COLD DARK ROOM

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Balto. MD
I was told at my job to stop writing in cursive because the young adults couldn't read it. They couldn't count change either. They were college students. They would tell me how smart I was for doing a simple math problem in my head. I felt so sorry for them.
Here in Maryland, Baltimore County public schools do not teach cursive anymore. My grandchildren go to Catholic school in Baltimore County, they still teach cursive. Kids now a day's don't write anything. They're just texting or sending emails, and they thing they got it hard.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
When I arrived home today I spotted a bee going from clover flower to clover flower. I didn't want to take the time to get a picture because I was hoping it was a honey bee. So I got out of the car in a hurry and went over to see. Well... the bee was a small bumble bee but better than nothing.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Here in Maryland, Baltimore County public schools do not teach cursive anymore. My grandchildren go to Catholic school in Baltimore County, they still teach cursive. Kids now a day's don't write anything. They're just texting or sending emails, and they thing they got it hard.
Yes. It's really sad what's happened with education. When they are young they are being formed for the rest of their lives while they can absorb it. Even if they don't get top honors at the time, later they might understand it better because it's a part of them.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
When I arrived home today I spotted a bee going from clover flower to clover flower. I didn't want to take the time to get a picture because I was hoping it was a honey bee. So I got out of the car in a hurry and went over to see. Well... the bee was a small bumble bee but better than nothing.?
Bumblebees and solitary bees are actually more important pollinators than honey bees.

Bees have evolved to have a range of tongue lengths to suit every flower type. Honey bees cannot pollinate everything and they are outnumbered by thousands of other bee species. Which is just as well. A world with only honey bees in it would find that most food plants were not pollinated. In short… we would starve.

It is important to recognise the importance of all the other bee species and not just the commercially reared honey bees.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Bumblebees and solitary bees are actually more important pollinators than honey bees.

Bees have evolved to have a range of tongue lengths to suit every flower type. Honey bees cannot pollinate everything and they are outnumbered by thousands of other bee species. Which is just as well. A world with only honey bees in it would find that most food plants were not pollinated. In short… we would starve.

It is important to recognise the importance of all the other bee species and not just the commercially reared honey bees.
Yes. My only problem with that is we used to have so many wild honey bees but now we have none. I haven't seen any for several years. Even the bumblebees are fewer than used to be. We always used to have both in great numbers.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Birthday, Heather!!
Thank you all! Hubby took me out to eat and then we went some friend to the boats..(gambling) ! Followed with a local pub owned by friends for a game pool… I’m cheap… so I returned home with some $$$ to spare.. chicken and Tater’s in the crock pot!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thank you all! Hubby took me out to eat and then we went some friend to the boats..(gambling) ! Followed with a local pub owned by friends for a game pool… I’m cheap… so I returned home with some $$$ to spare.. chicken and Tater’s in the crock pot!
Happy Birthday Girl!! You rock!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy birthday ? but I'm really curious. I've never done chicken and tators together much less in a crock pot. It might be half way decent. I'm really looking for a different way to cook chicken lately that actually tastes good.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I will say it again,
I would be up a tree around the corner....
Down the street! ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy birthday ? but I'm really curious. I've never done chicken and tators together much less in a crock pot. It might be half way decent. I'm really looking for a different way to cook chicken lately that actually tastes good.?
Well it was mighty easy.. a couple lbs of boneless skinless breasts, a large bowl of fresh washed red potatoes whole, two cans of Cambell’s cream of mushroom with garlic.. season to taste and cook on low all day… you can eat it by itself or put it on a bun… load of options:). A low calorie meal good for all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow...
Me too!!
You had to write all the letters 5x
And in cursive AND then in capital letters!!!!!
That to me seems so normal!!!
Now a days, kids are taught right when they fall out of the womb how to use a computer.

who the heck teaches their 3 year old A COMPUTER!!???
Buttons and scrolling.....
I’d be soooo lost if I were a child. ?

Oh... and P.S.—-
You....you....YOU.. went to catholic school?? ????
Did it burst into flames when you showed up everyday?? ??

Now, THATS where all your pent up anger started... ooohhhhhh..... now I understand. ??
The Palmer Method!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well it was mighty easy.. a couple lbs of boneless skinless breasts, a large bowl of fresh washed red potatoes whole, two cans of Cambell’s cream of mushroom with garlic.. season to taste and cook on low all day… you can eat it by itself or put it on a bun… load of options:). A low calorie meal good for all.
I'm going to try it.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Pretty much a picture perfect day here today. Blue sky, cool temps, no humidity.

