COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good day here to get sun also! I got up this morning and did my Sunday cleaning, vacuuming, Lysol, laundry, etc... then outdoors to shovel poop.. the loads from 3 sullies is getting large! A bit of weed eating, and critter tending all around. Now I’m sitting in the new critter pen doing some bonding with my birds and rabbits:)
I was wondering how old your rabbits are. In the first pictures they looked older than the last pictures. Razberri is still hanging out around my feet and driving me nuts. I could fix all that and fix her but... she's a mini lop and healthy. I enjoy dancing with her too ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well... praying for your pain ? what kinda fish are you trying to catch??
There are numerous types we are targeting. On the way out to the fishing grounds. We will slow down a little to troll some lures. We will be looking for Maui Maui, Wahoo, Marlin,Tuna and sail and swordfish. Once we anchor on a reef or a wreck. We will targeting many different species of snapper, groupers,amberjack and many other species. Also at night we will try and catch some bait fish. The best bait fish would be google eyes, ballyhoo and pilchard. The pilchard is a type of sardine.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There are numerous types we are targeting. On the way out to the fishing grounds. We will slow down a little to troll some lures. We will be looking for Maui Maui, Wahoo, Marlin,Tuna and sail and swordfish. Once we anchor on a reef or a wreck. We will targeting many different species of snapper, groupers,amberjack and many other species. Also at night we will try and catch some bait fish. The best bait fish would be google eyes, ballyhoo and pilchard. The pilchard is a type of sardine.
I think of all that type of edible fish, my favorite would be snapper. I'll pray for no pain and all the perfect bait ? along with beautiful weather.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I was wondering how old your rabbits are. In the first pictures they looked older than the last pictures. Razberri is still hanging out around my feet and driving me nuts. I could fix all that and fix her but... she's a mini lop and healthy. I enjoy dancing with her too ?
I was told that they are both Juveniles. About 4 months old I think For the California and the Champagne De Argent only 3

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I think of all that type of edible fish, my favorite would be snapper. I'll pray for no pain and all the perfect bait ? along with beautiful weather.?
Thank you Cathie, snapper are very good eating. That's what I like about ocean fish. There are so many different types, that are great eating.
My son's brought me spicy tuna fish tacos back to the room for dinner.
They were great tasting. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning all, well of course I had a sleepless night. A little pain and a whole lot of excitement. ?
Will be at the boat at 1 pm and set sail by 2. A 3 hour run out to the fishing grounds. Then lines in the water. Don't know when I will get much sleep. Because we can fish anytime we want. Hopefully I can get a little sleep in between when the fishing slows down.
Talk to you all sometime on weds evening, unless I pay for another day of fishing. ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Goodmorning all, well of course I had a sleepless night. A little pain and a whole lot of excitement. ?
Will be at the boat at 1 pm and set sail by 2. A 3 hour run out to the fishing grounds. Then lines in the water. Don't know when I will get much sleep. Because we can fish anytime we want. Hopefully I can get a little sleep in between when the fishing slows down.
Talk to you all sometime on weds evening, unless I pay for another day of fishing. ?
Good luck Ray! I hope the fish are plentiful!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Good luck Team Ray! May the fish be large, hungry & eager to jump in the boat. Have fun. ??

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
And another happy California tort keeper reports “tortoise up” !

View attachment 323906
Omg! He is beautiful. My very favorite tortoise species, they are so mellow and curious and easy to keep. They look so regal I love their faces. They are a protected species so it is illegal to take them out of California so now in Oregon I can't keep them now, but here is my favorite guy Abscess Nose... he was positive for mycoplasma. The disease presents itself as a respiratory infection, for years he was treated with different supplements and antibiotics and several times a day I had to clean out his nares so he could breathe. For freakin years he was the most important to care for. First I had to soak him so the crud in his nose softened so I could pick that away then I used one of those bulb things to suck out the snot. (Couldn't do that to Sulcata!) but he didn't know he was sick. He roamed around and ate good and basked in the sun.. Because of all the stuff I had to do for him his face got kind of distorted... he was still growing when all that started. Anyway, here is Abscess Nose
100_7314.JPG
100_7320.JPG

