COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I will add this to my already made list! Thank you sooooo much!!!!
I hope I get pictures to post this spring of all the butterflies ? (and the hummies) !!!
I am sooo great full to everyone for your help!!!! Especially Maro2bear!
You have all made my garden the “place to be” if you’re a flying bug?
Wait....?....
Are butterflies bugs??
I get it that hummingbirds are BIRDS
But what are butterflies???
Flies? ?...........??
Going up the scientific order...

Butterflies are insects like ants and bees.

Insects are arthropods which includes spiders (arachnids), millipedes and crustaceans (scorpions, crabs, pill bugs, etc)

Bugs isn’t a scientific term, but kids going bug hunting would undoubtedly include butterflies in it

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We said farewell to Abel Tasman National Park and took the sea shuttle back to Kaiteriteri. A taxi to Nelson and then a plane and another taxi and we were back at our first motel in Auckland. It’s 6 weeks today that we left home. Tomorrow our adventures continue, but not in New Zealand...
4A4D209F-A701-4118-8E40-92F9560E55D7.jpegB42CE379-92F1-40BB-AA69-70BCE0C07A4A.jpeg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Well surprise, surprise, I got new glasses for the first time in 8 years. I cut my long hair, and so I tried to take a selfie to show ya'll. But I don't have a cell phone that takes selfies I use a camera. So here's a bad photo of me, using a camera in the bathroom. I know I'm a dumba**...don't make fun of me. hahaha. I mean it, Chubbs
100_6925.JPG
100_6918.JPG
I'm gonna have to rethink this...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh and visitors at my feeders, California Quail. I'm having many more birds in my tortoise pens. I go thru a 40 pound bag of black oil sunflower seeds in 2 freakin weeks. Quail they walk along the fence, then jump down under the feeders and clean up the mess that's down there. This time I counted 15, Spring is here!
Hey JoesMum...how many times have a told you about the 1 and only hedgehog I fostered? Ours here are so tiny and the photo you post looks about the size of a rat, 1 or 2 pounds?
Anyhow birds
100_6915.JPG
Notice no grass in the Sulcata pen
100_6907.JPG
@Yvonne G
Remember these balls? 3 red, white and blue...still going strong
100_6896.JPG

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Well surprise, surprise, I got new glasses for the first time in 8 years. I cut my long hair, and so I tried to take a selfie to show ya'll. But I don't have a cell phone that takes selfies I use a camera. So here's a bad photo of me, using a camera in the bathroom. I know I'm a dumba**...don't make fun of me. hahaha. I mean it, Chubbs
View attachment 320007
View attachment 320008

View attachment 320007
View attachment 320008

HUBBA HUBBA!!!! (From Chubbs).....
Why would you be a dumba**?
You look GREAT!!!!!!
The only thing I can’t understand is you said you cut your long hair?
Well, (to me) it still looks long!???
Anyway, Beautiful Maggie simply gorgeous!
We “old folk” do what we need to do to get a picture. Forget these new fangled phone cameras with their 3D, six lenses, and buttons everywhere. One day they are ALL gonna break or be taken over by Russian hackers or aliens ? and everyone one who relies on these phones is gonna be LOST!!!
At least you and me will still know how to start a fire using tree branches, tap the ground for water, build a hut out of leaves, and most of all SURVIVE!!!
Glad you used a CAMERA!!!
I still have my telephoto lens for taking pictures far away! ! ?
Nothin’ wrong with it.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh and visitors at my feeders, California Quail. I'm having many more birds in my tortoise pens. I go thru a 40 pound bag of black oil sunflower seeds in 2 freakin weeks. Quail they walk along the fence, then jump down under the feeders and clean up the mess that's down there. This time I counted 15, Spring is here!
Hey JoesMum...how many times have a told you about the 1 and only hedgehog I fostered? Ours here are so tiny and the photo you post looks about the size of a rat, 1 or 2 pounds?
Anyhow birds
View attachment 320010
Notice no grass in the Sulcata pen
View attachment 320009
@Yvonne G
Remember these balls? 3 red, white and blue...still going strong
View attachment 320011

I love your birds ?

And a healthy adult European hedgehog weighs 2-3lb (800g-1200g)

Our visitor last night was at the smaller end, probably a juvenile last year. I’d guess at a pound and a half (600g)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I love your birds ?

And a healthy adult European hedgehog weighs 2-3lb (800g-1200g)

Our visitor last night was at the smaller end, probably a juvenile last year. I’d guess at a pound and a half (600g)
Do your Hedgehogs still roll into a ball, and they DO still have spines? Oh hell, as soon as I started these comments it started pouring

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
HUBBA HUBBA!!!! (From Chubbs).....
Why would you be a dumba**?
You look GREAT!!!!!!
The only thing I can’t understand is you said you cut your long hair?
Well, (to me) it still looks long!???
Anyway, Beautiful Maggie simply gorgeous!
We “old folk” do what we need to do to get a picture. Forget these new fangled phone cameras with their 3D, six lenses, and buttons everywhere. One day they are ALL gonna break or be taken over by Russian hackers or aliens ? and everyone one who relies on these phones is gonna be LOST!!!
At least you and me will still know how to start a fire using tree branches, tap the ground for water, build a hut out of leaves, and most of all SURVIVE!!!
Glad you used a CAMERA!!!
I still have my telephoto lens for taking pictures far away! ! ?
Nothin’ wrong with it.
My hair was just touching my waist and it was in pretty bad shape frizzy and damaged from years of spiral perms and color. Little did I know it's curly without that weight just like I wanted from a perm.... I grew it for a long time.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I will add this to my already made list! Thank you sooooo much!!!!
I hope I get pictures to post this spring of all the butterflies ? (and the hummies) !!!
I am sooo great full to everyone for your help!!!! Especially Maro2bear!
You have all made my garden the “place to be” if you’re a flying bug?
Wait....?....
Are butterflies bugs??
I get it that hummingbirds are BIRDS
But what are butterflies???
Flies? ?...........??
Hummingbirds love the old fashioned Rose of Sharon too. Eventually, I'm going to replace my hybrid for the true type. The hybrid doesn't really get many and they are in my neighborhood.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
View attachment 320007
View attachment 320008
You look great, Maggie !!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
He is gorgeous!!!! I love his little legs!! ?
I wanna give him a raspberry on his butt!!!
??
Thank you. I found a way to give him a little kiss on his little pumpkin head ?. I can't get over the fact that in May I will have had him for 14 years. It seems like yesterday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We said farewell to Abel Tasman National Park and took the sea shuttle back to Kaiteriteri. A taxi to Nelson and then a plane and another taxi and we were back at our first motel in Auckland. It’s 6 weeks today that we left home. Tomorrow our adventures continue, but not in New Zealand...
View attachment 320002View attachment 320003
The two of you look like a perfect match. It's inspiring to see that.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My hair was just touching my waist and it was in pretty bad shape frizzy and damaged from years of spiral perms and color. Little did I know it's curly without that weight just like I wanted from a perm.... I grew it for a long time.
I loved your picture. My hair is so straight and won't hold a curl. Not only that I kinda look like a zebra with dark and white stripes.?