COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Our emissions are tested as part of the annual MOT test - if you don't pass that, you don't get the certificate you need for road tax; no tax = big fine or even car clamped and impounded and even bigger fee to get it back. There may even be points added to you driving license.
There is a big problem in Wales at the moment (if not the UK) with theft of catalytic converters from the exhausts of cars. They are after the precious metals in them and older cars apparently have more than new so even they are not immune.
The thieves target car parks, driveways or wll even just jack a car up on the roadside. Most people passing by would just think somene had broken down or had a flat tyre and wouldn't question it. The first the driver knows about it is when he starts the engine.
I can't believe how brazen the low life who do this are.

I saw on Twitter the other day, a guy came back to his live aboard “narrowboat” only to find out that some yahoos had attempted to steal it. They fouled the engine prop with the mooring lines....engine stopped & they bailed.

This morning, a guy in Birmingham tweeted out of the recent theft of his rare, one of a kind electric guitar. It’s so rare, makes it hard to just resell on the market.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We suffer from catalytic converter theft here in Central California too. There was a ring doorbell video on the news just last night showing a guy pulled up in his car right next to a car in the driveway, slipped under the car, cut out the converter, back into his own car and was gone in just minutes.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was wondering why the firecrackers but I suppose they're on sale for 4th July?
Hope you get some lovely humming birds.
What do you put in it to attract them?
In my state people without a license aren't allowed to set them off. They are allowed to buy them though... so it really gets bad at times. I'm mad because it's starting already and is really loud and unsafe and no law enforcement stops it. We even have a fire station on our city block. As far as the hummingbirds go I'm using 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. I hope I get some showing up. I was so excited to see one. I hope I'm not too late. I've seen one now and then in the back yard but I also have large praying mantis back there so it's not a good idea in the back yard. I've never seen a praying mantis in the front yard though.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Loud exhaust on a muscle car-as long as you send it out the back you are being polite. That throaty rumbles is the best. I am glad that somehow the west coast culture didn't suck you in and you would go on and on about your subaru with the turbo!

My girlfriend had a Subaru when we were younger and it was such an obnoxious exhaust....
I would much rather hear a Mustang or GTO...
Some flow masters or glass packs welcomed!!!
The neighbor I have now has a red Volkswagen Jetta for work.
another loud obnoxious muffler that isn’t interesting ....but annoying. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
We were up early to get my truck to the MVA for “emissions test” (better known as a money grabbed by the State of MD). No line at 0600 - it’s self serve... we tried earlier in the week and there were a good 20 cars. Thats about a two hour wait.

Drove through the Beltsville Ag Research Center down the road from our house. Looking peaceful this hazy humid, morning.

Some Pix
View attachment 327575View attachment 327576View attachment 327577

Wow !!!!
I see cows!!!
How cool!
I only get to see cows when we go upstate for the weekend.... (many years ago)
I don’t know why but when I see an animal that is not “found in the city”
I am amazed??
Soooo cool!!
Cows, pigs, goats,chickens, lama’s,
Heck, I even get excited when I see a nice train go by!
It fascinates me!!
Thanks for those really beautiful pictures!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
In my state people without a license aren't allowed to set them off. They are allowed to buy them though... so it really gets bad at times. I'm mad because it's starting already and is really loud and unsafe and no law enforcement stops it. We even have a fire station on our city block. As far as the hummingbirds go I'm using 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. I hope I get some showing up. I was so excited to see one. I hope I'm not too late. I've seen one now and then in the back yard but I also have large praying mantis back there so it's not a good idea in the back yard. I've never seen a praying mantis in the front yard though.

My mom always told me to get “fluted plants” to attract hummingbirds..?
But it also attacks bees?? ?
Don’t know if she’s right but there....
A wee tip from me mum. ☺️
I love my mom.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My mom always told me to get “fluted plants” to attract hummingbirds..?
But it also attacks bees?? ?
Don’t know if she’s right but there....
A wee tip from me mum. ☺️
I love my mom.
Yes. I'm going to keep a close eye on the feeder and bees are one of the reasons. What's neat (if they start feeding) I'm old and usually watching. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_160206891.jpg
    IMG_20210620_160206891.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, everything is good here. The worst thing happening to me is I get nose bleeds often. Got to be the new blood thinner. So things are going pretty good with only that inconvenience. ?
I just took a break from most things going on. I found you can ignore situations but they will be waiting for you. ? Hope everyone and your families are doing fine

Opo had his 4th birthday and weigh on thurs.
Resized_20210617_122930.jpeg20210617_125428.jpg

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hello everyone, everything is good here. The worst thing happening to me is I get nose bleeds often. Got to be the new blood thinner. So things are going pretty good with only that inconvenience. ?
I just took a break from most things going on. I found you can ignore situations but they will be waiting for you. ? Hope everyone and your families are doing fine

Opo had his 4th birthday and weigh on thurs.
View attachment 327634View attachment 327635

OOOOOHHHH!!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!! ???
You go Opo!!!!
4! That’s sooo great!!!!???????????????

Happiest Birthday Opo!!!
Don’t get too big! ??