COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Well got my stitches out today. The doctor explained the procedure to me again because I couldn't remember what was explained to me. They had me in la la land with fentanyl during the procedure. ??
Anyways it was called a granuloma nodule. It had grown around the peice of wood. It was putting pressure on a nerve. So hopefully the constant pain in my arm might subside. To early to tell because I have pain from the operation. He also had to reconstruct the muscle in that area.
Well hoping for all the best going forward.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR VIrtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: A day spent exploring Melbourne

A Murray River Turtle with algae growing on its shell and a Grey Butcherbird both in the Botanic Gardens.
F78B894C-C07B-4B3B-A9A1-90CC28523E26.jpeg3FC124CF-7380-4B77-A57B-2866F2CB9237.jpeg
Captain Cook’s birthplace... which was deconstructed in North Yorkshire, UK and rebuilt in Melbourne in 1934!
EFBC5DE0-50E8-42EC-917C-AFBA8D9AA125.jpeg
And views from the 88th floor of the Yarra Tower of the MCG (cricket ground) with the tennis stadiums next to it. The reddish ash from the bushfires can be seen on the roof of the church and neighbouring buildings.
3211CFBC-1E44-4E25-8AB9-A040E5C6E707.jpeg434251E9-CB0C-488D-A551-D08342EA80A1.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well got my stitches out today. The doctor explained the procedure to me again because I couldn't remember what was explained to me. They had me in la la land with fentanyl during the procedure. ??
Anyways it was called a granuloma nodule. It had grown around the peice of wood. It was putting pressure on a nerve. So hopefully the constant pain in my arm might subside. To early to tell because I have pain from the operation. He also had to reconstruct the muscle in that area.
Hopefully it will soon be pain free or at least you'll have a lot less pain now that that big splinter has gone.
Sounds like the doc had quite a lot of work to do.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
CDR VIrtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: A day spent exploring Melbourne

A Murray River Turtle with algae growing on its shell and a Grey Butcherbird both in the Botanic Gardens.
View attachment 316489View attachment 316490
Captain Cook’s birthplace... which was deconstructed in North Yorkshire, UK and rebuilt in Melbourne in 1934!
View attachment 316491
And views from the 88th floor of the Yarra Tower of the MCG (cricket ground) with the tennis stadiums next to it. The reddish ash from the bushfires can be seen on the roof of the church and neighbouring buildings.
View attachment 316492View attachment 316493
I'm surprised that turtle gets any uvb!
Great pictures again.
Those fires were awful and caused such devastation for the wildlife.
It doesn't seem like a year since all that was happening.
Great pics again.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
Snow has all been washed away and it's just grey and damp here and misty on the mountains today.
More rain on the way this evening .
I don't mind rain but we need a break for a week to dry the ground out!
Did anyone else notice how light it seemed late last night?
I think there was a full moon which was hidden behind the clouds but when I popped out to the garden to see if the hedgehog was there about midnight, I was amazed that it was more like dusk - didn't need my spotlight!
Maybe it was a bright night phenomenon, I'll have to google it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all, my body is aching today. But it is a good ache from using my cross trainer. ? I think I will take a day off from using it.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Do you have any small hand weights? Do your cross trainer one day, and some weights (even very light) the next. Good luck.

I too need to get back on my regime. Been slacking here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning all, my body is aching today. But it is a good ache from using my cross trainer. ? I think I will take a day off from using it.
Hope everyone has a great day!
It's good to read that you're up and 'running', Ray! Keep it up, but try to not over do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning all.
Snow has all been washed away and it's just grey and damp here and misty on the mountains today.
More rain on the way this evening .
I don't mind rain but we need a break for a week to dry the ground out!
Did anyone else notice how light it seemed late last night?
I think there was a full moon which was hidden behind the clouds but when I popped out to the garden to see if the hedgehog was there about midnight, I was amazed that it was more like dusk - didn't need my spotlight!
Maybe it was a bright night phenomenon, I'll have to google it.
Maggie called me last night to say it was snowing like crazy up there in Oregon. And it's big enough to stick. Her computer is in the shop, so she'll be off line for a while.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Do you have any small hand weights? Do your cross trainer one day, and some weights (even very light) the next. Good luck.

