Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Even muggier today & yuckier. ?????

I planted a few Castor Beans last week just cause….and a few are up. They are planted up high with the bananas, so don’t have to worry about anything eating them

View attachment 328014
O-o-o. . . ricin! Who do you plan to poison? ***Yvonne rubs her hands together**

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
good morning! Had a good trip but I’m dragging this morning. Still have much unpacking to do.. not many pictures to share with you yet but one of my friends is the photographer in our group and she hasn’t gotten around to Sharing so far....

Hope you had a great weekend!

Hot & muggy again here today, worse tomorrow.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
good morning! Had a good trip but I’m dragging this morning. Still have much unpacking to do.. not many pictures to share with you yet but one of my friends is the photographer in our group and she hasn’t gotten around to Sharing so far....
Must have been a good weekend!
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Is that the plant that castor oil comes from?
Might give them lovely skin - or the runs!!;)
Yep it is what castor oil comes from according to google. I had to check it out seeing the glee it caused Yavonne ? also I saw it's some sort of coffee bean too?? I'd be thinking twice...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yep it is what castor oil comes from according to google. I had to check it out seeing the glee it caused Yavonne ? also I saw it's some sort of coffee bean too?? I'd be thinking twice...
Ricin, from castor beans, is an extremely deadly poison with no antidote.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning afternoon all.
It's very warm and muggy here, just had a light rain shower but it feels like we could have a good a thunder storm to clear the air.
USA did very well at Wimbledon yesterday. I'm just watching Venus Williams match but she has a bit of a fight on her hands.
Lola is stretched out in his favourite sunny spot - right in front of the door ?‍♀️
He has a large grassy area full of weeds he could use but no - he likes to be right under my feet.
He must trust me though, because he doesn't flinch when I have to step very carefully over him.
Thankfully he's big enough that I couldn't miss seeing him there.
Maybe he thinks he's a guard tort.
Anyway see you later - have a good Tuesday.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Record heat here...110 yesterday...this is the Willamette Valley...trees, rivers and decent weather. I'm sure y'all know about the record heat. A 'normal' hot day here is abt 83. So since the 25th we've been seriously hot. Normally the weather is such that most of us do not have air conditioners in our houses...I don't. Even tho I'm a good gardner and am current on watering...I lost a 20 yr old Rhoady, an Azalea, large Morning Glories, a Sunflower, and almost lost Houdini the Jerk. My grandson is visiting here from the Central Coast of California, so we were out messing around for a few hours. I started to feel uncomfortable but didn't know why. We went downtown Corvallis and sat in the city park for a bitafter our errands. Even in the shade the wind felt like it was coming off the desert instead of the ocean. I told Jake we had to go home. I didn't know why. So we drove home (no ac in the hot rod) and the first thing was to check on the animals. In the big room the birds were hot, the water in the water turtle's 150 gallon tank was very warm, it was 98 degrees in the living room. Seriously. and in going outside the first thing I see is Houdini The Jerk in his normal position on his back, he is in the only damn spot of sun in his pen. Oh I got so scared...I picked him up and he was extremely hot but his eyes were open and he looked at me. Crap. I took him in the house and put him in the bath tub and let coolish water run over him while it was filling the tub. So I put him in the water and just left him be. Went back out. Male tortoise face in the corner and sitting in the sprinkler...lol...it was just dribbling out, but he was really staying cool in it. The darned Sulcata has again created her own idea of heaven and she was so covered in mud. Houdini The Jerk seems fine this morning. I was very worried about him. I will watch him closely for a few days to make sure there's no lingering affects.100_7484.JPG..