COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good morning!
something has already managed to swipe one of my little ducklings... so I’m getting some Geese! I have located one large African grey male that I’m getting tomorrow to start gaurd duty right away and I’m going to pick up 4 goslings this morning raise.. pretty Soon my pasture will be decorated with large birds!
wishing everyone a great day!
Sounds like a plan. Sorry about your little duckling. I like geese as guard birds too. They're worth their weight in gold ☺️

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Y’all are good for my soul!! Lol... I saw an ad on Craigslist for free llamas... it was all I could do not to get them.. I love the idea of an alpaca or even a donkey but then my Maintenence goes way up with grooming and hoof trimming and feed!!! Lol... big dogs apparently pay no attention and cinder is with me all day.

but I need a small guard that can patrol my yard as well. the culprit here must be a snake or weasel or something of that nature.. It Apparently has no interest in my chicks.. they have been out daily for for a little while now.. either way, the ducks are on lock down and the game camera goes up this afternoon..

Large African gander arrives at 7:30 tomorrow and I’ll put him in then coop until the babies are bigger.... and I’ll bring up 4 goslings behind him...
My hat's off to you! You get after it. I'm small & could patrol, but I'm afraid of snakes & don't see well in the dark. And if you've got mosquitos, I'd cost you a ton in bug spray. Oh, .....never mind!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That's to bad.?
So the geese will ward off the critters?
I read that they are excellent.. as a kid, I remember them being mean as hell.. I also read that if you raise them, they are very affectionate.. they know who’s who and have an excellent memory.. we shall see...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I read that they are excellent.. as a kid, I remember them being mean as hell.. I also read that if you raise them, they are very affectionate.. they know who’s who and have an excellent memory.. we shall see...
I remember being chased by a giant swan pair when I was teenager. I was trying to fish on a private pond that obviously they guarded

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all - Friday again!
Sunny here bit still very cold; 0C overnight with some areas down to -4C.
It will be warm enough to peg the washing out to dry though so I'd better get on with it.
Have a good day and see you later.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Friday all. Sun is about to rise, but it’s another chilly start here in Maryland. Temps about 37F/3C to start and only going to reach 15C. Perfect weed & grass growing temps.

We have been busy busy busy working on our other rental house to get it ready to sell. We’ve had this house as a rental for a good 15 years or so, sooooooooo, lots of work to get it up to snuff to sell. By the time we are done, there will be a new roof, new windows, everything painted, new carpeting, all new kitchen appliances, updated garage door mechanisms, lighting fixtures & landscaping. Whew. Lots to do.

Ogh yes, wifey wants to powerwash & stain the back garden deck.

Enjoy your Friday.!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Friday all. Sun is about to rise, but it’s another chilly start here in Maryland. Temps about 37F/3C to start and only going to reach 15C. Perfect weed & grass growing temps.

We have been busy busy busy working on our other rental house to get it ready to sell. We’ve had this house as a rental for a good 15 years or so, sooooooooo, lots of work to get it up to snuff to sell. By the time we are done, there will be a new roof, new windows, everything painted, new carpeting, all new kitchen appliances, updated garage door mechanisms, lighting fixtures & landscaping. Whew. Lots to do.

Enjoy your Friday.!
Oh I feel for you! I just finished the remodel on my Grandparents house. They built that house in the early 80’s... I did new roof, flooring, walls, kitchen.. lighting.. ughh..

it was such a relief to finish and turn it over to property management. They had it leased within two weeks:)) got my first payment this week! Anyway, spring brings the season. We will begin the power washing and deep cleaning on our place as well ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Geese really are good at shewing off snakes. They just stand over them and the snake gets the heck out of dodge. I've watched it happen in Florida. I think snakes are afraid of most birds because some of them prey on them.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
House Rehab/Update: Soo, as with these kinds of projects, a ton of upfront work to get done. A ton of estimates from contractors all with different ideas, fix or replace, everyone “wants/expects” new/stainless steel appliances. Keep the countertops or go with a new look or granite....plus landscaping, keep the old shed or dismantle...

But first the nuts n bolts of taking all the lights, fixtures and I had to defuse this 1969’s bomb hidden in our wall!

ABA1A1E1-2595-457E-86DB-EF745C93A985.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
House Rehab/Update: Soo, as with these kinds of projects, a ton of upfront work to get done. A ton of estimates from contractors all with different ideas, fix or replace, everyone “wants/expects” new/stainless steel appliances. Keep the countertops or go with a new look or granite....plus landscaping, keep the old shed or dismantle...

But first the nuts n bolts of taking all the lights, fixtures and I had to defuse this 1969’s bomb hidden in our wall!

View attachment 323307
Is that really what I think it is? A speaker? Wow

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning!
something has already managed to swipe one of my little ducklings... so I’m getting some Geese! I have located one large African grey male that I’m getting tomorrow to start gaurd duty right away and I’m going to pick up 4 goslings this morning raise.. pretty Soon my pasture will be decorated with large birds!
wishing everyone a great day!
You are so sneaky!? I just now noticed where that little darling is ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Is that really what I think it is? A speaker? Wow

Better yet, a full house intercom system & this was the main control panel in the Commander’s Room (aka the kitchen). Not only intercom, but you could pipe music into all the rooms too. Ps - two way speaker system... All before wifi !

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Better yet, a full house intercom system & this was the main control panel in the Commander’s Room (aka the kitchen). Not only intercom, but you could pipe music into all the rooms too. Ps - two way speaker system... All before wifi !
Yea surround sound ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all - Friday again!
Sunny here bit still very cold; 0C overnight with some areas down to -4C.
It will be warm enough to peg the washing out to dry though so I'd better get on with it.
Have a good day and see you later.
It got down to 40f here which is way warmer than you but I still couldn't stick my nose out the door. I'm still wishing Friday didn't come around so quickly. Life is flying by. But I guess time flies when you're having fun.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

View attachment 323307
Personally I wouldn't do anything that doesn't actually need doing because the new owners may want to put their own stamp on it. Then again you may get someone who wants it all done for them. Difficult to know what to do for the best really.?‍♀️

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
Weather still the same - sunny but cold.
We could probably do with some rain now, the river is pretty low, but I don't think there's any in the forecast for the next week. or so.
Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Enjoy your Friday.!
Wish I had the capability to help you. I miss doing that type of work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw. That makes sense. I couldn't understand why a speaker needed so many wires.