COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Good evening all, Saturday is almost over here.
I've had a busy day washing and ironing then re hanging a few pairs of curtains - thought I may as well make the most of the good drying weather. Of course it's when you take them down you realise that the windows really need cleaning, so did that too. Spring must have arrived with all this sorting and cleaning I'm doing but I'm off to bed now, so enjoy the rest of your and I'll see you tomorrow.
Nos Da.
Either Spring has arrived, or you're 'nesting' (pregnant)!!! LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our double glazing here has to have glass in it. The panes are nit plastic. The frames are usually plastic these days as wood is expensive.

I am surprised that @Maro2Bear said they were filled with methane. That’s flammable. Surely they’d use an inert gas?
The only ones I've seen here are plastic/vinyl??.

Last edited:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey happy Sunday everyone...We have gone from glorious weather in the 80's to freakin 57 degrees and rain. It's been raining for 3 days already. Normally I go to church Sunday morning but this is a Talladega week end and the race starts in the middle of the service. So I'm staying in and watching NASCAR, one of my most favorite things to do, and Talladega is my favorite track. It's a 200 mph superspeedway.
Here's Grumpyface getting some sun. He's 7 months old now, and weighs 30 grams...I sit outside and get sun with him...100_7383.JPG100_7384.JPG100_7381.JPG

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey happy Sunday everyone...We have gone from glorious weather in the 80's to freakin 57 degrees and rain. It's been raining for 3 days already. Normally I go to church Sunday morning but this is a Talladega week end and the race starts in the middle of the service. So I'm staying in and watching NASCAR, one of my most favorite things to do, and Talladega is my favorite track. It's a 200 mph superspeedway.
Here's Grumpyface getting some sun. He's 7 months old now, and weighs 30 grams...I sit outside and get sun with him...View attachment 323854View attachment 323855View attachment 323857
I wish we could have some of your rain.
The moron season has started here with mountain fires being started.
It breaks my heart to think of the ground nesting birds and other wildlife that will have perished :(

Grumpy face is beautiful!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here's Grumpyface getting some sun. He's 7 months old now, and weighs 30 grams...I sit outside and get sun with him...View attachment 323854View attachment 323855View attachment 323857
He's awful cute.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening all, Saturday is almost over here.
I've had a busy day washing and ironing then re hanging a few pairs of curtains - thought I may as well make the most of the good drying weather. Of course it's when you take them down you realise that the windows really need cleaning, so did that too. Spring must have arrived with all this sorting and cleaning I'm doing but I'm off to bed now, so enjoy the rest of your and I'll see you tomorrow.
Nos Da.
I so need to do that but I'd have to get on a ladder ?. I'm too much of a klutz to try it by myself.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can't think of a more enjoyable way to get some sun ?.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

How figgin’ cute is he!!!!!!!
I want to bite his butt!!! ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning all. Hopefully @Ray--Opo is now in the company of his sons and off enjoying a wonderful fishing weekend.

JoesDad and I spent yesterday out in glorious and warm, sunshine at the Knepp Estate which is about an hour from here.

The estate belongs to a stately home and used to be intensively farmed. However the landowner decided to make a radical change and has been rewilding the land for more than a decade. The fences have gone. The native trees and plants are encouraged. Old breed pigs and cows and native deer roam and their action has changed the ecology and habitats. All 3 animals are culled and the meat sold. But their biggest income is from people who visit and do tours or camp there.

The rewilding has meant that many endangered species of plant, bird, animal and bug have moved in and are thriving. We heard several nightingales; they’re small boring brown birds that are impossible to see but have amazing song.

We did a walking tour with an incredibly knowledgeable guide. Covid rules meant there were only 4 of us plus the guide which was brilliant.

The star species is White Stork which is only found breeding at three sites in the UK
View attachment 323827

Red deer (last year’s calves so no antlers)
View attachment 323828

Our guide was the kind of person who immediately recognised every bird call. He could also mimic many birds to call them in. This Nuthatch took the bait.
View attachment 323829

Some views
View attachment 323830View attachment 323831

Young English Longhorn cattle
View attachment 323832View attachment 323833

And a little video of small fish called Dace trying to scale a dam
Right now I'm enjoying the song of a house finch couple that eat at my feeder. They sing all the time that they are eating. I've been trying to get a picture but they always catch me.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good day here to get sun also! I got up this morning and did my Sunday cleaning, vacuuming, Lysol, laundry, etc... then outdoors to shovel poop.. the loads from 3 sullies is getting large! A bit of weed eating, and critter tending all around. Now I’m sitting in the new critter pen doing some bonding with my birds and rabbits:)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well on the way down to the Keys. We were stopping in Miami to get some bait. I called to tell him we were on our way. He said he was just about to call. There has been rough water on the Atlantic ocean for a week. So they haven't been able to catch the bait fish. There are plenty of bait stores in the Keys.But everything will be frozen. I called Rose and she came through for me again!❤
She got on the phone and canceled our hotel reservations in Miami and booked rooms in Key Largo for tonight and weds.
We will just have to deal with frozen bait. Frozen works just fine, The species of bait is important. The charter boat supplies frozen bait, but the species isn't the best.So the boys are running around looking at the site's and I am in the room resting my body. Riding in a van for a period of time. Brings all my pains to the surface. But we are closer to the dock now So the drive tomorrow won't wear me out. ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well on the way down to the Keys. We were stopping in Miami to get some bait. I called to tell him we were on our way. He said he was just about to call. There has been rough water on the Atlantic ocean for a week. So they haven't been able to catch the bait fish. There are plenty of bait stores in the Keys.But everything will be frozen. I called Rose and she came through for me again!❤
She got on the phone and canceled our hotel reservations in Miami and booked rooms in Key Largo for tonight and weds.
We will just have to deal with frozen bait. Frozen works just fine, The species of bait is important. The charter boat supplies frozen bait, but the species isn't the best.So the boys are running around looking at the site's and I am in the room resting my body. Riding in a van for a period of time. Brings all my pains to the surface. But we are closer to the dock now So the drive tomorrow won't wear me out. ?
Hope you manage to get plenty of rest Ray, you've a busy few days ahead!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Right now I'm enjoying the song of a house finch couple that eat at my feeder. They sing all the time that they are eating. I've been trying to get a picture but they always catch me.
Your finches just reminded me of Carol's finches ,and that we still haven't heard from her.:(
I wonder how she and her family are?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... praying for your pain ? what kinda fish are you trying to catch??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Your finches just reminded me of Carol's finches ,and that we still haven't heard from her.:(
I wonder how she and her family are?
She's been on my mind also. I miss her Monday evening take on us. It was so funny... but I didn't want her to have to do all that typing either. So I kept my mouth shut about that. She'll be back. Maybe I'll nag her with a card ?