COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Hey, to clear the air. When I said I lived a colorful life and was in jail. It wasn't because I was a criminal robbing or stealing. It was because of bar fights and drunk driving and drugs.
My motto used to be....if your willing to accept the consequences. Then do it!
Now I can reflect back and realize..... everytime I was drinking I didn't get in trouble. But everytime I got in trouble I was drinking. It's been 18 years being sober and guess what. I haven't been in trouble either.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all.

We went out for a walk round a local nature reserve this morning. JoesDad has broken his binoculars and we have hired a couple of pairs to try before we buy. So there’s no photos because we spent our entire time putting the binoculars through their paces.

We are doing a longer walk tomorrow so I’ll try to remember to take pictures :D

This evening there is the small matter of the rugby. France v Wales at 8pm. A draw or win for Wales guarantees they win the championship. ???????

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good afternooning all.

We went out for a walk round a local nature reserve this morning. JoesDad has broken his binoculars and we have hired a couple of pairs to try before we buy. So there’s no photos because we spent our entire time putting the binoculars through their paces.

This evening there is the small matter of the rugby. France v Wales at 8pm. A draw or win for Wales guarantees they win the championship. ???????

Gooooooooooo Wales!

A862BC73-5F58-482A-8A6E-89669D20E70F.jpeg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Good afternooning all.

Here is a nice set?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Hey, to clear the air. When I said I lived a colorful life and was in jail. It wasn't because I was a criminal robbing or stealing. It was because of bar fights and drunk driving and drugs.
Now I can reflect back and realize..... everytime I was drinking I didn't get in trouble. But everytime I got in trouble I was drinking. It's been 18 years being sober and guess what. I haven't been in trouble either.
Oh, I wasn’t a criminal either, just having fun in bars and well, yeah.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Here is a nice set?
A little heavy to take out on 10 mile hike perhaps? ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
No. I have them all. I am not a numbers person. My j
Are you missing some fingers? I only ask because I am missing my right hand.
[/QUOTE
No, I have them all. I'm just not a numbers person. My sr. high counselor told me based on my aptitude tests, I should be flunking algebra. I almost flunked geometry & then college physics because of my math skills. I'm terrible at remembering my passwords & phone #s. I have no memory of being in class when they taught us to multiply & divide fractions in grade school. I was too embarassed to tell my folks. I've forgotten everything I knew about using slide rules.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Its no
These “Tortoise Forum” video pop-ups are killing me..... ads on one side, video TFO pop-ups playing on the other.
It's not too bad on the laptop, just a small pop up screen to the right of the screen over the other ads and occasionally a much bigger version in between posts but no worse than the usual ads.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good on you for turning your life around Ray. :<3:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternooning all.

It's just started.....Come on Wales!!
It will be a tough game I think - and with an English ref!!!!
I don't know if I can watch it all - I get too wound up!!?
It's better if you're in the stadium or in a packed bar but sat here alone I don't think ,y blood pressure can take it.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's just started.....Come on Wales!!
It will be a tough game I think - and with an English ref!!!!
I don't know if I can watch it all - I get too wound up!!?
It's better if you're in the stadium or in a packed bar but sat here alone I don't think ,y blood pressure can take it.
All fine... probably... at the moment... With 17 minutes left go...

aaargh!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And for the last leg of our adventure, we went just a few miles down the way to Big Rock State Park.. This was an amazing Park with Giant Boulders on the banks of the Paluxy River. We climbed and jumped rocks for a couple hours and took in the views of clear shallow river.. The photos here did not do this place Justice. I think we may have to go back and get one of the cabins for rent on the river front and stay awhile. View attachment 321345View attachment 321346View attachment 321347View attachment 321348View attachment 321349View attachment 321350View attachment 321351View attachment 321352View attachment 321353

We also met a group of U-tubers called 149 RC worx.. they travel all over the US setting their self built RC vehicles on very difficult terrains.. and then they record these and post them. My Son went through a phase where he watched them non stop for a year.. it was fun watching them navigate these giant boulders With the tiny RC rock crawlers.
View attachment 321354
I love every single one of your pictures. Past ones included. I'm so happy to see you're having some fun.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Th
These “Tortoise Forum” video pop-ups are killing me..... ads on one side, video TFO pop-ups playing on the other.
That's not what's happening with my phone but while I'm on a post it sometimes pops up. Those can interfere if I touch the wrong place. Once in a while an ad (in the proper place) pops up and is followed by TFO. The second type aren't bothersome.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm glad I'm not young anymore. It's by God's grace I survived it. See I knew you were nice.?