COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good afternoon/morning all.
Another sunny and warm day here.
Lola has really enjoyed basking but still likes to come in regularly to check on his room.
Maybe he's worried another tort will move in while he's out.
Enjoy your Tuesday.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
ok.. your gonna laugh at me.. son and I were planning to slide the kayaks in and see if they would follow us ?...
When my son's were young we had a white duck.( Captain Bob)My son's would have to sneak out on the lake in the row boat. If Captain Bob saw them, he would chase them in the lake until he caught up to them. They would help him in the boat and he would sit at the bow and quack the whole time. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have many memories as a child collecting the “sheds” from them and terrorizing my sister. I enjoyed the locusts ( I know this is not the proper name for them but it’s what we have always grown up referring to them) and have been watching for them.. have not sighted one yet:-(
That's what we always called them too. But these guys are special. They are the 17 year ones. This will be my third time of seeing them.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

We had a lovely long weekend up with Mum. My sister and her partner joined us for Sunday lunch. We drove home on Monday and stopped about half way to meet a friend from my schooldays and her husband for lunch. It was lovely.

I was up early this morning to do a long shift at the rescue and will be doing the same tomorrow and Thursday. It’s extremely busy and, because it’s the half term holiday for schools, we are short of volunteers who are with their children.

It has been really warm today. My car said 27C (80F) - warmest day of the year.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Made one of my crazy kayaking trips today. Up early, drove 2.5 hours (120 miles) kayaked for about 4 hours then drove back home.

5 hours driving, 240 miles, 4 hours kayaking just under 10 miles.

Met a kayaking friend all the way over near Ocean City where we kayaked waters that make up the Assawoman Wildlife Area (Delaware).

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Made one of my crazy kayaking trips today. Up early, drove 2.5 hours (120 miles) kayaked for about 4 hours then drove back home.

Met a kayaking friend all the way over near Ocean City where we kayaked waters that make up the Assawoman Wildlife Area (Delaware).

Exploring the Refuge
2CD0B0DA-8824-441E-9275-93E9F047F45F.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yes I agree, I am glad I didn't sell my boat. It gives my son's and grandchildren pleasure, plus when I am up there. I can still fish.
My dad had bought a brand new Tracker V hull for gulf fishing 3 years ago.. he absolutely LOVED that boat and we have 2 yrs of memories on it.. now that he’s gone, it’s mine.. I am educating myself on all the bells and whistles and I’ll never be able to sell it.. we are taking it on the “annual fishing trip” back to the same place, and the same fishing cabin this year.. My birthday is always close to Father’s Day and that’s usually when we go but i booked it in July this year.. it will be hard no matter what but I feel that it’s really important!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I can’t help this.. but “ASSAWOMAN” ???

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I found out today that one of the opuntia that I grow can survive Minnesota winters. There are 3 sisters that at least one of them visit Colonial Beach every year. One of the 3 came by today so her daughter could meet Walker and mentioned that the cactus that one of them took home several years ago is still growing in Faribault Minnesota. I'm not sure which plants they took home that year so I'm supposed to get a pic and hopefully can identify it. If it can survive a Minnesota winter it maybe could live just about anywhere.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My dad had bought a brand new Tracker V hull for gulf fishing 3 years ago.. he absolutely LOVED that boat and we have 2 yrs of memories on it.. now that he’s gone, it’s mine.. I am educating myself on all the bells and whistles and I’ll never be able to sell it.. we are taking it on the “annual fishing trip” back to the same place, and the same fishing cabin this year.. My birthday is always close to Father’s Day and that’s usually when we go but i booked it in July this year.. it will be hard no matter what but I feel that it’s really important!
Those Tracker V-hulls are nice. I look at them with envy whenever I go to Bass pro. I can see the importance, for the memories and to make more great memories.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Those V hulls are so much better than the bass boats. Of course you have a deeper draft so your limited in the shallows but your stability is off the charts. In a 16' V hull on the James River a friend and I were on the river with a container ship came through. It was a smaller one, but still had a 20' draft. It was like riding a bronco, but that boat fought it. Your dad bought a boat for the long haul! Enjoy

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all,
It's still very warm but quite cloudy here today and there may be a drop of rain later.
I don't mind that and the wildlife needs it.
It also keeps the hills damp - with the kids being off school this week and some teenagers up to all sorts of mischief, hill fires are a real risk.
Lola is looking for breakfast so I'd better go and see to his lordship.
Have a good day!