COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Can't you just take a stool sample in, so you don't have a big Vet bill. please keep us (or me) updated on him
Rose got a stool sample yesterday. The vet said it will be ok in the fridge for a few days. I am going to call them today to see if we can bring the sample in today. I am not sure if Opo will give another sample before Friday.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Yep. I've asked my rabbit's vet but he said he's not done a tortoise. He was honest and he doesn't spout out the usual crap about rabbits. I wish he would study up though. Rabbits are really hard and I figure he'd get pretty good real quick.
It’s actually right around 30F and the high will be 58. But, bright sunshine & calm winds.

Kayaking on ice....it’s calm.
View attachment 319847
Iʻm glad you are having a nice time. I am glad that I am having a nice time looking at your pictures from a nice warm place lol. Thank you for sharing them!

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning Joesmum,

What beautiful pictures...only...
What’s wrong with that chicken?
Why is he laying on his side?
I think he's reclining casually in the nice warm soil/sand.............
...........or having a dust bath.
Correct ... or almost... SHE was having the most wonderful dust bath in the sandy soil ?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
We only did 7 miles today ?
View attachment 319864
It was foggy which lightened up to mist, but still not great for photos though
Who was chasing you and why? When the wife and I went to Savannah, GA years ago I was amazed at how far we walked each day are barely even noticed, because of the beautiful scenery.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They look for somewhere cool and dry. Sheds, garages,caves, railway tunnels...

They’re tough little creatures. Some hibernate, some migrate (Monarchs for example) and some lay eggs and die then their eggs overwinter.
I usually have a lot of different butterflies. They like the crab apple tree. I'll have to watch and see which ones are out and about this year.☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The last pet smart I was in. They had a 8" russian in a 10 gal aquarium. I wanted so bad to buy it. I had just got Opo, so I wasn't knowledgeable about care for a russian. That image still haunts me now. I haven't been in a pet store since then. I would probably get arrested. ?
Most of the Russians I've seen in a pet shop are in much better shape then Sapphire was. I bought him online from Florida. I didn't know any better. Also I had very little internet access back then. I bought him because of the size and needs of a Russian. They aren't as hard to take good care of as the type you have. That's the reason I didn't get a larger tortoise. Also they are a really fun and hilarious tortoise. You have to watch em like a mother hen though. They can and will get themselves in a lot of trouble. Also, if I'm not wrong, Florida may be too much humidity at times. It's crazy how much you have to learn to have a pet tortoise. And all they do is sit most of the time and look pretty cute.??

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
And back from another great peaceful morning out on the water. Surprised by the new ice layers that formed in areas where there was none just two weeks back.

Some Ice for you All
5CD1910C-6F10-4A2A-A03F-71D605A0654F.jpeg

And an Eagle
ADEE0259-AB57-470B-A926-36ABCDA65D5B.jpeg

And a Great Blue Heron
EA13B33D-3B57-4431-9717-0215C0649915.jpeg

Peace & Quiet on the Water
0EB3EE62-54A1-4063-A180-38F2D2F5E869.jpeg

And just in case you would like to see more birds, water & tranquility.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Most of the Russians I've seen in a pet shop are in much better shape then Sapphire was. I bought him online from Florida. I didn't know any better. Also I had very little internet access back then. I bought him because of the size and needs of a Russian. They aren't as hard to take good care of as the type you have. That's the reason I didn't get a larger tortoise. Also they are a really fun and hilarious tortoise. You have to watch em like a mother hen though. They can and will get themselves in a lot of trouble. Also, if I'm not wrong, Florida may be too much humidity at times. It's crazy how much you have to learn to have a pet tortoise. And all they do is sit most of the time and look pretty cute.??

Have we seen a picture of Saphire???
I must be late...
Can we see another one? She sounds wonderful!! ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Who was chasing you and why? When the wife and I went to Savannah, GA years ago I was amazed at how far we walked each day are barely even noticed, because of the beautiful scenery.
It was like that when we were in New Zealand. We walked miles and miles.