COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Just popping in to say Hi. Have been busy doing complex stuff, getting quotes for reoairs having meetings where a certain few are causing 123 as always. Work has been busy as well. Trying to cope with learning new stuff. And then putting in a new alarm and electric fencing as I walked in on someone trying to break into our wendy house. Luckily the guy ran away. But the alarm company that we had been with for over 13 years did nothing so we fired them and got someone new. But I wanted to pop in quick to say hi and to see how everybody was doing. The torts are all happy in the sun. The doves and finches like their new home20210215_211417.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Rose and I will be praying for your family. I have a stent in one of my arteries. It was done out patient. I was back to normal the next day. Hopefully everything goes well.
Thanks. He is doing really well. The main artery in the right side of his heart was completely blocked. He'll probably be out by Wednesday though. If Heather hadn't put her foot down he wouldn't be here. I think he'll be amazed by how much better he'll feel. This could not have happened overnight. Something told me last night that he would be okay.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Just popping in to say Hi. Have been busy doing complex stuff, getting quotes for reoairs having meetings where a certain few are causing 123 as always. Work has been busy as well. Trying to cope with learning new stuff. And then putting in a new alarm and electric fencing as I walked in on someone trying to break into our wendy house. Luckily the guy ran away. But the alarm company that we had been with for over 13 years did nothing so we fired them and got someone new. But I wanted to pop in quick to say hi and to see how everybody was doing. The torts are all happy in the sun. The doves and finches like their new homeView attachment 318349
What kind of finches? I forget. Also my finches are really tiny. About the size of hummingbirds and they almost fly like them too.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am sending you ALL of my support and well wishes and prayers this very minute!!!!
Can you feel them?
Here is more!!!!!
????????????????????????????✌️???????????????????????????????????????????????????????❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
now.....
Positive thoughts!!
Positive thoughts!
Positive thoughts and vibes!!!!
?
Thanks. He's doing really good. I'm forever grateful that Heather put her foot down and made him go to the hospital. If he tries to not do what she says from this day forth, he'll be answering to Mommy Dearest ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh my! Very scary, Cathie. I really hope it turns out ok.
Thank you. It really was scary at first because of all he's been through. And then peace settled over and I could feel he was okay. They say you can tell when you are a mother and I could. But you never know if it's just hope.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Just popping in to say Hi. Have been busy doing complex stuff, getting quotes for reoairs having meetings where a certain few are causing 123 as always. Work has been busy as well. Trying to cope with learning new stuff. And then putting in a new alarm and electric fencing as I walked in on someone trying to break into our wendy house. Luckily the guy ran away. But the alarm company that we had been with for over 13 years did nothing so we fired them and got someone new. But I wanted to pop in quick to say hi and to see how everybody was doing. The torts are all happy in the sun. The doves and finches like their new homeView attachment 318349
Good to hear from you Carol and glad you're Ok in spite of a few problems.
Enjoy your warm weather - most have us in the northern hemisphere have been freezing with ice and/or snow. Coldest winter for a long time here.? Brrrrr!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks. He is doing really well. The main artery in the right side of his heart was completely blocked. He'll probably be out by Wednesday though. If Heather hadn't put her foot down he wouldn't be here. I think he'll be amazed by how much better he'll feel. This could not have happened overnight. Something told me last night that he would be okay.
Good to hear Cathie.
Thank goodness Heather acted quickly.
I wish Terry a speedy recovery.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Massive electronic hugs from me
Thanks. Every thing went well. He was mad because Heather wasn't allowed to stay. He'll probably be out Wednesday and knowing him, he will be or else. If he needs to stay I'll sicc... Heather on him.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good to hear Cathie.
Thank goodness Heather acted quickly.
I wish Terry a speedy recovery.
Yes. I really think he's going to be amazed by how good he'll feel now that this has been discovered and fixed. He's been blaming the tiredness on his other health problems. It's weird how all of that works. You somehow miss a problem because it's too much like everything else you are dealing with. I'm grateful.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes. I really think he's going to be amazed by how good he'll feel now that this has been discovered and fixed. He's been blaming the tiredness on his other health problems. It's weird how all of that works. You somehow miss a problem because it's too much like everything else you are dealing with. I'm grateful.
When my 2 brothers in law had them the docs recommend a few lifestyle changes too and that made them feel even better in the long run.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
When my 2 brothers in law had them the docs recommend a few lifestyle changes too and that made them feel even better in the long run.
Yes. Diet is really important. I was trying to tell him less red meat and pop. He was also supposed to be taking cholesterol meds. For some reason he couldn't get his blood work done and the doctor took him off of them. Covid-19 is making regular medical care hard to get done. But I still think this couldn't have happened in a short period of time. He has a tendency for arteries thickening that happened while a baby. That time it saved his life. This time it could have taken it. That brat is gonna make me lose my mind.?.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That is great news to read!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's 5.30 a.m. here. I've been to bed and now I'm back up again - the heavy rain woke me about me an hour ago and I couldn't get back to sleep so I'm hoping a mug of hot chocolate will help.
Hope you all have a peaceful night - sleep well.