COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning and happy Easter all.

Today JoesDad decided to do the really long walk downstream of here along the river Medway. The 10.5 miler. We walked the route in reverse so we did the boring bit first to get it out of the way.

The weather started out very unpromising... cold and grey. However we were excited to see our first swallows of the year new back from their trip to Africa for the winter ?
8EC63B1E-108E-40DA-B087-CF3BC38CF288.jpeg

Around 11am the sun came out and while the air was chilly it was the most glorious day for a walk.

9F045F8E-6505-4E23-B266-02F15863D8DD.jpeg

Cowslips
E30F37B7-17C8-483A-8526-652A100D8271.jpeg2AAB56DD-0E0F-4AEB-85DD-A4A793E46C7D.jpegB99F9A11-6312-4912-8130-E118E80E99CE.jpeg3A33CA53-19CB-4414-8566-3C591B8EF82C.jpeg

Meanwhile Daughter has been working today. She is working on an industrial estate in Essex where they are having to relocate endangered Water Voles that are likely to be affected by repairs to a railway station. She sent us this photo of one of the cuties they trapped.
21126A20-5A68-4953-9BCC-ED9DB02FD2D1.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings all, Happy Easter.

A really nice day here today. Sunshine all day long & warm. It’s currently 71 here ( 21/22C) and I’m roasting doing a bit of gardening. Resurrected last year’s mini-water garden and there was a water hyacinth starting to grow (no water all Winter long). Set it up, filled with water....plugged it in....and zilch. Pump not working. ?

Wifey was busy making us a few nice Easter dishes.

F6E1DA9E-80A0-43B7-B60F-BCE339786DB2.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I

showed Jayden Joe’s eggs and he really liked them. So then He picked out 3 of the boiled ones and colored them his self with markers. He made them into his favorite Pokémon characters I believe..
That's cute. I'm going to show Joe this post also. It'll really cheer him up to know he can also inspire.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

A really nice day here today. Sunshine all day long & warm. It’s currently 71 here ( 21/22C) and I’m roasting doing a bit of gardening. Resurrected last year’s mini-water garden and there was a water hyacinth starting to grow (no water all Winter long). Set it up, filled with water....plugged it in....and zilch. Pump not working. ?

View attachment 322483
That looks like a wonderful feast. I roasted a leg of lamb. We'll have a salad and potatoes also. I'm pretty sure your hyacinth will wait for you to get the pump running and is just glad to get some water ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good Morning and Happy Easter!
Hope you all have a lovely Easter Sunday and that the Easter Bunny leaves you a few eggs!

View attachment 322454
I won't have to worry about bunny eggs at all... But personally I'll be real glad when Razberri gets back to her normal rag bunny self.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Easter to All. Temp will be pleasant today. It will be quiet for me. Enjoy! ?
It was a quiet day here and enjoyable. The birds singing and enjoying spring... and my suet. They are spoiled and it's my fault. They land on the window sill and give me dirty looks through the window if they eat it all.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternooning and happy Easter all.

Today JoesDad decided to do the really long walk downstream of here along the river Medway. The 10.5 miler. We walked the route in reverse so we did the boring bit first to get it out of the way.

The weather started out very unpromising... cold and grey. However we were excited to see our first swallows of the year new back from their trip to Africa for the winter ?
View attachment 322459

Around 11am the sun came out and while the air was chilly it was the most glorious day for a walk.

View attachment 322460

Cowslips
View attachment 322461View attachment 322462View attachment 322465View attachment 322463

Meanwhile Daughter has been working today. She is working on an industrial estate in Essex where they are having to relocate endangered Water Voles that are likely to be affected by repairs to a railway station. She sent us this photo of one of the cuties they trapped.
View attachment 322464
Poor little one. It's good s/he'll be safe until the works done.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Has the format for posting pictures or videos changed for you all?
I figured out the photos but cant get videos to post. All I get is audio no video. ??
I've not tried posting videos and you may already have tried this - but is it something to do with the media icon which is next to the Smileys under the 3 vertical dots?
It asks you to Enter media URL - (no idea what that means).

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning and Happy Easter Monday to you all.
It's a bank holiday here - is that the same in the US?
It's been a chilly night and we've had frosts the last 2 mornings, but the cloud should clear later for a cold but brighter day.
Lola hadn't surfaced yet and even though my garden has been warm in the sun over the weekend, I still haven't been able to get him to venture out yet......he's a peculiar tortoise?
Have a good day.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning!
I think posting the media URL is equivalent to copying the link.. should be about the same as before. You will have to copy and paste a link to utube or wherever else your video can be viewed.. (I think??)

our holiday in the US is over now. Back to work n school. We are heading into our warm weather days now. Looks like the highs all week will be in the 80’s here ( as opposed to mid 50-60’s the past week) ..

wishing everyone a great day!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Has the format for posting pictures or videos changed for you all?
I figured out the photos but cant get videos to post. All I get is audio no video. ??

Hey @Ray--Opo where/how are you trying to post videos? Like Lyn said, first post to YT, then copy the YT UTL here into your thread. Ps-i haven’t tried posting a video since all the changes happened.

Ok....trying the old way here.. (Seems to work fine)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all

My shift at Folly today has changed with the seasons. Baby bird feeding has begun ?

Today I had 2 (European) Robins
070A3DED-E1EE-4E26-85FC-4CD6566A31EC.jpeg

Two tiny Dunnocks (they’ll grow to sparrow size) with their bright red gapes
B8474E07-E855-4A64-97A3-6D147DE29CAC.jpeg

three blackbirds
B9939ECD-1AD2-488D-A825-B6DDCE2AA03A.jpeg

All to be fed every 30 minutes.

Because the number of babies is low at the moment, I did that alongside regular shift work caring for pigeons, pheasants and this very grumpy badger
3425352C-E6FA-43A3-9F3F-BD20987BD747.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

View attachment 322483
Your wife obviously take great pride in her work. Please don't ever get in the habit of saying, "That again?" and always show her your appreciation for her hard work! Was it just the two of you she was cooking for? Good job, Wifey!

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Good afternooning all

My shift at Folly today has changed with the seasons. Baby bird feeding has begun ?

Today I had 2 (European) Robins
View attachment 322529

Two tiny Dunnocks (they’ll grow to sparrow size) with their bright red gapes
View attachment 322531

three blackbirds
View attachment 322530

All to be fed every 30 minutes.

Because the number of babies is low at the moment, I did that alongside regular shift work caring for pigeons, pheasants and this very grumpy badger
View attachment 322532
The chick in the first picture looks impatient for his food. :)