I too need to get back on my regime. Been slacking here.
Yes I do, but looking on FB market place. I noticed a lot of the cable type exercise machines. Either very cheap or for free. I think I will add one of those. Also getting a therapy table to do my other strengthening exercises. I could ask the ins. company to buy the cable exercise machine, but I don't want to kick a gift horse in the mouth. They have been so accommodating so far.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Address to a Haggis Translation
Good luck to you and your honest, plump face,
Great chieftain of the sausage race!
Above them all you take your place,
Stomach, tripe, or intestines:
Well are you worthy of a grace
As long as my arm.

The groaning trencher there you fill,
Your buttocks like a distant hill,
Your pin would help to mend a mill
In time of need,
While through your pores the dews distill
Like amber bead.

His knife see rustic Labour wipe,
And cut you up with ready slight,
Trenching your gushing entrails bright,
Like any ditch;
And then, O what a glorious sight,
Warm steaming, rich!

Then spoon for spoon, the stretch and strive:
Devil take the hindmost, on they drive,
Till all their well swollen bellies by-and-by
Are bent like drums;
Then old head of the table, most like to burst,
'The grace!' hums.

Is there that over his French ragout,
Or olio that would sicken a sow,
Or fricassee would make her vomit
With perfect disgust,
Looks down with sneering, scornful view
On such a dinner?

Poor devil! see him over his trash,
As feeble as a withered rush,
His thin legs a good whip-lash,
His fist a nut;
Through bloody flood or field to dash,
O how unfit.

But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread,
Clap in his ample fist a blade,
He'll make it whistle;
And legs, and arms, and heads will cut off
Like the heads of thistles.

You powers, who make mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill of fare
Old Scotland wants no watery stuff,
That splashes in small wooden dishes;
But if you wish her grateful prayer,
Give her [Scotland] a Haggis!

?I couldn't eat one if you paid me!!

If you take the skin off the haggis and slice it up, then bake it until it crisps up, it is actually very nice, served with mashed potato and sweet potato together (it should be swede, not sweet potato, but we don't like that much.) We even have it occasionally during the year, as well as Burns night.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you take the skin off the haggis and slice it up, then bake it until it crisps up, it is actually very nice, served with mashed potato and sweet potato together (it should be swede, not sweet potato, but we don't like that much.) We even have it occasionally during the year, as well as Burns night.
I read a lot of English murder mysteries and watch a lot of them on TV too. All this time , for years and years, I've thought haggis was a fish. Reading this thread made me go ask my friend, Google, about it, and lo and behold!! It's pud made with sheep lungs, heart and liver! Still not something I'd eat, but now I know!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow that's actually pretty good news. It's bad enough to have a splinter, let alone it agravating a nerve. Muscle problem to!!! I'll be praying for the good news I'll be hoping to see... your pain is subsiding.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
I read a lot of English murder mysteries and watch a lot of them on TV too. All this time , for years and years, I've thought haggis was a fish. Reading this thread made me go ask my friend, Google, about it, and lo and behold!! It's pud made with sheep lungs, heart and liver! Still not something I'd eat, but now I know!

you ever have black pudding? now theres a weird one for you. Tastes a bit like italian salami to me.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes I do, but looking on FB market place. I noticed a lot of the cable type exercise machines. Either very cheap or for free. I think I will add one of those. Also getting a therapy table to do my other strengthening exercises. I could ask the ins. company to buy the cable exercise machine, but I don't want to kick a gift horse in the mouth. They have been so accommodating so far.
Kick em in the mouth. They'll love it.? Especially if it makes you need less care in the long run.