COLD DARK ROOM

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
My very closest friend and caregiver suffered a stroke Saturday morning. My caregiver, she's even younger than I, but crap this wasn't supposed to happen. It has taken me by surprise, I never expected this, and I am shocked and not quite sure how to act or feel.
I'm so sorry for your friend. Do you know bad the stroke was yet?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
But, but, I want somebody to cook for me. I like to eat, but hate to cook and don't do it well...lol
I watched an episode of Bar Rescue. The new cuisine for the redone bar was bringing out a sizzling piece of steel to the table & you got to cook your seafood or meat on the sizzling steel. When I go out to eat, I'm not paying for me to cook.

I am so tired of MY own cooking!! Dan's idea of cooking is a tortilla wrap with peanut butter & cheese. Your wife got lucky, Blackdog!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My very closest friend and caregiver suffered a stroke Saturday morning. My caregiver, she's even younger than I, but crap this wasn't supposed to happen. It has taken me by surprise, I never expected this, and I am shocked and not quite sure how to act or feel.
Sorry for you and your friend caregiver. It's so strange how that happens. My supposedly healthy dad died at 38 years old from cardiac arrest. My 42 year old son could have died lately from a blockage in his heart and came through it despite his horrible health problems. She lived and hopefully it won't take away so much that she can't be happy.??

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I watched an episode of Bar Rescue. The new cuisine for the redone bar was bringing out a sizzling piece of steel to the table & you got to cook your seafood or meat on the sizzling steel. When I go out to eat, I'm not paying for me to cook.

I am so tired of MY own cooking!! Dan's idea of cooking is a tortilla wrap with peanut butter & cheese. Your wife got lucky, Blackdog!!
Oh no I got lucky!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope she will be ok.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Now, you can be there for her.
Sometimes just a friendly face and conversation goes a long way.
Praying for a full recovery. ???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Finished building the metal fence for the Leopards outdoor enclosure so it now has two fence barriers. Next I add mulch and build a nightbox. Made creme brulee today and it turned out great!

While the creme brûlée looks fantastic, I thought you were gonna show us....
THE FENCE! ?
I was excited to see it; but all I got was a craving for CREME BRÛLÉE!! ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So sorry to read this Maggie. I hope she makes a full recovery.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We spent the day on a lengthy hike through Sydney Harbour National Park roughly following the line of the bay. The wildlife ID thoroughly tested us; thank goodness for the internet!

BFA49AD4-10D9-4812-9FA2-917AE3B919C0.jpeg

New Holland Honeyeater 12B854DF-5F50-463E-814C-DF33DA2FC4E4.jpeg

Arboreal Termite nest049E1F07-8414-43B6-BE48-9802613B573D.jpeg

Tiger Moth4BA0E978-4BD1-4E78-9906-E91C2D0E9E45.jpegA0662586-213E-4180-A997-9C98AD05F1D1.jpeg

Laughing Kookaburras FF215394-C368-41E3-8A11-DCBC36052D74.jpeg

MillipedeA90C9358-23F1-457C-B305-8690AE248046.jpeg

Water Dragon58B74290-8BAC-4495-9989-E3BF11A0BA67.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So sorry to hear about your friend and hope she makes a good recovery.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, it's a lovely day here today but this is the calm before the storm.
Heavy rain and high winds are expected tomorrow and in to Thursday.
I don't mind the rain - it's the strong winds that make me nervous.
Shouldn't complain really it's not been too bad lately.
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
G’day all. Finally some much nicer weather on the near horizon. Finished pruning our front Maple tree yesterday, it’s good for a few more years. Off kayaking tomorrow, today cleaning up the pruned limbs.

Finished Pruning
View attachment 320347

And the Outlook
View attachment 320346
Good morning!?
AWSOME JOB PRUNING!!!!!
The tree looks amazing!!!
Can you come do mine?? ?
My one tree is hanging on my neighbors shed after the storms this winter..
I cannot wait to get out there and cut it...
Once again, you did an amazing job!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
While the creme brûlée looks fantastic, I thought you were gonna show us....
THE FENCE! ?
I was excited to see it; but all I got was a craving for CREME BRÛLÉE!! ?
As requested fence! I made the gate out of a pice of fence and 2” square tube. Gate open has stops so it can’t be pushed open by the Leopard. Just waiting to pickup the reed fencing that I will line the fence with to make it safer and fancier. The gate area will get full bamboo pieces to cover it since it borders the dog area. Beautiful weather this week in RVA almost 70 today

898B1779-2556-4EFC-938B-A64A5D7E4E78.jpegFD9D7CB9-08B3-4507-9AB7-AAFF59C952CA.jpeg