COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Oh I feel for you! I just finished the remodel on my Grandparents house. They built that house in the early 80’s... I did new roof, flooring, walls, kitchen.. lighting.. ughh..

it was such a relief to finish and turn it over to property management. They had it leased within two weeks:)) got my first payment this week! Anyway, spring brings the season. We will begin the power washing and deep cleaning on our place as well ?
Rose and I are going to power wash my sister's patio and fence next week. There is a handyman at her place doing odds and ends. Even though it's not my place to do so. I am about to fire the guy. He is not doing things to my standards. ?
What he has done is ok, but not to my liking. My niece who owns the townhouse is in New Jersey. So I am being her eyes. She is insistent not for me to do anything because of my condition. As long as the handyman does things correctly and doesn't cut corners. I will keep my mouth shut. It's just the little details that bother me.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
House Rehab/Update: Soo, as with these kinds of projects, a ton of upfront work to get done. A ton of estimates from contractors all with different ideas, fix or replace, everyone “wants/expects” new/stainless steel appliances. Keep the countertops or go with a new look or granite....plus landscaping, keep the old shed or dismantle...

But first the nuts n bolts of taking all the lights, fixtures and I had to defuse this 1969’s bomb hidden in our wall!

View attachment 323307
When we remodeled this house. It was going to be a flip to make some money. When we were doing the kitchen. We were deciding between formica or granite for the countertops. We went on a trip to the Philippines. So after spending so much money in the Philippines. We went with formica. I had about 600 dollars in materials and did the work myself. So that was a lot cheaper than granite. But since the accident this house was not a flip anymore. We will have granite installed some day.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning all, I got in a little trouble because I slept in my recliner all night. ?
I was to lazy to go to bed. Rose doesn't like waking up and me not being in bed. She keeps getting up and checking on me. To make sure I am alright. ?
Sometimes when I am in bed, laying there awake. She will put her hand on my chest to make sure I am breathing. She gets alarmed because I am not snoring. ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Good morning all, I got in a little trouble because I slept in my recliner all night. ?
I was to lazy to go to bed. Rose doesn't like waking up and me not being in bed. She keeps getting up and checking on me. To make sure I am alright. ?
Sometimes when I am in bed, laying there awake. She will put her hand on my chest to make sure I am breathing. She gets alarmed because I am not snoring. ?
I've developed a pretty good snore if I lay on my back in the recliner, not so much on my side.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's so sweet. She is adorable.? Someone picked the right name.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Rose and I are going to power wash my sister's patio and fence next week. There is a handyman at her place doing odds and ends. Even though it's not my place to do so. I am about to fire the guy. He is not doing things to my standards. ?
What he has done is ok, but not to my liking. My niece who owns the townhouse is in New Jersey. So I am being her eyes. She is insistent not for me to do anything because of my condition. As long as the handyman does things correctly and doesn't cut corners. I will keep my mouth shut. It's just the little details that bother me.
I know what you mean there. I have to hire people now to do things I used to be able to do myself. It's really frustrating when they are getting paid and don't do the best they can do on the job. It's a lack of respect for the employer.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good eve all. JoesDad and I got up early to spend a long day at Elmley Nature Reserve in the north of our county. We had a fabulous day. The sun wasn’t warm and the wind was cold, but still a really good day.

I set up a one pot casserole in the slow cooker before we left. It was a good move. So good to come home to delicious smelling ready cooked dinner.

Lapwing chick
AB8B1354-3227-4373-9FB3-141CA96441D3.jpeg

Male Shoveler
33245F3C-264F-4472-8A8D-37DFBEB8316A.jpeg

Brown Hare
47A8795C-10D8-4931-BC18-7AC0F5B97847.jpeg

Male Reed Bunting
FA0045F6-56A3-4AA8-9B61-83C410B3BCE3.jpegB61C8E52-0D02-48D4-B2C8-369BA1D0D67E.jpeg

Coot giving us the evil eye from her nest
67A2FC9E-0E5E-4B17-9388-F6D128C8D807.jpeg

Avocet
E2CD8346-386F-45FC-8B63-6E1E1D667C3A.jpeg71C8C1B8-EFCF-45B3-A59B-C7053AFADE89.jpeg

Male Shelduck
1FC44F33-41AF-47E8-8A78-A17BC242ED62.jpeg

Cattle Egret
EE6C0AEB-1B57-4A27-BE33-AB0519C72DE4.jpeg

Brent Goose
8FD294A0-7689-4643-AD10-6EECB4BB47F2.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good eve all. JoesDad and I got up early to spend a long day at Elmley Nature Reserve in the north of our county. We had a fabulous day. The sun wasn’t warm and the wind was cold, but still a really good day.

I set up a one pot casserole in the slow cooker before we left. It was a good move. So good to come home to delicious smelling ready cooked dinner.

