COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Some very large thunderstorms rolled through here late last night. A ton of rain, thunder & lightening. Lots of downed limbs & trees. One house near DC was struck by lightening - burnt down.

I got out early to enjoy the calm after the storm.

Nice Calm Start
View attachment 327214

What I See
View attachment 327216
What the Camera Sees
View attachment 327215
Oh man! I saw an Eagle close-up in Colorado when I pulled to the shoulder for something and right where I stopped my truck window was an Eagle on the fence post. Then a few miles and a sign"watch for Eagles on hiway"! prolly read 'roadway not hiway'

Hey...you guys know the icon bar that runs across the top of a comment? Bold and Size and all that? Mine don't work. I can click and be patient, but no luck. Yours?
Mary is freakin so happy that it's grape leaf season, and mine are growing nicely. And all my Rose of Sharon sticks, bushes and trees are forming buds. But no camera so no pictures :(
100_4170.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello Marco2Bear, like the looks of your garden and your Banana Tree. I took your advice and bought a Hardy Banana tree, have a guestion. Since I transplanted my tree into a larger pot, I've noticed some new growth coming from around the sides of the bigger plant. Do you thing its possible to transplant the newer plants into their own pots once they get a little bigger, or should I just let them grow together.

Hey Warren, great to see those new “pups” growing like that. A good sign that your plant liked the new digs.

So, I did a few searches to confirm my thoughts.....and it’s best to wait until they are larger. What you might want to do is move the whole plant, pups and all, into a larger pot. It will give them all some room to expand their roots & spread out.

Key Point & The Source

➡️➡️ The first and most important step is to select a pup that is large enough to survive when separated from the mother plant. Small pups, known as buttons, won’t have sufficient roots to make it on their own. Don’t attempt to propagate pups less than 12 inches (30 cm.) tall. Shoots measuring 2 to 3 feet (61-91 cm.) tall and a minimum of 2 or 3 inches (5-8 cm.) in diameter are more likely to develop into healthy plants.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Dividing Banana Pups – Can You Transplant A Banana Tree Pup https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/banana/dividing-banana-pups.htm

Good luck

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Oh man! I saw an Eagle close-up in Colorado when I pulled to the shoulder for something and right where I stopped my truck window was an Eagle on the fence post. Then a few miles and a sign"watch for Eagles on hiway"! prolly read 'roadway not hiway'

Hey...you guys know the icon bar that runs across the top of a comment? Bold and Size and all that? Mine don't work. I can click and be patient, but no luck. Yours?
Mary is freakin so happy that it's grape leaf season, and mine are growing nicely. And all my Rose of Sharon sticks, bushes and trees are forming buds. But no camera so no pictures :(
View attachment 327284

Yes...Eagles make anyone into a bird watcher.

The font thing..... I first use my finger & highlight the text, then SELECT, then choose the Bold. The bit up top hasn't worked for me following one of the upgrades.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hey Warren, great to see those new “pups” growing like that. A good sign that your plant liked the new digs.

So, I did a few searches to confirm my thoughts.....and it’s best to wait until they are larger. What you might want to do is move the whole plant, pups and all, into a larger pot. It will give them all some room to expand their roots & spread out.

Key Point & The Source

➡️➡️ The first and most important step is to select a pup that is large enough to survive when separated from the mother plant. Small pups, known as buttons, won’t have sufficient roots to make it on their own. Don’t attempt to propagate pups less than 12 inches (30 cm.) tall. Shoots measuring 2 to 3 feet (61-91 cm.) tall and a minimum of 2 or 3 inches (5-8 cm.) in diameter are more likely to develop into healthy plants.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Dividing Banana Pups – Can You Transplant A Banana Tree Pup https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/banana/dividing-banana-pups.htm

Good luck
Thank you for that information, I may just transplant them in a larger pot later today to allow then more room to grow before I separate any of them. Thanks again

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

The font thing..... I first use my finger & highlight the text, then SELECT, then choose the Bold. The bit up top hasn't worked for me following one of the upgrades.
I don't have a Smartphone, I use a computer and I highlight, but I don't see a select. I'm pretty computer dumb...I use a Linux based system...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

View attachment 327284
Over to the right of that "icon bar" look for the square that looks like a square set of parentheses put together. Just click on that

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I don't have a Smartphone, I use a computer and I highlight, but I don't see a select. I'm pretty computer dumb...I use a Linux based system...

