COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Yes, but a lot of them take longer to enlarge than I'm willing to wait. and then after they've enlarged and I want to get back to the thread my back arrow takes me completely out of the thread and back to 'new posts' where I have to start over and scan to find where I was. Don't forget, I do most of my Forum stuff on the Kindle and it's not exactly user friendly.
Ah I see. I've never used a kindle or tablet so didn't know there could be a problem.

I just click on the X in the corner of the pic window to close it and I'm back to the post they were in.

I also copy and paste pics into posts rather than 'insert image' and they appear full size but I then change them to thumbnail to save space. I'll remember not to the next time I post anything.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sometimes the enlarged picture has a back arrow or an X , but a lot of times it doesn't.

I have that disappearing “X” as well. Usually, the image size seems to get screwy somehow. The pix usually comes back with the X if I reorient my iPad vertical, then back horizontal. Fools the image to re-display but with the X.

Alecks

Oskaloosa
Do you know how old s/he is?
I read about him in your other thread.
I hope you manage to get his beak sorted out soon as it could affect his eating and be quite painful for him. Did you see the post about an overgrown beak this weekend?
no, i did not see the post. I will have to go find it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Soooooo, TFO is pretty much the only online Forum that I mess about in. Recently, I thought that I would find a “Woodworkers Forum” to see if i should join in the fun there too...

Found a pretty active forum and I recognize many of the names from YouTube are posters. I see they too experience the pain of providing lots of good info to beginners, only to have the NOOB say, nagh, I’ll just do what i want.

An example...

Bear with me while a vent for a moment.

Dr X, you are the second “Noob” to post a question about handling green wood this week. You are also the second “Noob” to state that while you appreciate our advise you plan to ignore it. You’re going to go ahead and work the wood green. If you learn best by being stubborn, making mistakes, and plan on making them despite pretty good advise, why would you waste our time by asking?

Successful woodworking will require patience, if you don’t have any you may consider another hobby.
Winds me up when I read posts from people who don't want to listen to the advice they've been given . Thankfully most people on TFO join because they want to learn and do the best for their torts.

There was a segment about 'Bodgers' on Countryfile (BBC) tonight. They interviewed a man who came from a long line of them making chair legs with a manual lathe in the forest (powered by branches and rope and his foot). I thought of you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have that disappearing “X” as well. Usually, the image size seems to get screwy somehow. The pix usually comes back with the X if I reorient my iPad vertical, then back horizontal. Fools the image to re-display but with the X.
It reappears for me when I move the mouse to the right hand corner.
The arrows move onto the other pics.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Winds me up when I read posts from people who don't want to listen to the advice they've been given . Thankfully most people on TFO join because they want to learn and do the best for their torts.

There was a segment about 'Bodgers' on Countryfile (BBC) tonight. They interviewed a man who came from a long line of them making chair legs with a manual lathe in the forest (powered by branches and rope and his foot). I thought of you.
I know I ask questions that have already been answered for me. But my memory sucks and I don't remember. The only plus to my memory loss. Is I can watch a movie 6 to 8 months later and cant remember most of it.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

Us young’uns like electricity these days.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well here is the first time of using my cross trainer. Did it for 30 minutes and averaged 105 steps per minute.
Goal is to use everyday. Get back on my diet and maybe get rid of some of my belly. I did a diet awhile back and lost 25lbs. Then hit a wall and didn't lose anymore. I am hoping it was because of lack of exercise.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I know I ask questions that have already been answered for me. But my memory sucks and I don't remember. The only plus to my memory loss. Is I can watch a movie 6 to 8 months later and cant remember most of it.?

Everyone does that Ray, it’s the folks who ask, then just choose to do things “their own way”...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We all do that.
I'm re-reading books that I'd bagged up for the charity shop and although I know I've already read them, I can't remember the stories.
It's good really because I ran out of books and the libraries are shut .

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sometimes the enlarged picture has a back arrow or an X , but a lot of times it doesn't.
Yes it's one or the other on my phone. It took me a long time to figure that out. The x is at the top. If it's not there I have to click the back button at the bottom. I've always heard the saying it's not the device it's the user and they're probably right.??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You and me both. It goes in one eye and out the other.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Soooooo, TFO is pretty much the only online Forum that I mess about in. Recently, I thought that I would find a “Woodworkers Forum” to see if i should join in the fun there too...

Found a pretty active forum and I recognize many of the names from YouTube are posters. I see they too experience the pain of providing lots of good info to beginners, only to have the NOOB say, nagh, I’ll just do what i want.

An example...

Bear with me while a vent for a moment.

Dr X, you are the second “Noob” to post a question about handling green wood this week. You are also the second “Noob” to state that while you appreciate our advise you plan to ignore it. You’re going to go ahead and work the wood green. If you learn best by being stubborn, making mistakes, and plan on making them despite pretty good advise, why would you waste our time by asking?

Successful woodworking will require patience, if you don’t have any you may consider another hobby.
Yes I know what you mean. This is the only forum I visit. I've tried some others but this is the one I like the best. If I put an idea out there I can count on getting info. Moral support etc. Thanks everyone.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: Gardens by the Bay includes the huge glasshouse structures of the Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome and the SuperTree Grove with its Skywalk.

We stay into the evening for the light-show on the Supertree Grove set to Viennese waltzes (OK there was a Polka and the Can Can too)

We walked back to our hotel via the Mer-Lion, but decided not to stay out for the New Year’s Eve fireworks as criwds didn’t seem like a good idea.
4C4CF2D5-1979-4E17-9930-720E91125644.jpegBCB1C3D9-1726-47B6-B277-2B8BCA050E2D.jpegDD784776-089C-4912-960A-221AD92DE807.jpeg2B9C41B0-279D-4A22-9466-351A4512B606.jpegC2E1E5A7-5591-4D7B-B309-D0E2F7643A29.jpeg2063C3E3-4E54-4C35-A736-D79F3CBE655D.jpeg6AB29DF3-4F8B-49D6-9B51-9A39980A6CFA.jpegA6D43C5A-F2CE-44C6-A606-4EB0F66473A8.jpeg