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning
Hope all is well with everyone.
Warm in the sun here but quite chilly out if it.
I've been doing some tidying up in the garden, then Lola came to sit with me (or rather he stretched out in a sunny spot ) so he's had a good dose of uvb today.
A quiet evening is on the cards for me.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was told that they are both Juveniles. About 4 months old I think For the California and the Champagne De Argent only 3
Well... I started trying to get females with QueSi and Razberri because puberty with boys is a fight to the finish. They like you too much ? and must be neutered. Unless you don't mind getting peed on.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Omg! He is beautiful. My very favorite tortoise species, they are so mellow and curious and easy to keep. They look so regal I love their faces. They are a protected species so it is illegal to take them out of California so now in Oregon I can't keep them now, but here is my favorite guy Abscess Nose... he was positive for mycoplasma. The disease presents itself as a respiratory infection, for years he was treated with different supplements and antibiotics and several times a day I had to clean out his nares so he could breathe. For freakin years he was the most important to care for. First I had to soak him so the crud in his nose softened so I could pick that away then I used one of those bulb things to suck out the snot. (Couldn't do that to Sulcata!) but he didn't know he was sick. He roamed around and ate good and basked in the sun.. Because of all the stuff I had to do for him his face got kind of distorted... he was still growing when all that started. Anyway, here is Abscess Nose
View attachment 323907
View attachment 323908
How do they come out of all their troubles still being so cute ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/morning
Hope all is well with everyone.
Warm in the sun here but quite chilly out if it.
I've been doing some tidying up in the garden, then Lola came to sit with me (or rather he stretched out in a sunny spot ) so he's had a good dose of uvb today.
A quiet evening is on the cards for me.
Sapphire went out today and I always check on him. Well... I couldn't find him in his enclosure that I KNOW he can't get out of!IMG_20210426_112511494_HDR.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There is a new member from South Africa, Capetown called Messa. The name of her thread is simply New Member. She needs help and I don't have the experience to give it to her.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good luck Team Ray! May the fish be large, hungry & eager to jump in the boat. Have fun. ??
Thanks Mark, we are underway and have been traveling for about 1/2 hr. 4.5 hrs to go. The snapper were biting excellent yesterday. So we are headed to the same spot. There is a super moon tonight so the captain has a good feeling they will be spawning. He thinks we're going to have a great not.
Keeping my fingers crossed and going to take a nap. Should be the last time I have signal. So see you all in a few days.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks Mark, we are underway and have been traveling for about 1/2 hr. 4.5 hrs to go. The snapper were biting excellent yesterday. So we are headed to the same spot. There is a super moon tonight so the captain has a good feeling they will be spawning. He thinks we're going to have a great not.
Keeping my fingers crossed and going to take a nap. Should be the last time I have signal. So see you all in a few days.
Oh ? my favorite ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Throw off those sweatshirts, hoodies and flannels. The heat is on. Pushing upper 70’s today with mid 80’s by Wednesday (almost 27 C).

It’s deck sealing & staining time at This Old House. The wood is bone dry and soaking up the stain like a desert camel. It got too darn hot, but we got a good start.

It’s a good size deck, so we should be able to make more headway tomorrow & Wednesday.

4B74B3E0-2C43-4FC5-8D19-1CA10F74AFD5.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Throw off those sweatshirts, hoodies and flannels. The heat is on. Pushing upper 70’s today with mid 80’s by Wednesday (almost 27 C).

It’s deck sealing & staining time at This Old House. The wood is bone dry and soaking up the stain like a desert camel. It got too darn hot, but we got a good start.

It’s a good size deck, so we should be able to make more headway tomorrow & Wednesday.

View attachment 323943
That's a pretty deck. I like the color of the stain.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
There is a new member from South Africa, Capetown called Messa. The name of her thread is simply New Member. She needs help and I don't have the experience to give it to her.
I've tagged our Carol she's in Cape Town with angulates too - if she sees the alert and can help it may tempt her back.:)