I met up with a kayaker friend in southern Maryland & we did some kayak exploring along a creek that leads right into the Chesapeake Bay.

Spoke with a local fisherman out angling for the invasive Snake Heads. He caught one medium size when we passed him again.

98997C7D-85F6-4308-A161-6079C4BCA2D5.jpeg7383CFFA-80BB-4660-997F-0FF0977FBF03.jpegAC54E01B-E244-485D-8959-2B0C03C9C0E9.jpeg95B883D4-953A-4403-99D3-646A1A7F171B.jpegF26CEA1D-7122-4AD1-9452-6EE3530BDA10.jpeg

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Pretty much a picture perfect day here today. Blue sky, cool temps, no humidity.

I met up with a kayaker friend in southern Maryland & we did some kayak exploring along a creek that leads right into the Chesapeake Bay.

Spoke with a local fisherman out angling for the invasive Snake Heads. He caught one medium size when we passed him again.

View attachment 327377View attachment 327378View attachment 327379View attachment 327380View attachment 327381

What I find so fascinating about all of your pictures is that ..
Here is a place I never knew existed!!!!
How wonderful......
I will never get to go there and know that such beauty is out there.
I mean .... think about it...
All the places you will never know they exist!!!
Morocco was one of them,
Zimbobway is another.. right?
Greece?
Norway
Sweden....
Sooooo many gorgeous places out there and I am only lucky to see them in your pictures and on television.
I like to watch that Ramsay chef on the National Geographic channel go all over the world to find places to learn how they cook.
I think it’s called Ramsay: uncharted?
He was just in Guyanese (Africa) and was being starred down by a hungry hippo!!!
(When are they NOT hungry?)
Anyway,
Thanks to ALL OF YOU who post pictures from places you live, work, visit on trips and well..... just anywhere!! I will never see..
Even your driveways!!!!!! ??
KEEP POSTING!!!! ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
What I find so fascinating about all of your pictures is that ..
Here is a place I never knew existed!!!!
How wonderful......
I will never get to go there and know that such beauty is out there.
I mean .... think about it...
All the places you will never know they exist!!!
Morocco was one of them,
Zimbobway is another.. right?
Greece?
Norway
Sweden....
Sooooo many gorgeous places out there and I am only lucky to see them in your pictures and on television.
I like to watch that Ramsay chef on the National Geographic channel go all over the world to find places to learn how they cook.
I think it’s called Ramsay: uncharted?
He was just in Guyanese (Africa) and was being starred down by a hungry hippo!!!
(When are they NOT hungry?)
Anyway,
Thanks to ALL OF YOU who post pictures from places you live, work, visit on trips and well..... just anywhere!! I will never see..
Even your driveways!!!!!! ??
KEEP POSTING!!!! ?

Glad that you enjoy!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Finally. Year after year after year, the deer stroll through our gardens at the right time and nip all the flower buds & leaves. It’s been many years since we enjoyed our Lilies. The deer are about, but luckily other food sources.

ive installed a few motion detector LED lights that are VERY bright near the garden beds. Who knows, they might have worked.

The Lilly
102E9767-3134-48A5-BA97-E81D0F9B9990.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Finally. Year after year after year, the deer stroll through our gardens at the right time and nip all the flower buds & leaves. It’s been many years since we enjoyed our Lilies. The deer are about, but luckily other food sources.

ive installed a few motion detector LED lights that are VERY bright near the garden beds. Who knows, they might have worked.

The Lilly
View attachment 327432
That’s absolutely stunning!!! Lillies are my favorite… Calla’s, stargazers, etc.. I have an Asiatic that came back this year after the big freeze.. I had forgotten that it was out there and was going to plant something in the pot this year. When I emptied the old soil, I found the bulb.. I couldn’t remember what it was but I could tell it still had life so I replanted it in a pig planter ( of all things) in Torettos garden… it’s now a beautiful splash of flame..

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

The Lilly
View attachment 327432
I feed my day lillies to my tortoises...I don't like them and I have 3 big bushes, yellow or orange...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Omg OMG OMG... I just saw a hummingbird in my front yard! I think it might be the scent from the crabapple tree that's drawing it. It happened so quickly I couldn't get a picture. It was checking out one of my windchimes. I've got to do something quickly because I've never seen them in the front yard before.????? I'm ecstatic!