COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Looks whose cards I have gotten so far. Thank you for making my christmas last so long. The first three on Monday and then the other one today.

And then one of my little finches has started building a nest.
So hopefully that means baby finches. Yayyyy.

Attachments

• 20210217_222539.jpg
    20210217_222539.jpg
    955.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210217_222440.jpg
    20210217_222440.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210127_192440.jpg
    20210127_192440.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210217_184510.jpg
    20210217_184510.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Absolutely...
? I did actually make this today ( with clean snow) and it was really good.. exceedingly sweet though and very similar to the real churned home made type..
It might be a once in a lifetime treat. But you did your snow day perfect ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I've been reading about all the people without power and someone who lost a tort and birds because they got too cold- you are all having quite a time of it in Texas!!
Stay warm!!
We ( here at my house) have been blessed so far.. still have power and water.. I went out and checked on and fed my tortoises earlier any the single box had dropped to 79... I am really not stressing over that ...all things considered. I think we have two more bad days and the thaw will begin. We have enjoyed the snow mostly but it’s been coming down too hard today to play much.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Looks whose cards I have gotten so far. Thank you for making my christmas last so long. The first three on Monday and then the other one today.

And then one of my little finches has started building a nest.
So hopefully that means baby finches. Yayyyy.
Oooh I’d love to see you with some babies!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
OMG guys....look & read about all of the sea turtle rescues underway in South Padre Island Texas..... thousands stunned by the cold snap!

My usual birds didn't come looking for food until later today. I was worried about them. A few showed up but it did get down to 4f last night. That device is in a tree and usually is a few degrees warmer than the official temps. Our birds can't be used to that.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: we drove over the Southern Alps via Arthur’s Pass to Hokitika. The route was very easy ... turn right out of motel and follow road for 137 miles, turn left when you see he sea and drive for 13 miles. The scenery was spectacular as we drove through the big glacial valley, but the grey weather didn’t do us any favours for photographs. We also had our first encounter with the notoriously destructive wild Kea parrots who were, on this occasion, pretty well behaved.
View attachment 318523View attachment 318524View attachment 318525View attachment 318526View attachment 318527View attachment 318528View attachment 318529View attachment 318530View attachment 318531
Wonderful pictures. I especially like the one of the birds as usual. It's the kind of pictures I like to catch. Animals being animals.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s dairy, not meat. No good for vegans, but fine for vegetarian. Perfect with desserts ?
I did find out we can't get it like it's made where you are buttt...I found a recipe made from whipping cream that may come close. Unless I know a farmer personally. Also found online that the US may have outlawed hydronated fats. For that one I say it's about time.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning Ray.
Poor Opo - hopefully things will settle down for him soon.
I hope the electrician is able to do the cable and/or your lights.
It must be difficult for you not being able to use all your skills now , but just think of yourself as having been promoted to manager!
Yep they finished. I let Rose be manager and I was the union representative. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
good morning Ray and Opo and Rose!
I really hope Opo gets what he needs to feel better today. Could you say how he is acting with the baromic pressure?
Is he sluggish?
Is he wildly running around?
Is he banging his head on your door to get in? What???
I am just curious.... because I always thought mine went wonky when the Br. Temps or a full moon appeared...
Thought I was nuts but now you mentioned baromic pressure and my light bulb came back on again...?
Opo is very sluggish and doesn't come out of his night box.