COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hello everyone, getting excited about the fishing trip. So far weather looks good. My son's will be on their way here later this afternoon. Should be here sometime tomorrow evening. Cant wait to see them and they can see how big Opo has gotten.
Can't wait for some pictures ☺️ but I'll understand if a few get away ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Let the fishing begin!! Post fish photos. I have so many of my dad standing with lines of caught fish, you can't tell what year it was.

Pain level, ok?
Oh yeah there definitely will be pics. Just talked to my son's. They are almost in Kentucky. They are not sure if they will stop for some sleep or not. One good thing is my son Adam works 3rd shift, so he is driving right now.
Pain levels are the same and anxiety is high. Cant wait to go fishing.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
So pleased for you Ray.
How long are you going away for?
We will be on the boat mon, tues and weds. So 2 nights sleeping on the boat about 75 to 100 miles directly west of Key West in the gulf of Mexico. We will get near Key West on Sunday and spend the night before we go fishing mon.Wednesday after getting off the boat. We will spend the night near Key west and drive back to my house on Thursday.
I say near Key West, but it is really 2 1/2 hrs away. The same Holiday Inn at Key West each room was 441.00.?
In Key Largo they were 109.00.?

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
House Rehab - window and glass guys arrived pretty much on time. Wow, what a difference brandy new glass looks like. It’s crystal clear, can’t even tell if window glass is there or not. Every window in the house needed to be changed out except the one in the garage! ?‍♂️ That one was never damaged & still clear.
Did you get double pane windows with E-gas?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We will be on the boat mon, tues and weds. So 2 nights sleeping on the boat about 75 to 100 miles directly west of Key West in the gulf of Mexico. We will get near Key West on Sunday and spend the night before we go fishing mon.Wednesday after getting off the boat. We will spend the night near Key west and drive back to my house on Thursday.
I say near Key West, but it is really 2 1/2 hrs away. The same Holiday Inn at Key West each room was 441.00.?
In Key Largo they were 109.00.?
I've paddled in the Gulf of Mexico at Marco Island.
It was when I holidayed in Miami in the early 90's and we had a day trip to the Everglades to see the Alligators, a tourist Native American reservation and then Marco Island.
I was amazed at the size of the fish that swam around my feet.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, there's a colder wind today but it's still sunny.
Lola did surface earlier but went back to bed.
I'm just busy with a few chores, and then off to look for some dandies - nothing exciting happening
Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I've paddled in the Gulf of Mexico at Marco Island.
It was when I holidayed in Miami in the early 90's and we had a day trip to the Everglades to see the Alligators, a tourist Native American reservation and then Marco Island.
I was amazed at the size of the fish that swam around my feet.
About 20 years ago when I was still living in Michigan. A friend of mine and I rented a house for a week on Marco Island. We caught some big Jack Crevalles right off the dock. Not a good eating fish,but they are hard fighters.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all!!! I can feel Rays excitement all the way down here in Texas! Now I’m excited too!!! ! Don’t know what Jayden and I are going to do today. We have many options. Hubby and friends are in Colfax at the Louisiana Mudfest which is hosting Trucks Gone Wild. I love watching the monster trucks but I’m not sure I want to make the day trip. Son doesn’t want to go and none of my girlfriends are there..??? My oldest sister has invited me to come her way and let Jayden play with my great nephew who is his age.. ??? Then there is life here on the farm.. I’m totally ok with staying home!! Lol

Alecks

Oskaloosa
Good morning all!!! I can feel Rays excitement all the way down here in Texas! Now I’m excited too!!! ! Don’t know what Jayden and I are going to do today. We have many options. Hubby and friends are in Colfax at the Louisiana Mudfest which is hosting Trucks Gone Wild. I love watching the monster trucks but I’m not sure I want to make the day trip. Son doesn’t want to go and none of my girlfriends are there..??? My oldest sister has invited me to come her way and let Jayden play with my great nephew who is his age.. ??? Then there is life here on the farm.. I’m totally ok with staying home!! Lol
how close are you to Mineral Wells/Graford area? We go there all the time

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes.....double pane with methane. ?

The seal broke (for some reason) and caused them to fog/stain.
Here you can see just how fogged they all were.

View attachment 323766
I wanted to get dual or triple windows, but I want glass not plastic. Do they also come in g lass?