Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We only did 7 miles today ?
View attachment 319864
It was foggy which lightened up to mist, but still not great for photos though
I have to get one of those gadgets that counts steps. Just to see.? But I would much rather do it on a beautiful co
What kind of plants bring butterflies ? around??? Anyone? ...
In the late 90's I had a red twig dogwood growing for basketweaving. It had these mediocre flowers but the butterflies loved them. Then there is lots of prettier flowers they like. I've seen them feeding on the fallen crab apples but my tree isn't a hybrid. The apples are a good 4 to 5 inches. Even people like them. They walk by and pick one every now and then. I don't care that's less I have to clean up.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Spring is trying to get here just saw some tiny plants in my pots. Hope my neighbors don’t see them they might get upset- he is lawn master?

View attachment 319944
I have a couple of neighbors that mow and weed eat the same spot over and over until they get the last blade of grass. I've also seen idiots mowing dirt. Course later I saw that they had to have their yard fixed ?. That was supreme revenge on them for polluting the air in a drought.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning.
I know what you mean. I only think I had seen TWO butterflies last year in total!
Now that to me, is signs of the apocalypse !!!!!!!
the world is coming to an ugly end... ?
What is a world without butterflies ?!??
Some years aren't as good as others. I can't remember what all that includes. I suspect it's a good spring growing season. I've read about milkweed to. I might get a notice in the mailbox for growing a weed though. I'll have to make it look like a plant I planted this time. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have to get one of those gadgets that counts steps. Just to see.? But I would much rather do it on a beautiful co

In the late 90's I had a red twig dogwood growing for basketweaving. It had these mediocre flowers but the butterflies loved them. Then there is lots of prettier flowers they like. I've seen them feeding on the fallen crab apples but my tree isn't a hybrid. The apples are a good 4 to 5 inches. Even people like them. They walk by and pick one every now and then. I don't care that's less I have to clean up.?
Hehehe, Ray, I was trying to say I'd rather do a 7 mile walk in the country though.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning.
And thank you for that!
I will plant ALL of those this summer.
I have heard “fluted” plants bring humming birds around.. but that is the extent of my knowledge
Hummingbirds are only found in the Americas so I have no knowledge of those :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Very cool! Take a look at this posting in our local neighborhood online news.... SOME PPL! Afraid of a frog invasion....

View attachment 319947
Most of the tadpoles are predated by birds, mammals, fish, dragonfly larvae, each other... it looks awful, there’s so much spawn, but very few make it to being frogs. It’s the way it’s supposed to work in nature. They can’t all survive

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Most of the tadpoles are predated by birds, mammals, fish, dragonfly larvae, each other... it looks awful, there’s so much spawn, but very few make it to being frogs. It’s the way it’s supposed to work in nature. They can’t all survive
When I was just a kid I lived in the country. One of my favorite things to do was play in a creek across the street. I happened to get to see the time period when the tadpoles were turning into tiny little frogs. They were everywhere on the banks of that creek. It was so much fun playing with all those cute little babies. I didn't know how blessed I was to get to see that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ogh....I forgot one of the BEST butterfly and hummingbird perennial plants/flowers you can grow... JOE PYE!
Ogh my gosh.....the hummers and butterflies love these . And they are perennials.....so once you get them established, hands free!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OMG!!! $3,000 in the wind!

I was driving my toy riding mower and trying to get as close to the grape vine as possible when a small twig from the vine reached out, grabbed my hearing aid and flung it to the far reaches! I spent an hour bent over (because I'm not able yet to get on my hands and knees), searching the grass to no avail. Now I gotta worry that one of the leopards eats it.

I went online to research the best hearing aid brand and discovered Consumer Reports is no longer free. You have to join to get their report. So I decided to go cheap and get a Hue for only $62. Miracle Ear is around $2,500

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I was driving my toy riding mower and trying to get as close to the grape vine as possible when a small twig from the vine reached out, grabbed my hearing aid and flung it to the far reaches! I spent an hour bent over (because I'm not able yet to get on my hands and knees), searching the grass to no avail. Now I gotta worry that one of the leopards eats it.

I went online to research the best hearing aid brand and discovered Consumer Reports is no longer free. You have to join to get their report. So I decided to go cheap and get a Hue for only $62. Miracle Ear is around $2,500
Oh no!!! maybe You will run across it undamaged when your not looking. .. before the leopards!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ogh....I forgot one of the BEST butterfly and hummingbird perennial plants/flowers you can grow... JOE PYE!
Ogh my gosh.....the hummers and butterflies love these . And they are perennials.....so once you get them established, hands free!

That sounds right up my alley ☺️ weeds

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Did you see it fly? I'll bet you find it close. Well I'm hoping for you to.