COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Did you out enough salt in it? That affects the crust
I increased the the salt from 3/4 tablespoon to a a full tablespoon. I also added ice to a pan on the lowest shelf for the extra steam. I think I need to try my bread pan next as the dough likes to creep out sideways as its proofing

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all it's 9.30 am and quite chilly at the moment with ice on the bird baths but it looks like it will be another bright and sunny day later.
I've made the mistake of offering to cook a Sunday roast for my nephew because it was his birthday in the week and we couldn't go out.
I regretted it as soon as I said it, but maybe not as much he may regret eating it!:)
Have a good Sunday!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Good morning all it's 9.30 am and quite chilly at the moment with ice on the bird baths but it looks like it will be another bright and sunny day later.
I've made the mistake of offering to cook a Sunday roast for my nephew because it was his birthday in the week and we couldn't go out.
I regretted it as soon as I said it, but maybe not as much he may regret eating it!:)
Have a good Sunday!
That is so cool! I have a roast in the crock pot (all prepped) that the wife will turn on around 10 AM eastcoast US

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Have a good Sunday!
Oh heck! That means using your oven. Where will the wine go? ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Have a good Sunday!
Good morning! Just offer lots of wine with your roast.. it will be fine:)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Bread after it was baked. It was so good when hot. Crust was not as crunchy as I wanted so I will make an adjustment next batch.
Nice. I'm the opposite. I like a really soft crust and used to use water patted on it. I just can't remember if it was before baking or after.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Have a good Sunday!
I thought you didn't use your oven ? he must be very special. You'll have to clear your oven and cook too. Oh me oh my ?. I'll bet you surprise yourself.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all.
We survived the lunch - just!
The chicken, peas, Aunt Bessie's roast potatoes and Yorkshire puds, were fine, but the rest of it - not so great.?
I boiled the carrots dry but managed to salvage some that weren't burnt, (the pan is in a heck of a mess) forgot to add salt to the boiled spuds, and managed to over steam the brussels and broccoli , so it was all a bit too mushy for me.
My nephew enjoyed it - but then he doesn't have a discerning palate or many teeth left so mushy was probably good for him. He has taken the leftovers home to have another meal tomorrow. He must be a real glutton for punishment.

In my defence, I haven't cooked a roast lunch since Xmas 2018 so I must be out of practice! Not that I've ever achieved anything more than just about edible.
I can't wait for the restaurants to re open!

Last edited: