COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
So why get a freakin Smart phone???You pay for the phone, and internet, and long distance etc. Because of the age of my car, I keep my cell phone in it, I use a land line. My cell is the next after flip phones, my keyboard slides out. Ya ca't hear, but you can always get a signal...lol
I need to get my brother a new one like that but I've been too lazy to look. I don't even know if they still make them. I hope they do.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hang on. I started reading from where zi left off. How did I miss Cathie getting covid? I was wondering where you Cathie had disappeared to. I hope you ate better now.
I was just to sick to play on my phone from around the last few days of December. I felt guilty every day but I just couldn't. But I lived through it and I'm baacckk you poor people.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Before I go, I just want to dedicate this song to you all. Even though I am not on here all the time I always think about you all. I cannot sing to save my life and I live singing, but picture me doing that lipsync thing while the song is playing.

Enjoy. ?
I love this song ❤️??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A while back I fired my cable company and bought Roku and antenna and have been pretty satisfied with my TV viewing. But the weather and atmospheric disruptions affect my reception.

I've gotten in the habit of watching several programs right in a row all evening long on the same channel. So I turned that channel on tonight and 'no signal'!! It's now been off for a couple hours. So I had to turn to local channels and this is the time of day all of them are broadcasting local news.

Being a troll who lives under a bridge, I'm unaware of what's been going on around me. I was amazed to see that over 400,000 people have died from covid, there was an attack on the White House and the National Guard is deployed and high winds have caused terrible fires in Northern California!

I was much happier not knowing these facts. It must be the wind and smoke causing my TV reception. Guess it's time to break out a book and turn off the TV.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nagh. It’s usually cold, dark and wet under bridges. No food or drink. How would you know when the world ended?
For a balanced global look at things look for other “news” sources. France24, BBC World News, Al Jazeera International, German Deutsche World to name a few.

Did you hear about the massive eartquake?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/15/indonesia-earthquake-deaths-sulawesi-island
Hey Mark,check out this YouTube video. It might give you some ideas.
Watch "Woodturning - The Coffee Spoons" on YouTube

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
The calm before the storm:) makes for crappy driving weather and I’ve got places to be all week long.. Jess has a follow up with her surgeon in Houston tomorrow and I think they are truly going to be shocked at all the progress she has made. Yesterday at therapy, she was able to bend her forearm up, flip her hand from palm to back and flex her fingers.. All these things come so easy to us but for her, it’s an Olympic marathon.. we are so pleased though. It’s a hell of a long way from the original forecast !!!

Go Jess!!!!
Go Jess!!!
Go Jess!!!!!
Cheerleader ???❤️????????????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
A very happy belated Birthday Rose. A rose for Rose.

hi carol!
I hope you are feeling much better?...
Is the rise you posted up too
A very happy belated Birthday Rose. A rose for Rose.

I’m sorry I got cut off??? (Stupid iPhone)
Eheeeemmm!.... (clearing throat)....
Hi Carol!
I hope you are feeling much better?
I must ask you ....
Is the picture of this rise you posed perhaps
Be the famous “Double Delight”?
If anyone is looking for a smelly rose ...
THIS ONE IS IT!!! IT IS SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!! You must smell it!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The calm before the storm:) makes for crappy driving weather and I’ve got places to be all week long.. Jess has a follow up with her surgeon in Houston tomorrow and I think they are truly going to be shocked at all the progress she has made. Yesterday at therapy, she was able to bend her forearm up, flip her hand from palm to back and flex her fingers.. All these things come so easy to us but for her, it’s an Olympic marathon.. we are so pleased though. It’s a hell of a long way from the original forecast !!!
Those are all great signs. When I came out of my coma. I couldn't lift or straighten out my right arm. I was so worried I would never have use of it again.
Tell Jess to keep the faith and I am rooting for her.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
A while back I fired my cable company and bought Roku and antenna and have been pretty satisfied with my TV viewing. But the weather and atmospheric disruptions affect my reception.

I've gotten in the habit of watching several programs right in a row all evening long on the same channel. So I turned that channel on tonight and 'no signal'!! It's now been off for a couple hours. So I had to turn to local channels and this is the time of day all of them are broadcasting local news.

Being a troll who lives under a bridge, I'm unaware of what's been going on around me. I was amazed to see that over 400,000 people have died from covid, there was an attack on the White House and the National Guard is deployed and high winds have caused terrible fires in Northern California!

I was much happier not knowing these facts. It must be the wind and smoke causing my TV reception. Guess it's time to break out a book and turn off the TV.
Had to double check the news & make sure no one stormed the WH tonight. Thanks for scaring me to death. Scary times, folks.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Those are all great signs. When I came out of my coma. I couldn't lift or straighten out my right arm. I was so worried I would never have use of it again.
Tell Jess to keep the faith and I am rooting for her.
I sure will.. she’s pretty excited with her progress and yet still aware of the unfairness of it all.. it’s 2am here and I can’t sleep ? got to get up in a couple hours and head to Houston (4 hr drive) for a couple hours visit to hospital and then drive right back.. . But after that.... it’s over the hump for the week! Hope your pain has disappeared by now Ray!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
He is ok!! Just common crud. We did a virtual Dr appointment and they agree that it’s not symptomatic of Covid... ( THANKFULLY) .. we got him so meds and he should be ok to return to school. He stayed home with Jess and I was able to get my hair done. I’ve had that appointment scheduled for over a month.. I’m pretty pleased with it! How’s your weather now?
Good to hear he's well but better safe than sorry.
Still raining here - should ease later though once Christoph has passed, then I think we have a few more settled days.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's a big day for our US friends today! Hope it all passes without incident.
Nothing special happening here - just waiting for the rain to stop.
Lola is waiting by his door for room service but I've left his food outside to try to get him to stretch his legs.
It's a battle of wills which I suspect he will eventually win because he knows I'm a soft touch and wouldn't let him go wihout food.
Anyway hope you all have a good Weds.
TTFN

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

Jason put Roku on my drive-in movie screen about 3 months ago. I have NOT watched a complete show yet. I have Netflix and HBO and all those stations for free. Waste of his money. I watch the 'regular' programming and movies...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's a big day for our US friends today! Hope it all passes without incident.
Nothing special happening here - just waiting for the rain to stop.
Lola is waiting by his door for room service but I've left his food outside to try to get him to stretch his legs.
It's a battle of wills which I suspect he will eventually win because he knows I'm a soft touch and wouldn't let him go wihout food.
Anyway hope you all have a good Weds.
TTFN
I love Lola tales!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I sure will.. she’s pretty excited with her progress and yet still aware of the unfairness of it all.. it’s 2am here and I can’t sleep ? got to get up in a couple hours and head to Houston (4 hr drive) for a couple hours visit to hospital and then drive right back.. . But after that.... it’s over the hump for the week! Hope your pain has disappeared by now Ray!
Thanks Heather, I finally got out of bed in the wean hrs this morning and got in my recliner. Was able to get my arm above my heart. That helped relieve the pain immensely.