COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Yikes Ray. I hope they have walk-ins today? Hope it’s nothing serious.
hang in there.
The doctor told me if I wanted. I should go to the hospital. I am putting ice on it and keeping above my heart. Really don't feel like going to the hospital. I always end up staying for a few days. I will see what's going on with it tomorrow. As long as the skin doesn't change color. I will keep a eye on it. I have the filter in so if it's a blood clot. I really don't know what they can do.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Looks like I am going to the doctors. My foot is swollen this morning and hurts. Waiting for a call back from the doctor. Hopefully it's just my arthritis acting up. But it is a different pain than the usual arthritis pain. If you notice I don't have a big toenail. Had those removed years ago. View attachment 327853

Dear God Ray!!!
What the.....?
Is it the new meds making your foot swell up?
I am sending prayers and hugs!! ?❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Another pretty nice day, a tad warmer than yesterday, but not hot & humid like last week.

Our Hostas, Liatris & Yellow Coneflowers continue to bloom. Sunflower from tossed bird seed is up & showing color.

View attachment 327859
View attachment 327860

How absolutely beautiful!!!!
I am running out of words here Maro2bear!!
I’m just gonna have to move to that town!
I promise, I am VERY quiet ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I got an added bonus to this year's bird feeding. I'm not sure what it is but it looks like a flower to me ?View attachment 327861

Then THATS what it is then, my sweetheart.
A sunflower.
It’s yellow
It’s tall.....
And it’s pretty.
Maybe it’s a “dwarf sunflower” though? ?
Nevertheless, gorgeous! Just gorgeous...

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
The doctor told me if I wanted. I should go to the hospital. I am putting ice on it and keeping above my heart. Really don't feel like going to the hospital. I always end up staying for a few days. I will see what's going on with it tomorrow. As long as the skin doesn't change color. I will keep a eye on it. I have the filter in so if it's a blood clot. I really don't know what they can do.

Good vibes
Good prayers =good news. ?❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I knew we were pushing it, actually having nice flowers in our own garden to enjoy. Then BAM, like that gone.

View attachment 327889

Same thing happened to me last year!!!
I figured it out though.....
It was a deer ?
I grew all of my roses and one day all of the heads were missing????
Rather than get mad...
I figured I was giving them food.
I mean, where else were they supposed to go?
Macdonald’s???

(I am sure, if they could, they would order
2- Big Macs with the works!) Tee hee hee...?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Pretty quiet in here, hope everyone is ok? Heather is off on her trip. Ray is hopping about. UK folks are either busy complaining about the heat, or too much rain. Oregon, California, . ? You all there. ?
The Chef in Nj is active as is Cathie in Ohio. Colorado? Ok?

Did you all hear? There was an earthquake in Md today.

Started a new Cedar Bowl today when it got too hot outside.

The start..

15FF3413-4639-4208-966C-F91050EAF57F.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Pretty quiet in here, hope everyone is ok? Heather is off on her trip. Ray is hopping about. UK folks are either busy complaining about the heat, or too much rain. Oregon, California, . ? You all there. ?

The start..

View attachment 327943
Yep I'm here ?. I was trying to watch a movie but got nosey ?. I can't resist TFO for long. Especially the CDR ? cool you're working with cedar again.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Then THATS what it is then, my sweetheart.
A sunflower.
It’s yellow
It’s tall.....
And it’s pretty.
Maybe it’s a “dwarf sunflower” though? ?
Nevertheless, gorgeous! Just gorgeous...
Yea it's like a dwarf sunflower. I was wondering how big the black oil sunflowers are. I'm not sure what grew but something did. Maybe others too that looks like weeds. I don't want to pull them until I'm sure they aren't free bird seed ? My main flower bed is weeds ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

The start..

View attachment 327943

Are you ok?
An EARTHQUAKE?
In Maryland?????
Wow!!?!??!?!
Here in NJ it’s hot.?
Not much else going on....
Except,
My tort is hibernating in a tub...
My family has gone on vacation in different directions from each other ?....
My husband went to our house upstate for the weekend leaving me alone...
And my poor older neighbor (91yrs.old she is a sweetheart!) had an ambulance at her house at 11:30pm last night.
Turns out she fell! Broke something...
She is in the hospital till God knows when
(and they might ship her to therapy after that)... I will look after her house and cat and we already mowed all of her lawn days ago...
I am so sad that she lives alone. It must be so scary to be home alone- fall and break something-and have no one to call 911 for you.
Soooo..... I think I’m sitting still for fear of what might happen next?? ???

Jan A

Boulder, CO
All ok here. Just tryin' to stay cool. I'm wondering what caused the apartment building in Florida to collapse killing so many people. Terrible, terrible occurrance!
Some allegations that the complex has been sinking the last few years since it was built on a former swamp 40 yrs ago. A new building is going in across the street & the navy made a 3.39 size earthquake seismic event with artillery practice not too far away a couple of weeks ago.

Awful, awful stuff. Hope they find more survivors & not more dead.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yea it's like a dwarf sunflower. I was wondering how big the black oil sunflowers are. I'm not sure what grew but something did. Maybe others too that looks like weeds. I don't want to pull them until I'm sure they aren't free bird seed ? My main flower bed is weeds ?

Hey.. ya know...?
Some “weeds” produce some of the most beautiful flowers.!
Don’t knock weeds just yet..
See what colors they bring before you make them mulch.
Also, they are considered the most beautiful flowers in the world........
to people who live in an apartment ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Are you ok?
An EARTHQUAKE?
In Maryland?????
Wow!!?!??!?!
Here in NJ it’s hot.?
Not much else going on....
Except,
My tort is hibernating in a tub...
My family has gone on vacation in different directions from each other ?....
My husband went to our house upstate for the weekend leaving me alone...
And my poor older neighbor (91yrs.old she is a sweetheart!) had an ambulance at her house at 11:30pm last night.
Turns out she fell! Broke something...
She is in the hospital till God knows when
(and they might ship her to therapy after that)... I will look after her house and cat and we already mowed all of her lawn days ago...
I am so sad that she lives alone. It must be so scary to be home alone- fall and break something-and have no one to call 911 for you.
Soooo..... I think I’m sitting still for fear of what might happen next?? ???
Hubby should be taking care of Sally & you go wherever you want to go....but Sally is probably better off with you.

Hubby & I are exhausted & hot. I rarely used car air conditioning in Colorado but you have no choice in Oklahoma.

I worked in Oklahoma City 3 decades ago. There's a reason why you have underground tunnels downtown that go from building to building, heated in winter & air conditioned in summer.

So I guess i'm on permanent vacation in Oklahoma. Yeehaw!! The pool doesn't get started until December.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hubby should be taking care of Sally & you go wherever you want to go....but Sally is probably better off with you.

Hubby & I are exhausted & hot. I rarely used car air conditioning in Colorado but you have no choice in Oklahoma.

I worked in Oklahoma City 3 decades ago. There's a reason why you have underground tunnels downtown that go from building to building, heated in winter & air conditioned in summer.

So I guess i'm on permanent vacation in Oklahoma. Yeehaw!! The pool doesn't get started until December.

Poor soul.... it must be 198 degrees in the shade.
From what I’ve seen (on tv) even the NAME Oklahoma sounds HOT! ?
But at least you have nice neighbors now, no?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Looks nasty Ray.
In the event it is blood clot (hopefully not) can't they remove it?
You've had more than your fair share of problems lately and I hope it soon calms down for you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

The start..

View attachment 327943
The earthquake hasn't made our news but the Florida collapse has.
Hope no damage done in Md but it looks really bad in Miami. Terrble thing to happen.