COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. We have spent today shifting things round upstairs as part of my grand plan to get a double bed in my son’s bedroom.
First step involves moving a lot of things out!

That got interrupted by me needing to take a pigeon to the rescue. It was sat in our pond and didn’t attempt to fly away when I went out to the garden. I caught it far too easily, so it now in the best place to get treatment for whatever the problem turns be.

I hope your pain subsides and you can get some sleep Ray.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
And we are back from receiving COVID shot #2. Didnt even have to get out of our car this time. Rolled right into the site, checked or QR code and straight into a quonset hut type tent. Arms out, shots given. Shot records updated. Done.

One fun fact....on the way over we drove right near two very dark Sika deer by the road. First time ive ever seen this type of deer.

➡️➡️ Maryland's exotic sika deer (pronounced SEE-kuh) is native to southern Japan, and first appeared on Maryland's lower Eastern Shore when Clement Henry released them on James Island in 1916.

➡️➡️ Today, sika deer (Cervus nippon yakushimae) inhabit all of the lower Eastern Shore counties, with the highest density located in the marshes and wetlands of southern Dorchester County. Sika deer were also released and established populations on Assateague Island during the 1920's.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
*I Love this Japanese Doctor*~??

*Q*: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
*A*: Heart only good for so many beats, and that's it... Don't waste time on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; its like saying you extend life of a car by driving faster. Want to live longer?
Take nap.

*Q*: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
*A*: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that means they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too.
Bottoms up!

*Q*: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
*A*: Can't think of one, sorry.
My philosophy: No pain...good!

*Q*: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
*A*: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil.
How getting more vegetable be bad?

*Q*: Is chocolate bad for me?
*A*: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable!
It best feel-good food around!

*Q*: Is swimming good for your figure?
*A*: If swimming good for figure,
explain whale to me.

*Q*: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
*A*: Hey! 'Round' is also a shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Finally the Japanese Doctor summed up: Look mister, Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride my life was"!!!!!?
Eat whatever you like because you will still DIE, don't allow motivational speakers deceive you.

1. The inventor of the treadmill had died at the age of 54

2. The inventor of gymnastics died at the age of 57

3. The world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41

4. The best footballer in the world Maradona, died at the age of 60.

BUT

5. The KFC inventor died at 94.

6. Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88

7. Imagine, cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102

8. The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake

9. Hennessey inventor dies at 98.

How did these doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?

The rabbit is always jumping up and down but it lives for only 2 years and the turtle that doesn’t exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So, Take some rest, Chill, Stay cool, eat, drink and enjoy your life. You will still die.
Amen amen amen! Joy makes you live longer.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And we are back from receiving COVID shot #2. Didnt even have to get out of our car this time. Rolled right into the site, checked or QR code and straight into a quonset hut type tent. Arms out, shots given. Shot records updated. Done.

One fun fact....on the way over we drove right near two very dark Sika deer by the road. First time ive ever seen this type of deer.

➡️➡️ Maryland's exotic sika deer (pronounced SEE-kuh) is native to southern Japan, and first appeared on Maryland's lower Eastern Shore when Clement Henry released them on James Island in 1916.

➡️➡️ Today, sika deer (Cervus nippon yakushimae) inhabit all of the lower Eastern Shore counties, with the highest density located in the marshes and wetlands of southern Dorchester County. Sika deer were also released and established populations on Assateague Island during the 1920's.
I have to look them up now ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Big news.
Lola spent about 15 mins basking in the sun today - he wouldn't actually go out but found a lovely sunny spot just inside the door and stretched out all 4 legs there. ??
Hopefully he'll get the hang of being a tortoise again soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Big news.
Lola spent about 15 mins basking in the sun today - he wouldn't actually go out but found a lovely sunny spot just inside the door and stretched out all 4 legs there. ??
Hopefully he'll get the hang of being a tortoise again soon.
Sapphire does the same stuff ? He begs to go outside and then just sits inside the door to his hidey hut. Or hiding under a weed.? I have to make sure of where he is before I step inside he hides so well. So YOU and I have weird torts?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sapphire does the same stuff ? He begs to go outside and then just sits inside the door to his hidey hut. Or hiding under a weed.? I have to make sure of where he is before I step inside he hides so well. So YOU and I have weird torts?
Opo hasn't got a summer routine figured out yet. Some days he won't come out of his hide until noon. Even with food just a foot away. Then some mornings he is up by 8am and scratching at the patio door for food. ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all
Another week begins.
Lola has been up and about, nibbled his food but then headed back off into his hide.
It's going to be warmer today, so maybe that will encourage him to look for his sunny spot again later.

I have a car full of rubbish to take to the tip/dump but I may leave it until tomorrow morning in the hope that the queue will be shorter. It's usually pretty busy after the weekend when everyone has been clearing out, especially since my nearest tip is closed on a Sunday. So I'll carry on clearing out and see if I can squeeze even more in to my little Fiesta.

Have a good Monday whatever you have planned.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Opo hasn't got a summer routine figured out yet. Some days he won't come out of his hide until noon. Even with food just a foot away. Then some mornings he is up by 8am and scratching at the patio door for food. ?
I guess we're not any better at it either. One day you need a coat and later that day you don't. I've been hearing that when you see dandelions it means the underground has warmed up to at least 50° so... I guess since they crawl around on the ground they know best.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all
Another week begins.
Lola has been up and about, nibbled his food but then headed back off into his hide.
It's going to be warmer today, so maybe that will encourage him to look for his sunny spot again later.

I have a car full of rubbish to take to the tip/dump but I may leave it until tomorrow morning in the hope that the queue will be shorter. It's usually pretty busy after the weekend when everyone has been clearing out, especially since my nearest tip is closed on a Sunday. So I'll carry on clearing out and see if I can squeeze even more in to my little Fiesta.

Have a good Monday whatever you have planned.
Yep my motto is always put off until tomorrow what should have been done yesterday. If you don't feel like it. It'll get done in the good Lords time.