Lapwing chick
View attachment 323341

Male Shoveler
View attachment 323342

Brown Hare
View attachment 323343

Male Reed Bunting
View attachment 323344View attachment 323345

Coot giving us the evil eye from her nest
View attachment 323346

Avocet
View attachment 323347View attachment 323348

Male Shelduck
View attachment 323349

Cattle Egret
View attachment 323350

Brent Goose
View attachment 323351

Some good looking birds there. Looks like you had a perfect day.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Evening All.

After a few cold days, it was scheduled to warm up today and winds calmer. My friend and I got back out on the water and did a decent 10 miles in great conditions.

Hard to just pick one or two pix to share.

81BBC570-F2C5-4196-8E3F-5F9BC17E2F0A.jpeg

A3C8D742-763D-4705-A1E1-506693E10C6E.jpeg

Lots of Geese nesting these days..

4AC4F8AB-CAEE-4178-B552-270AB7954A92.jpeg

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Goodmorning all, cant get to sleep. I have run out of sheep to count..?
Maybe I will try geese!???????
or ducks?
It's only 10.15 here so must be really early where you are Ray.
Is it pain keeping you awake or just one of those nights when the brain won't switch off?
Hope it's not pain.:(
I would offer to sing you a lullaby but that would set all the cats in the neighbourhood off.
If I can't switch off I read until I feel my eyes closing, or use headphones and listen to some relaxing music. Pink Floyd's Division Bell album usually works for me.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all on what is another cold and sunny morning here.
Lola is up and about.
He actually stepped out into the garden yesterday and lay in a sunny patch near the door, but only for about 5 mins - still it's a start.
Maybe he'll venture out a bit further or stay a bit longer out in the big, bad, scary world today.
Hope you all have a good and peaceful Sunday.
TTFN

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Is it pain keeping you awake or just one of those nights when the brain won't switch off?
I would offer to sing you a lullaby but that would set all the cats in the neighbourhood off.
If I can't switch off I read until I feel my eyes closing, or use headphones and listen to some relaxing music. Pink Floyd's Division Bell album usually works for me.
It is the phantom pains. Tried my mirror therapy but it wouldn't subside the pain enough in my arm.Yeah it was about 4:30 am when I posted. Ran out of ducks to count. So I switched to lizards. ?
Rose just got up so I guess I will get up. And eat breakfast with her. Maybe I will get a afternoon nap. ?
At least when I go fishing, if I can't sleep I can fish all night. ??????

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Definitely will try the Pink Floyd album!?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
*I Love this Japanese Doctor*~??

*Q*: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
*A*: Heart only good for so many beats, and that's it... Don't waste time on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; its like saying you extend life of a car by driving faster. Want to live longer?
Take nap.

*Q*: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
*A*: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that means they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too.
Bottoms up!

*Q*: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
*A*: Can't think of one, sorry.
My philosophy: No pain...good!

*Q*: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
*A*: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil.
How getting more vegetable be bad?

*Q*: Is chocolate bad for me?
*A*: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable!
It best feel-good food around!

*Q*: Is swimming good for your figure?
*A*: If swimming good for figure,
explain whale to me.

*Q*: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
*A*: Hey! 'Round' is also a shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Finally the Japanese Doctor summed up: Look mister, Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride my life was"!!!!!?
Eat whatever you like because you will still DIE, don't allow motivational speakers deceive you.

1. The inventor of the treadmill had died at the age of 54

2. The inventor of gymnastics died at the age of 57

3. The world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41

4. The best footballer in the world Maradona, died at the age of 60.

BUT

5. The KFC inventor died at 94.

6. Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88

7. Imagine, cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102

8. The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake

9. Hennessey inventor dies at 98.

How did these doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?

The rabbit is always jumping up and down but it lives for only 2 years and the turtle that doesn’t exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So, Take some rest, Chill, Stay cool, eat, drink and enjoy your life. You will still die.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

*Q*: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
*A*: Heart only good for so many beats, and that's it... Don't waste time on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; its like saying you extend life of a car by driving faster. Want to live longer?
Take nap.

*A*: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that means they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too.
Bottoms up!

*Q*: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

explain whale to me.

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Finally the Japanese Doctor summed up: Look mister, Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride my life was"!!!!!?
Eat whatever you like because you will still DIE, don't allow motivational speakers deceive you.

BUT

The rabbit is always jumping up and down but it lives for only 2 years and the turtle that doesn’t exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So, Take some rest, Chill, Stay cool, eat, drink and enjoy your life. You will still die.
You forgot someone
James Fuller Fixx Was credited with starting the jogging revolution! He died at 54

Jan A

Boulder, CO

Take nap.

Bottoms up!

explain whale to me.

And remember:

BUT

OMG, Ray... that is priceless!!

Maybe there's something going on in another dimension. I am back to pre-surgery pain levels, not much sleep & hubby is achy, achy, achy.