COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I'm not an expert but to me it looks like an injury and probably from a long time ago. Maybe even as a baby. Maybe lately. When I first got Sapphire, he had holes in the top of his shell but his looked like bad nutrition. All but one little sliver has healed over. You can still see a little sliver of hard white though and I've seen the colored part completely closed. So I think it will eventually heal completely. I hope I'm making sense in comparing the two. Can any animals get to him now? Since the time you've had him? If not then it's probably old and maybe healing. But since he's growing it's showing. That's just my opinion. Others are more experienced take their advice.
Dogs would definitely be out of the question unless they jumped a 5' fence. The bottom of the fence is buried about 16 inches into the ground. But there are raccoons, cats and even Bobcats. I have never seen evidence of them and at night Opo is in his hide on the screened in porch.
Thanks Cathie

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ok I posted these pics on another thread but didn't get many eyes.
These holes in Opo's carapace have me worried. They seem to get bigger as he grows. They are about a 1/8" deep. It is solid at the bottom, no drainage or smell.
If you look at the holes it kind of looks like scratch marks leaving the hole. 2 weeks ago they were half the size now. View attachment 324611
That's strange.
Have you tried tagging Zenherper or Zovik? They might know what that is.
It's good there's nothing leaking but concerning that they're getting bigger.
I hope you get answers from someone soon.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Proud Mum moment. My son is a digital visual designer (design for websites and apps and stuff like that) and has won a Rising Star award from the British Interactive Media Association this evening ?
Congratulations to JoesBro!!
He'll be being headhunted by some big companies in time!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes it's hard to tell what to do. I could have had a pet robin. It was really tempting. I was just saying that because if you have an area similar to the air conditioner just stick them close. It's better if it's close and they know how they went in. Maybe. I'm pretty sure my Robin wound up laying eggs though where I could just look into the nest and take some pictures. I didn't even have to stand on my tiptoes?. It was a dumb place to build a nest for a Robin. I hope the little ones made it. I did get some bad pictures but I also got to see them up close and personal.?
I had a pet sparrow for 7 years , He was one of 3 I reared after a nest was accidentally knocked down in school. Two of them were strong and were released but the 3rd was the runt so I had to keep him longer and he ended up living in the house. He would come and sit on my shoulder to snuggle in my hair or make himself comfy in the crook of my arm while I was watching tv. he would even try to pinch my food. I also reared a chaffinch that I released in my garden but every time I went out he would fly down to me or sit on the washing line when I was pegging out clothes. If he could see me at a window he would tap on it until I opened it. Birds are more intelligent that we think.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It started off sunny but has clouded over now.
It is still so blooming cold though!
We have heavy rain on the way for tomorrow but that's welcome, to make up for the dry April we had.
Hope you all have a good Friday.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That's strange.
Have you tried tagging Zenherper or Zovik? They might know what that is.
It's good there's nothing leaking but concerning that they're getting bigger.
I hope you get answers from someone soon.
I did thanks Lyn, Yvonne's reply got me thinking it maybe happened when Opo dug under the shed. I will be checking for nails or screws today.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sapphire is doing halfway decent even after the amputation of his too long beak. His Achilles heel is zucchini so I gave him a little chunk. It's the best way to give him his supplement so he got that too. I hope it's warm enough tomorrow to take him outside so I can butter him up a little more ??he's been pouting today kinda ?
That's great to hear. I can't remember, was this a new vet you went to?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello ? I'm so happy to not see you but see you. How you doing with your little people and school issues? I've been wondering how you are.? I'm doing... Sapphire got a beak trim yesterday from his first vet. I'm on top of the world ? she was good. I now have TFO and second a good vet ?
Oops, should have read a little deeper into the posts. I got my answer to my question on the other reply. ?
I need to catch up. I have been a little off since the fishing trip. Glad Sapphire is good and your happy with the vet.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I’m doing ok ish I guess. I’ve had a lot going on. To much to handle and took time away from here. I’m not going to go into details but I got into a really dark place. But I’m doing better.
Awww poor sapphire bet he wasn’t impressed bless him. How is he doing?
Im so glad your ok. And I’m happy to be back ❤️?
Glad you're back. I go to those dark places also. It's always great when I pop out the other side.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m doing ok ish I guess. I’ve had a lot going on. To much to handle and took time away from here. I’m not going to go into details but I got into a really dark place. But I’m doing better.
Awww poor sapphire bet he wasn’t impressed bless him. How is he doing?
Im so glad your ok. And I’m happy to be back ❤️?
Sapphire is doing halfway decent considering. Not only was it his first vet visit, it was his first time in almost 14 years of being in a pet carrier so I'm sure he's still a little stressed. Thank God she was good and just a few blocks from my house. I was almost as stressed as him. It was so much better than I expected. And a big plus he bombed her and she got a really good ? sample ?