COLD DARK ROOM

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi Ben we've been thinking about you and some of our other absent friends.
Glad to hear you and the animal family are all OK.
How are you coping with the impact of lockdowns on your college course?
I hope you are doing alright Lyn, it’s been a strange year or so I’ve got to admit. College is mostly virtual at the moment but we do get one day at college a week for practical lessons. All exams were cancelled for this year too. Masks have to be worn in class rooms and we do covid tests multiple times weekly but it’s become the new normal now??

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope you are doing alright Lyn, it’s been a strange year or so I’ve got to admit. College is mostly virtual at the moment but we do get one day at college a week for practical lessons. All exams were cancelled for this year too. Masks have to be worn in class rooms and we do covid tests multiple times weekly but it’s become the new normal now??
It must be strange missing out on the whole college experience but as long as you're able to cover the coursework that's the important thing.
I'm fine thanks Ben. Retired last summer. I couldn't face all the changes and regimes that covid is bringing to schools. So a big change for me, I miss the kids and staff but no regrets.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Screwy system, having to drive 4 hours round trip, but wifey and I got jabbed with our Pfizer vaccines at 1500 today.

Our Vaccination Route
View attachment 322021
That's a heck of a way to go.
When they first started with the jabs here some people were having to travel over 100 miles but then they got their act together and set up more centres. So now they're done quite locally. Even so if I had to travel for a few hours to get vaccinated I would.
I hope you and Wifey don't get any side effects. Someone told me it's a sign the bodies reacting well if you do - I don't know if that's a medical opinion though.
Maybe for the second jab you could canoe across and take a couple of bikes with you for the inland journey.:)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’ve been doing very well Cathie, how have you been?!
I've been good although I did have to survive getting that dang flue goin round ? What have you been doing as a volunteer lately? If you were able and I'll bet you could. Not many people volunteer for reptiles ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm doing good haha just alittle bit worky if that's a word lol
Still trying to understand my life as a arborist ?hard but its good
Since you're an arborist I'll have to remember to send you a pic of our true crab apple tree when it blooms. If I had known I would not have planted it. Yet I'm glad I did because everything living loves it including people ☺️ people walk buy and pick an apple ? and they're good ? but they are a crab apple.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm doing good haha just alittle bit worky if that's a word lol
Still trying to understand my life as a arborist ?hard but its good
I could do with a visit from you to advise me on a Weigela tree/shrub and the fungus and dead branches I've found. If you're passing pop in!!:D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, we have a dampish day here again so far but it feels warmer and there's talk about a heat wave this week ? - we'll see.
I went shopping early today and was home by 9,30.
Lola is out and active, he had a peep at the garden but decided not to explore further - it is too cold for him to spend any time out there today.
I hope everyone has a good Monday - I can't believe Easter is only a few days away!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all, we have a dampish day here again so far but it feels warmer and there's talk about a heat wave this week ? - we'll see.
I went shopping early today and was home by 9,30.
Lola is out and active, he had a peep at the garden but decided not to explore further - it is too cold for him to spend any time out there today.
I hope everyone has a good Monday - I can't believe Easter is only a few days away!
Good morning Lyn!
can’t believe you’ve been out shopping already and I’m only finishing my first cup of coffee! Our Weather looks much like yours except we are supposed to have some very cool nights this week.. I didn’t see my tortoises at all yesterday!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
And good morning to all! I Have taken off work today to take my son for a medical procedure.. he’s got to have a stint put in his tear duct. He had this done once when he was a baby. The procedure itself is quick and simple but the act of taking a child to have something done is never fun :-(. He’s old enough to know somethings up and naturally is scared... and of all things, they didn’t schedule us until 10:20 this morning.. so he will be hungry too.. anyway... I needed To vent I suppose and now I will put my game face on for him... ?

I hope you all have a fabulous day!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And good morning to all! I Have taken off work today to take my son for a medical procedure.. he’s got to have a stint put in his tear duct. He had this done once when he was a baby. The procedure itself is quick and simple but the act of taking a child to have something done is never fun :-(. He’s old enough to know somethings up and naturally is scared... and of all things, they didn’t schedule us until 10:20 this morning.. so he will be hungry too.. anyway... I needed To vent I suppose and now I will put my game face on for him... ?

I hope you all have a fabulous day!!
Hope all goes well for Jayden, it's not very pleasant having things done to the eyes. Will he be awake through it? Sometimes they have to keep you awake for eye surgery - I'd much rather be out of it.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
It must be strange missing out on the whole college experience but as long as you're able to cover the coursework that's the important thing.
I'm fine thanks Ben. Retired last summer. I couldn't face all the changes and regimes that covid is bringing to schools. So a big change for me, I miss the kids and staff but no regrets.
I don’t really enjoy the virtual lessons as much as I’m just sitting at my computer all day and I do doze of a bit?. Covid has really changed education and not just the kids, must be very strange for teachers too! How are you finding it so far?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I've been good although I did have to survive getting that dang flue goin round ? What have you been doing as a volunteer lately? If you were able and I'll bet you could. Not many people volunteer for reptiles ?
Oh noo I’m glad you were able to recover from it, what were your main symptoms with the virus? I’m still volunteering weekly at the rescue centre and I love it! I’m getting as much experience in the sector as possible. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all.

Glorious 17C/63F sunshine here in Kent today

At the rescue I had a pheasant - mucky pup!
3E340D8A-9DA6-4B50-BD0A-0CE3BAB77016.jpeg
And these two cute pigeon chicks
0001A5DF-70A3-430E-9CC2-9AE321D198EF.jpeg
as well as the regulars. The number of hedgehogs in our care is going down fast as we are releasing them. We’ll soon be inundated with baby birds.

At home, we have our first tadpoles
1CA4B860-747A-44B6-B2F1-586F6BAE0ACA.jpeg1CA4B860-747A-44B6-B2F1-586F6BAE0ACA.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don’t really enjoy the virtual lessons as much as I’m just sitting at my computer all day and I do doze of a bit?. Covid has really changed education and not just the kids, must be very strange for teachers too! How are you finding it so far?
I'm enjoying it so far. I used to think that when I retired I'd still do some supply teaching but to be honest I don't really want to now. I'll think about again when everything gets as back to normal as possible , I'd like to have some links with my old school maybe as a volunteer to help with reading etc - but I'll see.