COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
We bought a house and converted it into a side by side. So it’s like a duplex but side by side .. didn’t know the walls would be so thin!
I lived in a townhouse before that shared the stair wall. The neighbors kid couldn't have weighed 40 pounds tops, but sounded like he wore lead shoes. Never again, i would live in a shed in Avon, NC (BTW I saw a guy that did that and was little envious)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Language barriers ? Our Volvo is a V70 estate car... Volvo estate... I think you call that kind of vehicle a station wagon? It is very capacious and has shipped large volumes of gear as our offspring have done moves for university and subsequent homes.
Station wagons are wonderful for that and driving in the snow and ice. It's a favorite type of car for me.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning /afternoon all.
Its a beautiful day here after the early morning frost.
My garden gets a lot of sun so it's warmed up nicely, maybe Lola will have a stroll out there later if he can tear himself away from his hide - he didn't surface until 7 pm last night.
Neighbours are out as expected.
The hubby has been sweeping and weeding outside the front of their house - and swept it all under the back of my car! ........and so it begins!!
I will return it though - I don't believe in finders keepers!!;)
I'd like to believe that breezes will blow it all back to your neighbors but...Maro2bears leaf blower idea on hand is a fur sure idea. We can get rechargeable ones here but we can't get real clotted cream. Just a thought.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.It’s been a glorious day of sunshine.

Daughter moved to her new flat. JoesDad took her and her bear. He said her new flatmates seem really nice. They have prepared a welcome dinner for this evening.

We now hve our home to ourselves again. Yay! Ino longer need to use the kitchen tanle for sewing and have taken i er the desk in a bedroom my duggter was using for working from home.

Wales won the rugby against England. HOORAY!!!!!!! I’m half Welsh and think this is excellent. JoesDad is English and less pleased ;)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Daughter moved to her new flat. JoesDad took her and her bear. He said her new flatmates seem really nice. They have prepared a welcome dinner for this evening.

We now hve our home to ourselves again. Yay! Ino longer need to use the kitchen tanle for sewing and have taken i er the desk in a bedroom my duggter was using for working from home.

Wales won the rugby against England. HOORAY!!!!!!! I’m half Welsh and think this is excellent. JoesDad is English and less pleased ;)
That's too funny. I love my kids but... they need to live in their own place for their safety and my sanity. They love me also but... it's not always fun dealing with mommy dearest and they don't want to ?. To find a mate you can tolerate is actually pretty amazing. I think we are more like torts then we think ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

The English Captain was not a happy man!
Beating England is always cause for celebration.
Well done to Wales for winning the Triple Crown - Grand Slam to come?

I hope JoesSis is happy in her new home.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I don’t know how to explains it but, I like to live in a “kept” house.
God for bit someone comes to visit!!
But really it just for me.
I like it clean , with no bugs , no old food smell, and sorta organized. Everything has its place....till it doesn’t..?
Now....to get rid of my neighbors pot smell would be great. ??
I cannot stand the smell of incense. It's amusing in today's day & age when you encounter the smell in public, like "i'll cover up the smell of pot with incense & no one will know I've been doing pot."

Chef, IMHAO, better to smell pot than incense.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I cannot stand the smell of incense. It's amusing in today's day & age when you encounter the smell in public, like "i'll cover up the smell of pot with incense & no one will know I've been doing pot."

Chef, IMHAO, better to smell pot than incense.

Thank you for answering ! ?
But I don’t want my pets to get “high”?
What is a good solution?
You tell me yours then I’ll tell you mine ???
I can’t stand either smell.
But I really resent the pot smell.
If I get high and then drive my car, could I kill someone? I’d be under the influence no?
I am in no way shape or form a cop,a narc or against pot. (Just to be clear.)
But I can’t understand why they can’t do it
OUTSIDE so everyone is happy???
No one bothers no one....
I’ve had pot before, It gives me a headache
So that’s why I don’t do it .
I don’t drink because I have no one to drink with!! ? (can’t say I didn’t enjoy every time I got tippy.)
I force myself to be a happy person so I can get along with all kinds!
I don’t need things to alter my ego.?
I can be fun without any of that stuff..
But I can’t stand people who think this way
“I can do whatever I want ,
but YOU CAN’T!”
Who thinks like that!!?????
WTH?????....
So when they bother me I bother them right back and they get loud and bang doors and slam things???
Sorry I am going on too much about myself and not liking it.... ?
Done... next page..
How’s your pet doing Jan???? ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Are you a spider?
No we aren’t spiders, but the wool spider (if she exists) keeps us supplied with knitted garments and blankets. We currently have a sock surplus in corner 5 as she forgets we don’t 8 legs each.

Welcome to the CDR. I’m Linda from Kent in south east England.

We’re an international bunch of idiots /friends here who sometimes talk tortoise and fairly regularly talk puns and nonsense.

Pull up an armadillo and the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. The big armadillo is called Montgomery and is a very obliging coffee table, especially if you dust him or tickle him under the chin.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020 (part 1): We explored Dunedin on foot. Dunedin has some fine Edwardian/late Victorian buildings which suggests this area is less earthquake prone. They are particularly proud of their railway station which is well over the top for relatively small town.
D8013431-AF0F-411B-9C42-BBF077736A1E.jpegEF4F1C47-B45D-4196-8D39-819FBAB5DF67.jpeg5E139B64-5E5C-4F12-A141-93C7F4DD46A1.jpeg4909ECF7-EAB8-4B59-AC70-C96627FA3618.jpeg6169016E-39A2-48B1-A21A-661C05B927D8.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020 (part 2): We spent the rest of the day out on the Otago Peninsula starting at the Northern Royal Albatross colony which is the only place that any species of albatross breeds on a mainland anywhere in the world. We were incredibly lucky to see a parental handover, which only happens every 4 days, and so got to see one of the month old chicks.
187FE428-AE29-4386-B7FA-D3A6CE0E2051.jpeg6365FF86-F07C-4185-BAEE-ECD6C91B1024.jpegDFF32699-5E8E-43D4-A34F-D4431DA0F41D.jpeg
We then went to a penguin colony where they also have penguin hospital. Patients included yellow-eyed, Snares Crested and Erect Crested penguins ... and Little Blue penguins were in the artificial burrows moulting.
96C238CD-330A-41DC-9C7A-BB33C2D0AB6A.jpegC99A5996-A5E1-405C-A93A-EB3ED7224A7D.jpeg01E6AB7A-FAE5-4B38-9A2A-961215B36545.jpeg
We finished with a boat trip along the bay in the lovely evening sunshine.
D28ABD6A-5322-4601-9EB1-194BBBD8403D.jpeg90075AB3-E4CD-4862-A754-8197634AD615.jpeg

Giant Petrels were feeding on, and fighting over, something in the water.
ACAE9C66-1E36-46D1-B832-96DFFB101CA9.jpeg
And terns were feeding on a shoal of fish brought to the surface by barracuda!
6953A0A8-2F21-4F3D-8CEA-8A412D314D72.jpeg3FB31AC3-8A62-4A2E-88C0-0086E5B96431.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020 (part 1): We explored Dunedin on foot. Dunedin has some fine Edwardian/late Victorian buildings which suggests this area is less earthquake prone. They are particularly proud of their railway station which is well over the top for relatively small town.
View attachment 319536View attachment 319537View attachment 319538View attachment 319539View attachment 319540
Beautiful buildings from the days when there were real craftsmen and things were built to last.
There's some real blood sweat and maybe even tears gone into building those.