COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I was just to sick to play on my phone from around the last few days of December. I felt guilty every day but I just couldn't. But I lived through it and I'm baacckk you poor people.?
I can see that you are back and I am very happy about that. And you can see I a back with spelling mistakes and all. I do blame my phone though. I can never type words correctly when on the phone and are having to always go back and correct them. Sigh

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
A while back I fired my cable company and bought Roku and antenna and have been pretty satisfied with my TV viewing. But the weather and atmospheric disruptions affect my reception.

I've gotten in the habit of watching several programs right in a row all evening long on the same channel. So I turned that channel on tonight and 'no signal'!! It's now been off for a couple hours. So I had to turn to local channels and this is the time of day all of them are broadcasting local news.

Being a troll who lives under a bridge, I'm unaware of what's been going on around me. I was amazed to see that over 400,000 people have died from covid, there was an attack on the White House and the National Guard is deployed and high winds have caused terrible fires in Northern California!

I was much happier not knowing these facts. It must be the wind and smoke causing my TV reception. Guess it's time to break out a book and turn off the TV.
I am unfortunately just like you Yvonne and live in my own little world in my house and garden. We are only connected to Netflix and on occasion watch something on you tube. So I don't really see the news etc unless I pacifically google it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
hi carol!
I hope you are feeling much better?...
Is the rise you posted up too

I’m sorry I got cut off??? (Stupid iPhone)
Eheeeemmm!.... (clearing throat)....
Hi Carol!
I hope you are feeling much better?
I must ask you ....
Is the picture of this rise you posed perhaps
Be the famous “Double Delight”?
If anyone is looking for a smelly rose ...
THIS ONE IS IT!!! IT IS SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!! You must smell it!!!
No Actually it is a hybrid a friend of mine grows and has no smell.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So my day is passing kinda crappily, it's cold and yucky out and I'm just ugly. I walk to the mailbox at the corner, oh boy! My new Levi's so the day is improving. I get home throw the mail on the table, and go try on my new jeans. 501's shrink to fit...kinda big, I have been wearing size 6 skinny jeans and went to 4's. So the jeans are kinda big as opposed to skin tight $70 they better shrink ...anyhow, oh the mail...one from SOUTH AFRICA!!!
Do I know anyone in S. Africa?
It has a little bump in it so I'm thinkin Carol sent me flower seeds, ? so I am using small scissors to cut away the tape, Santa! A Santa card taped closed to hold the seeds... I oh so carefully cut the tape and start to open it, and these bat things fly out with noise and wavy wings, I flung the envelope away from me, throwing myself backward, bouncing off the door jam and falling over the running cat!!!!!!! Oh crap!!!!!! Scared the holy s**t outa me. So I get up and see that the bats are butterflies. Oh cute, so I am kinda chuckling at myself...then I read the freakin card...it was PAYBACK for the glitter I put in her card, saying that for the next 5 years every time you vacuum up red glitter you will think of me...a lovely thought for a friend
OK chefdenoel10...you said I would never see a payback coming, and I didn't. Not at all, you would think I 'might' have been careful, I did wonder about the stamps and no postmark. But that was only fleeting...you got me fair and square, it's too bad it wasn't filmed. It was a grand joke that you really thought out...a little more evil than I would have expected from you...
Whahaha. That was good.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So my day is passing kinda crappily, it's cold and yucky out and I'm just ugly. I walk to the mailbox at the corner, oh boy! My new Levi's so the day is improving. I get home throw the mail on the table, and go try on my new jeans. 501's shrink to fit...kinda big, I have been wearing size 6 skinny jeans and went to 4's. So the jeans are kinda big as opposed to skin tight $70 they better shrink ...anyhow, oh the mail...one from SOUTH AFRICA!!!
Do I know anyone in S. Africa?
It has a little bump in it so I'm thinkin Carol sent me flower seeds, ? so I am using small scissors to cut away the tape, Santa! A Santa card taped closed to hold the seeds... I oh so carefully cut the tape and start to open it, and these bat things fly out with noise and wavy wings, I flung the envelope away from me, throwing myself backward, bouncing off the door jam and falling over the running cat!!!!!!! Oh crap!!!!!! Scared the holy s**t outa me. So I get up and see that the bats are butterflies. Oh cute, so I am kinda chuckling at myself...then I read the freakin card...it was PAYBACK for the glitter I put in her card, saying that for the next 5 years every time you vacuum up red glitter you will think of me...a lovely thought for a friend
OK chefdenoel10...you said I would never see a payback coming, and I didn't. Not at all, you would think I 'might' have been careful, I did wonder about the stamps and no postmark. But that was only fleeting...you got me fair and square, it's too bad it wasn't filmed. It was a grand joke that you really thought out...a little more evil than I would have expected from you...
I am sorry everyone, but I decided not to risk sending out any cards to everyone, because with us going through our second wave currently I did not want to risk passing on any new strains of the covid virus to anyone. And because I am not sure who will be touching the envelopes and or if they are being hygienic and following covid protocols or not, I thought it would be best not to send out cards.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm not kidding you guys...she really worked hard on this...
here are the flying bats (lol), you wind up the rubberband using the front small wings, then she stuffed them in the card, and I realeased them by opening the card. God, it was funny.
View attachment 315890
The rubberband is actually the body of the bats.
View attachment 315891
I'm sure that some of you have seen this before, but in my whole life I never have, and I'm thinking that's one reason it worked so good...Thanks Chefdenoel10 I have so much enjoyed this
Oh Wow that is so awesome. Love Love it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all on what is my favourite type of winter day here - very cold and icy but bright and sunny too.
At least it's giving the areas hit by floods time for the water levels to drop.
There have been some dreadful scenes in some parts of the country. Not just with rivers bursting banks but with drains not being able to handle the volume of water. I don't know how people cope with all that.:(
Anyway Friday has come around again so hope you all have a good day in your corner of the world.
TTFN

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well ll caught up again. sorry I dissapeared again. I am stealing some time away from work now as I am going to be busy again this weekend. The complex is having a meeting and I need to prepare for it.

But I hope that you all have an awesome weekend and will try and pop in when I can.
Same to you Carol and good luck with the meeting!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well ll caught upi again. sorry I dissapeared again. I am stealing some time away from work now as I am going to be busy again this weekend. The complex is having a meeting and I need to prepare for it.

But I hope that you all have an awesome weekend and will try and pop in when I can.
Same to you Carol.. have some fun in your beautiful gardens with your beautiful angulatas!