COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I was gonna say I boiled some eggs and thought about coloring them for fun. What talent he has
Yea and I hate to use them but it's part of traditions ? if I don't they'll be stinking to high heaven before long. A nice salad is planned for Sunday. I just hope I don't have a ton of leftovers.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I will. I hate to use them but I'll slice them for a salad on Sunday.
If you wanted to keep them you could pierce both ends of the egg (uncooked) then blow the white and yolk out into a bowl to use in cooking. Carefully run water through the shell then decorate.
When the eggs are finished you could hang them up. In school we used to paint a small branch white and use that as our Easter tree to hang the kids' designs on - very effective.
Just needs some careful handling when painting to make sure the shell survives!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's quite warm in the sun here but the temps are dropping as expected.
Last time I looked at the forecast Monday's temps are down to 5C with a feels like -1C in the wind warning.

I've been busy painting my garden fence and more or less finished the first coat . Second cat will have to wait a day or two as my back is aching.
I used to always use creosote which stunk to high heaven for while but was great for protecting the wood but that has been banned for use by anyone except professionals now. You can get a substitute but I've been using up some fence paint I had here - probably better for the environment anyway.
Anyway better get back to it .
Have a good Saturday and see you later.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. Here in England we re finally allowed to travel a bit further even if shops and restaurants still aren’t open

So we drove to our favourite nature reserve at Stodmarsh. It was grey and the wind from the North was very cold indeed and to be honest the birdwatching wasn’t great.

After a picnic lunch, we decided to pop over to another nature reserve at Oare Marshes which was even windier. The birding was a bit better there, but the cold started to get to us.

Still a good day out though

a few postcards starting with a Black tailed Godwit
CB59B1A9-C845-4A7D-91C5-14958DCE86B1.jpeg

The pretty Avocet
263A7DD7-FF71-4B1B-A5AB-FFC9986BDB31.jpeg

A personal favourite, the Curlew
03367305-1B95-430B-A02F-4D1EFFED91D2.jpeg

Our picnic lunch view... looks grimmer than it was :D
7CD69BED-31CB-4178-A8E7-964749F3329D.jpeg

Shoveler drakes
658EDF0E-50B2-4635-8A44-F38E92F8D33F.jpeg

Cormorant
77132029-B50E-4FB2-9005-E5825633355C.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If you wanted to keep them you could pierce both ends of the egg (uncooked) then blow the white and yolk out into a bowl to use in cooking. Carefully run water through the shell then decorate.
When the eggs are finished you could hang them up. In school we used to paint a small branch white and use that as our Easter tree to hang the kids' designs on - very effective.
Just needs some careful handling when painting to make sure the shell survives!
I've done that too. Sadly Joe brought these home from his adult program already cooked.?? Since I now know he enjoys that, maybe next year with some of my grandkids.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternooning all. Here in England we re finally allowed to travel a bit further even if shops and restaurants still aren’t open

So we drove to our favourite nature reserve at Stodmarsh. It was grey and the wind from the North was very cold indeed and to be honest the birdwatching wasn’t great.

After a picnic lunch, we decided to pop over to another nature reserve at Oare Marshes which was even windier. The birding was a bit better there, but the cold started to get to us.

Still a good day out though

a few postcards starting with a Black tailed Godwit
View attachment 322420

The pretty Avocet
View attachment 322421

A personal favourite, the Curlew
View attachment 322422

Our picnic lunch view... looks grimmer than it was :D
View attachment 322423

Shoveler drakes
View attachment 322424

Cormorant
View attachment 322425
I always love your bird pictures. They are so much better than what's in my bird book. You aught to think about doing one. Or at least a collection.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Chilly here but warming up.. I’ve been stuffing plastic eggs with candy for the egg hunt tomorrow. We will do a pre-egg hunt this evening with the dyed eggs so that I can go ahead and make the deviled eggs tonight..
I would love to see some pictures. Happy kids when they find an egg. Joe thinks he's still a kid and I don't want to burst his bubble ? He loved it that you liked his eggs.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's quite warm in the sun here but the temps are dropping as expected.
Last time I looked at the forecast Monday's temps are down to 5C with a feels like -1C in the wind warning.

I've been busy painting my garden fence and more or less finished the first coat . Second cat will have to wait a day or two as my back is aching.
I used to always use creosote which stunk to high heaven for while but was great for protecting the wood but that has been banned for use by anyone except professionals now. You can get a substitute but I've been using up some fence paint I had here - probably better for the environment anyway.
Anyway better get back to it .
Have a good Saturday and see you later.
Thanks to your post I decided to google creosote. What! A read! As a child I was told it was derived from walnut hulls. Not true. I also found a better way to dry and use black walnuts because even the older instructions about that weren't true. I've learned the same lesson again. Never stop questioning ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I
I would love to see some pictures. Happy kids when they find an egg. Joe thinks he's still a kid and I don't want to burst his bubble ? He loved it that you liked his eggs.
showed Jayden Joe’s eggs and he really liked them. So then He picked out 3 of the boiled ones and colored them his self with markers. He made them into his favorite Pokémon characters I believe..