COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Every morning at about 0600, while I wait for the coffee to finish brewing, I go out on the front porch to water plants, fill fountains. Today, after this 5 minute routine I spotted a little movement in the very wet dogwood. Then I spotted the cutest little Black-Throated Green Warbler hopping all about & bathing in the wet leaves. very cute

Just a few mins ago on the way back from the Home Remodel House...I spotted a nice large wild turkey. Taking a big ol’ dust bath in the recently plowed, but very dry, fields.

All kinds of things out there.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
House Rehab Update...now we are cooking. Today we had the final finishing “touchups” & walk through with our General Contractor. New roof, new windows, everything including the garage painted. All new carpeting in all the rooms upstairs. We’re now putting in all the new matching light fixtures, door hardware. Kitchen cabinetry will soon all have a fresh coat of paint & new hardware. Brand new “smart” double oven is in, as is a new cooktop. Brand new fridge is in place, just waiting for final placement of the new microwave. We removed a nice sized in-situ butcher block counter to refinish here at home then put back in place.

We dismantled the old dilapidated looking shed & had all it hauled away. New siding put on the garage side of the house. Back deck updated & stained.

Lastly, some final landscaping, trimming & mulching. Then we’re ready to list it & sell.

A Quick Snap
B818B1A5-38A1-4F90-9AB8-4B91322C7845.jpeg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
When I first got interested in tortoises I bought a new turtle/tortoise T-shirt every time I saw one I didn't have.
When I first got interested in tortoises I bought a new turtle/tortoise T-shirt every time I saw one I didn't have.
I am that way about Dale Earnhardt t-shirts...but I meant the wearing them in order????? What kind of order? Oldest first? Aldab,Galop,Radiated, Redfoot, Sulcata? What? lol...Atlanta, Bristol, Darlington, Daytona, 'dega?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
House Rehab Update...now we are cooking. Today we had the final finishing “touchups” & walk through with our General Contractor. New roof, new windows, everything including the garage painted. All new carpeting in all the rooms upstairs. We’re now putting in all the new matching light fixtures, door hardware. Kitchen cabinetry will soon all have a fresh coat of paint & new hardware. Brand new “smart” double oven is in, as is a new cooktop. Brand new fridge is in place, just waiting for final placement of the new microwave. We removed a nice sized in-situ butcher block counter to refinish here at home then put back in place.

We dismantled the old dilapidated looking shed & had all it hauled away. New siding put on the garage side of the house. Back deck updated & stained.

Lastly, some final landscaping, trimming & mulching. Then we’re ready to list it & sell.

A Quick Snap
View attachment 325011
Do I know where you are going? If it's private, never mind

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Every morning at about 0600, while I wait for the coffee to finish brewing, I go out on the front porch to water plants, fill fountains. Today, after this 5 minute routine I spotted a little movement in the very wet dogwood. Then I spotted the cutest little Black-Throated Green Warbler hopping all about & bathing in the wet leaves. very cute

Just a few mins ago on the way back from the Home Remodel House...I spotted a nice large wild turkey. Taking a big ol’ dust bath in the recently plowed, but very dry, fields.

All kinds of things out there.
I spied a wood duck with a slew of babies coming out of the marsh.. no pics yet

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

A Quick Snap
View attachment 325011
That shouldn't take long to sell now. It's a lovely house.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am that way about Dale Earnhardt t-shirts...but I meant the wearing them in order????? What kind of order? Oldest first? Aldab,Galop,Radiated, Redfoot, Sulcata? What? lol...Atlanta, Bristol, Darlington, Daytona, 'dega?
They 're hanging in the closet by color. Depending on what color bottoms I'm wearing I grab the coordinating color from the right side of the grouping. I hang up freshly laundered on the left side of the grouping.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Wonder what our @Tom has to say about using dogs to hunt/seek/find Ornate Box Turtles in order to survey their numbere.

I wonder if collecting, moving these guys about in order to conduct bio tests hinders them. Is the science good or bad?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Wonder what our @Tom has to say about using dogs to hunt/seek/find Ornate Box Turtles in order to survey their numbere.

I wonder if collecting, moving these guys about in order to conduct bio tests hinders them. Is the science good or bad?
Considering they are T ornata ornata they are stressed relatively easily and are kinda hard to keep. I have had some success with them.
Oh, and my neighbor and friend has a mini Australian Shepherd, I have used her, Penny, to find 3 different sorta lost Sulcata she found all 3, and she found a Russian I usta have . She is not trained to do this, she is actually smarter than her owner...lol
100_7627.JPG
She spends her days outside and her nights in there. She is missing a leg, she is in a 100 gallon tank, too heavy for me to move, so you are seeing spider webs between the glass and the wall...I hang my head in the Housekeepers Hall of Shame..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

I'm all for finding and studying them, but what they are doing is way overboard in my opinion. The dogs should not be retrieving them. The dogs should be trained to indicate a find without touching it, either with a sit or a down. This is what we do for explosives detection. Don't want the dogs grabbing bombs and running around with them, do we?. Its easy to train that way.

Then sticking the turtle in pencil cases and toting them around in back packs? Again, no. Weigh, measure, collect samples, and then release them right back where you found them a few minutes later.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Do I know where you are going? If it's private, never mind

This is our first house that we have had for a few years now as a rental. When we went overseas for a few years we rented it out. When we came back home to the US we kept as a rental, bought a newer house.

So...not going anywhere yet. Florida WAS on the short list.

Jan A

Boulder, CO

A Quick Snap
View attachment 325011
I have a feeling you'll recoup & then some. Good for you & your wife!! You've earned it!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. Yesterday’s postcards…

In the morning we walked from a place where our native Red Squirrels have a stronghold. They are SO cute! ? They are also endangered because North American grey squirrels brought over a couple of hundred years ago have forced them out
5E2D5BE6-97C7-4FF4-9A1B-118E1AECD33C.jpeg341ECEC1-3636-4659-BAE6-B49DFC33E900.jpeg84812986-62E5-4CE6-93FF-2B16A74E394C.jpeg

A ewe showing off the finest horns
94E719D4-CE89-4B74-AC1C-2A0042D08E69.jpeg

F09F2AB9-2A18-47E8-AE36-D5593FB15C49.jpeg

D1B1B2EF-4288-4F97-A783-A7CC1792C2A9.jpeg
In the aft
A605ABBF-B924-4F8E-8C6E-0D5E78C130CA.jpeg
and the Ribblehead Viaduct which featured in the Harry Potter films @Blackdog1714
461E8F31-9841-49B3-85C2-9E9A552B77CC.jpeg