warning has been issued for Wales for the first time ever today.
I can easily do as little as possible, everything is an effort in the heat.
Lola has been in and out and thankfully I looked out shortly after he went out and saw him struggling on his back!? I think he must have tried to climb up the edge of the path which is about 4 inches high. I don't know why as he couldn't go anywhere even if he'd succeeded. But then why do torts do anything??‍♀️
More adaptations needed!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Somehow your brother gets the pride of work thru earning a paycheck. We've had employees just like Joe, functioning with some oversight from parents or siblings but proud of going to work. The stories I could tell you about Harry!! It's just a little hard for them to go outside their comfort zone. And Gawd are they stubborn.

Tell Joe I absolutely loved his artwork!!
He is so loving everybody's compliments ? I think he has to be stubborn to cope with everything. So I try to just help him be Joe as much as possible.? Sometimes I have to put my foot down and I don't enjoy it but it's sometimes necessary.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
As a treat for selling our Rehab house, wifey ordered some fancy woodblanks so I can turn some special bowls to remember the big day.
These 6x6x3 inch blanks should look interesting when finished.

View attachment 329373
Canny wait to see how that turns out! Is that mohagany & Cedar??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Finally home from the long weekend.. i think it brought me a bit of peace and maybe just a little closure.. everyone else really had a good time as well. I never do as well with the pictures as most of you do but I got a couple. 99430978-1764-462A-8958-8BA74E9E3007.jpegA1D48942-49E8-4E2F-B80F-CBCA63440A60.jpegF4085904-F884-408F-B385-F2EEB91D8859.jpeg

Attachments

• 615800D1-61F4-4756-A542-E38E31783611.jpeg
    615800D1-61F4-4756-A542-E38E31783611.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster