COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
So here are some photos of my garden in summer.

First up the pond now has lots of plants to see. The Water Lily has 2 flowers in bud. Hopefully they’ll get to open before it rains again ??E48AA0B5-ED96-461C-AF85-30CB078E5543.jpeg

The border next to the pond has a colourful mixture in it.
BEF10479-F1A7-4EA7-B85E-FE1D998989DD.jpeg

This corner was the spot where nothing grew due to a monster pine tree next door. It’s now a mass of flowers, especially wild thyme which I use in cooking.
0A1C6D38-3EE8-45D3-BFF8-C45C60619B9E.jpeg

Pulled back a bit. There‘s an obelisk thing you can just make out.Last winter I planted a honeysuckle which is very small this year and also a rambling rose which isn’t showing much sign of rambling yet (I hope they sold me the right thing!) Some of the grass has stayed long after NoMow May; it will be cut towards the end of August. The Bay is on the extreme right.4F09CB2A-40A0-4746-AB4A-09A8B1A33C7D.jpeg

And round the front, this is the Rosemary after it’s trim (next to a Hebe). We don’t exactly have a front garden, just this patch which has to have drought tolerant plants in it because it gets so hot there.
1C5B63F3-92D1-4A68-8E18-6020C021C4FD.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How do you make such a large photo? I thought 'full image was what I am using. The sunset that big is beautiful...but can you imagine Mary Knobbins face that big???Look Out Maryzilla lolololol
Tap on Insert on the picture thumbnail

706C563C-15B6-4D08-8DC8-D2891DF9300A.png

Then tap on Full Image
203EF978-EBA4-4045-82A7-124468764459.png

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
How do you make such a large photo? I thought 'full image was what I am using. The sunset that big is beautiful...but can you imagine Mary Knobbins face that big???Look Out Maryzilla lolololol
There are lots of deer in East Tx where I live.. I’m in south Tx now and I don’t know much about the wild life.. the people here are really friendly though. The beaches are getting pretty populated but the ocean is not pretty here.. the water is nasty.. definitly more of a fishing area.. although I will take the kids across to the swimming beach anyway.. the waters are loaded with crabs and jellyfish so it’s a little risky.. I did catch a large blue crab this morning…

and to answer your question about the photo… I have no idea ???

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So here are some photos of my garden in summer.

First up the pond now has lots of plants to see. The Water Lily has 2 flowers in bud. Hopefully they’ll get to open before it rains again ??View attachment 329223

The border next to the pond has a colourful mixture in it.
View attachment 329228

This corner was the spot where nothing grew due to a monster pine tree next door. It’s now a mass of flowers, especially wild thyme which I use in cooking.
View attachment 329225

Pulled back a bit. There‘s an obelisk thing you can just make out.Last winter I planted a honeysuckle which is very small this year and also a rambling rose which isn’t showing much sign of rambling yet (I hope they sold me the right thing!) Some of the grass has stayed long after NoMow May; it will be cut towards the end of August. The Bay is on the extreme right.View attachment 329224

And round the front, this is the Rosemary after it’s trim (next to a Hebe). We don’t exactly have a front garden, just this patch which has to have drought tolerant plants in it because it gets so hot there.
View attachment 329226
What a lovely garden.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oops sorry I posted two pictures twice by accident.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
There was that issue with our jabs but the incidence was so low compared to the millions that had it successfully that while it was investigated it didn't affect the roll out. As with all meds there may be a small percentage of people who suffer side effects in different ways. I only had a day of mild flu like symptons after my first jab- nothing at all after the second, my nephew had a sore arm for a few days.
I could still get covid but hopefully because of the jabs. I won't end up hopsitalised being ventialted.

Yes, I agree. I got both jabs and was really sick for four days each time. It all depends on your immune system. I am not a person with any lung problems or breathing issues amd I still got very sick. But not hospitalized..
I think I just mentioned that so in case she has lung or breathing issues she knows about what I had heard.
I am still glad I got jabbed but I can see why some people don’t want it.
But before all this Covid stuff I never had a flu shot until the year before Covid hit. That October before Covid started I got the flu shot and somehow survived getting sick in all kinds of ways and I was so grateful for getting that flu shot. So that’s why I ended up deciding to get the Covid shots. If it would keep me from being hospitalized, I would take the chance….

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes mam, that’s Ally. She has been my daughter since she was 4 yrs old. She’s 14 now ?.. Jayden was really excited about that fish but it was a learning experience for him on holding it all by himself. It was a Gafttop just over the legal limit for keeping:)

my husband surprised us and came along for a couple days also.. he caught a pretty big gar last night.. it was quite an ordeal since he was fishing off the deck a good 20ft above the water ?. It was exciting for all of us though and we were actually able to bring it in.. took some pictures and released it.View attachment 329219

Holy Cowabunga!!!!
Now THATS a FISH!!!!!
Wow!!!!!
?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Gorgeous!
I simply LOOOOVE the little elephant ?! ?
Hey Carol!!!!
Did you get my fireworks?
They were going off behind EllieMays waving hands ?!
We have all missed you!
Glad your ok and back (for a little bit)
Keep resting though as you can get over excited and do too much and end up sick again.. ❤️

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes, it’s the herb rosemary. I planted it at the front where it gets a lot of heat and direct sun and it loves it. Like lavender, it gets leggy unless clipped regularly. It flowers very early too. We often have flowers on it late December and it will flower through to March/April. Bees love it. So do my neighbours; the bush is plenty large enough for them to help themselves when they want some. ?

The Bay is also the herb…I use the bay leaves when cooking. I planted it in my last house 30 years ago and then took chttings when we moved here on 1999. It’s now over 6ft high and about 4ft wide. Again it responds well to being clipped.

I have a small electric shears thanks goodness; it would be too big a job to do by hand.
Today on the dream team Saturday morning programs there was a spot on Hope in the Wild. It was about the Folly Wildlife Rescue in western Kent. It was good. It's so neat that the UK allows people to rehabilitate and rescue wildlife without a license. I feel if people care enough to do that service they should never be hampered by government regulations.? but only encouraged.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Gorgeous!
I simply LOOOOVE the little elephant ?! ?
Hey Carol!!!!
Did you get my fireworks?
They were going off behind EllieMays waving hands ?!
We have all missed you!
Glad your ok and back (for a little bit)
Keep resting though as you can get over excited and do too much and end up sick again.. ❤️
No I am sorry I did not see them. My phone sometimes skips messages for some reason. I will have to go look for them.