If you cannot find the select button
Maybe try the enter button?
Sorry Maggie, I don’t know how to explains computers.... and I am from YOUR era..
But I try to keep up on the new tech stuff so kids don’t think I’m dumb. ?
I probably guess at most of it; it’s just that I happen to be right. ?
So it LOOLS like I know what I’m doing..
I cannot stand computers!!!!!! ?
Remember when we had to WRITE STUFF DOWN!???
We would worry about our spelling
(Which my dad would tell me to go look up)
And in high school we were taught “shorthand”!!!!!!
I know....I know..... ???

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry Maggie, I don’t know how to explains computers.... and I am from YOUR era..
I was taught cursive in the 1st grade at Catholic school. Not many people use cursive anymore

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

Im guessing you have to be in edit/write mode....but,
here i am typing out texting texting, but then want to BOLD one of the words. I put the cursor at the word(s) i want to bolden.

Probably works a bit differently on your computer.

Here You Can See the SELECT or SELECT ALL option

14AB4374-F61E-4A0D-955E-D000548DEFF5.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

I just type out the code myself. The letters in the square brackets can be in upper or lower case; it doesn’t matter.

Code:
[b]This text appears in bold[/b]

[u]This text appears underlined[/u]

[i]This text appears in italics[/i]

[s]This text is struck through (crossed out)[/s]
This text appears in bold

This text appears underlined

This text appears in italics

This text is struck through (crossed out)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I just type out the code myself. The letters in the square brackets can be in upper or lower case; it doesn’t matter.

Code:
[b]This text appears in bold[/b]

[u]This text appears underlined[/u]

[i]This text appears in italics[/i]

[s]This text is struck through (crossed out)[/s]
This text appears in bold

This text appears underlined

This text appears in italics

This text is struck through (crossed out)
And you can nest the codes so
Code:
[b][u][i]This text is bold, underlined italic![/i][/u][/b]
This text is bold, underlined italic!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I was taught cursive in the 1st grade at Catholic school. Not many people use cursive anymore

Wow...
Me too!!
You had to write all the letters 5x
And in cursive AND then in capital letters!!!!!
That to me seems so normal!!!
Now a days, kids are taught right when they fall out of the womb how to use a computer.

who the heck teaches their 3 year old A COMPUTER!!???
Buttons and scrolling.....
I’d be soooo lost if I were a child. ?

Oh... and P.S.—-
You....you....YOU.. went to catholic school?? ????
Did it burst into flames when you showed up everyday?? ??

Now, THATS where all your pent up anger started... ooohhhhhh..... now I understand. ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My problem with computers is, by the time I get it done, I can't remember how I did it.? Then once I figure it out, they change everything. I love/hate them.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow...
Me too!!
You had to write all the letters 5x
And in cursive AND then in capital letters!!!!!
That to me seems so normal!!!
Now a days, kids are taught right when they fall out of the womb how to use a computer.

who the heck teaches their 3 year old A COMPUTER!!???
Buttons and scrolling.....
I’d be soooo lost if I were a child. ?

Oh... and P.S.—-
You....you....YOU.. went to catholic school?? ????
Did it burst into flames when you showed up everyday?? ??

Now, THATS where all your pent up anger started... ooohhhhhh..... now I understand. ??
I was told at my job to stop writing in cursive because the young adults couldn't read it. They couldn't count change either. They were college students. They would tell me how smart I was for doing a simple math problem in my head. I felt so sorry for them.