COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Thatʻs why my husband has 16 hammers, 7 tape measures..... ?
My son says it ridiculous that his mom has better tools than him. He'll come by to help me do something and say I need this or that. I get mad cause then I gotta find it. He knows what I have better than me.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ain't that how it happens! I do that even in my house with tools. Can't find them when I need them. So I'll buy another and then can't find either one. So I'll put it somewhere safe if I run across it and forget where that safe place is. ?
I do that also. I know I have the tool I am looking for. I make a feeble attempt to look for it. Then I just buy another one.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I love duck boots but the way the lower part of our yard has been lately is crazy. I've had to go with knee-high galoshes.?
Yes, I understand that! For any serious chores, I too have to go with the full boot.. but the duck boots are perfect for normal wear on rainy days.. comfy too!

Last edited:

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Good evening Alles,

Cooler weather, coupled with some recent rain, has encouraged our perennial gardens & lawns to come into their own. On our way out the door this morning to work on the Rehab House, we snapped a pix of the front garden area.

Springtime - Maryland

View attachment 324946
Wow! Absolutely beautiful!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes, I understand that! For an serious chores I too have to go with the full boot.. but the duck boots are perfect for normal wear on rainy days.. comfy too!
That used to be the same around here. But the last 3 or 4 years it's been different. Even though we live on the edge of a flood plain it didn't flood. It was called a hundred year flood the first time. Now if we get heavy rain we get a 6" deep or more pond.?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
These footpaths are ancient rights of way… hundreds, if not thousands, of years old. They were there long before most of the properties! They’re carefully mapped, marked and signed. Landowners are not allowed to block footpaths by law. They can put a privacy fence either side of one if they wish, subject to local planning law which is difficult in a National Park like this, but the route may not be moved except by legal application to do so.
IMHAO, there is nothing wrong with preserving historical sites, especially when they've been there for centuries.

I get so tired of people who ruin trails & the like for their own selfish enjoyment. You can't believe the damage done to mountain trails on Boulder County property in the winters by people insisting on hiking or biking on muddy or snow-packed trails.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I've always worried about dropping it out of my ear into the toilet as it flushes, dropping it into the garbage disposal, etc. but it never occurred to me to be careful of device stealing branches!
Well if it did go thru one of your torts, I hope you clean it before you're tempted to put it back in your ear, even if it's missing pieces!!