COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. I was back at the rescue feeding baby birds this morning. There’s been an explosion of admissions. We have treble the number today compared with Tuesday.

The pinkies like these starlings and blackbird need feeding every 15 minutes, the older birds every half hour and the oldest every hour. You have to be super organised.
C24C9D12-01CB-44B6-8B0D-E0E62F065C9F.jpeg48343836-0742-44CA-800D-81D4BED989D2.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It sounds like you’re almost rebuilding it!

You know ppl these days.....it’s a 50 year old house BUT they will expect everything to be & look brandy new. A few ppl are willing to purchase “fixer uppers” but too many ppl watch those home shows and want all stainless steel appliances, sparkling hardware, shiny chandeliers, crystal clear windows. So, we hope by spending some money now it pays off with a quick sale at or above market. Ppl seem to be paying MORE than asking price in our area.

Wifey’s already gone to check on the glass guys....I better get moving!

Next week, kitchen rehab & painting. Going to stain the deck once temps warm up.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Our below normal temps continue to hang around with freeze warnings over the past few days. No wind today, sunny & bright.

Rehab House - The Roof has Been Replaced
Our below normal temps continue to hang around with freeze warnings over the past few days. No wind today, sunny & bright.

View attachment 323689

Today we have glass guys coming to replace all of the glass/windows - 50 separate panes (25 windows). The seal is broken in all of the windows and all need to be replaced.
That was quick! Looks like a good job.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

View attachment 323689

Today we have glass guys coming to replace all of the glass/windows - 50 separate panes (25 windows). The seal is broken in all of the windows and all need to be replaced.
By the time you finish paying for all these upgrades you're not going to realize any profit from the sale!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good afternooning all. I was back at the rescue feeding baby birds this morning. There’s been an explosion of admissions. We have treble the number today compared with Tuesday.

The pinkies like these starlings and blackbird need feeding every 15 minutes, the older birds every half hour and the oldest every hour. You have to be super organised.
View attachment 323690View attachment 323691
It would be awful hard for Mama to miss hitting that big opening!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You know ppl these days.....it’s a 50 year old house BUT they will expect everything to be & look brandy new. A few ppl are willing to purchase “fixer uppers” but too many ppl watch those home shows and want all stainless steel appliances, sparkling hardware, shiny chandeliers, crystal clear windows. So, we hope by spending some money now it pays off with a quick sale at or above market. Ppl seem to be paying MORE than asking price in our area.

Wifey’s already gone to check on the glass guys....I better get moving!

Next week, kitchen rehab & painting. Going to stain the deck once temps warm up.
I kind of feel that the level of renewal you are going through wouldn’t be cost effective here. You would end up selling at a loss.

Our housing market is different. We are an overcrowded country and land and properties are at a premium. Some property developers will buy, do up and sell on, but most properties get sold and people factor in the cost the of renovation to the price.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, getting excited about the fishing trip. So far weather looks good. My son's will be on their way here later this afternoon. Should be here sometime tomorrow evening. Cant wait to see them and they can see how big Opo has gotten.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hello everyone, getting excited about the fishing trip. So far weather looks good. My son's will be on their way here later this afternoon. Should be here sometime tomorrow evening. Cant wait to see them and they can see how big Opo has gotten.
Let the fishing begin!! Post fish photos. I have so many of my dad standing with lines of caught fish, you can't tell what year it was.

Pain level, ok?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
House Rehab - window and glass guys arrived pretty much on time. Wow, what a difference brandy new glass looks like. It’s crystal clear, can’t even tell if window glass is there or not. Every window in the house needed to be changed out except the one in the garage! ?‍♂️ That one was never damaged & still clear.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So pleased for you Ray.
How long are you going away for?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
House Rehab - window and glass guys arrived pretty much on time. Wow, what a difference brandy new glass looks like. It’s crystal clear, can’t even tell if window glass is there or not. Every window in the house needed to be changed out except the one in the garage! ?‍♂️ That one was never damaged & still clear.
I can't believe how quickly they are getting things done!
Must be all the tea breaks they stop for over here that slows our tradesmen down,;)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I can't believe how quickly they are getting things done!
Must be all the tea breaks they stop for over here that slows our tradesmen down,;)
?‍♂️ All windows/glass in. The Company thought it might take a good 1.5 days to complete. I think these guys were looking forward to completing the job.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 323690View attachment 323691
So çute..