COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I just heard that the founder of my wildlife rescue, a lovely lady not much older than me, died suddenly and unexpectedly this evening. ?

I am devastated. I have learned so much from her. She was the most amazing person. I don’t have the right words.

Thoughts and prayers for her family and for all her rescue family would be greatly appreciated.

Alecks

Oskaloosa
This is by far my favorite forum/thread and everybody here is so nice, I like how there isn't any fighting or arguing and we can all have a nice conversation. I really appreciate this. At school we are are making a list of 50 things we are grateful for, and we have to make a list, on top of that, we have to pick a thing at home/school that whenever we see it, we have to think of something else to be grateful for. I chose this forum/thread. It is a nice escape from all the stuff happening out there. I think we should all be friends.
P.S. I think we are all already friends
P.S.S Gratefulness/Gratitude changes the mind
P.S.S. Thanks again for making me feel safe.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I just heard that the founder of my wildlife rescue, a lovely lady not much older than me, died suddenly and unexpectedly this evening. ?

I am devastated. I have learned so much from her. She was the most amazing person. I don’t have the right words.

Thoughts and prayers for her family and for all her rescue family would be greatly appreciated.
I’m so sorry Linda. You all have my thoughts and prayers!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

That is so sad, I am very sorry for the loss of a lady who has done so much good.
Thinking of you all

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Ogh so sad. Prayers & thoughts across the pond. ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This is by far my favorite forum/thread and everybody here is so nice, I like how there isn't any fighting or arguing and we can all have a nice conversation. I really appreciate this. At school we are are making a list of 50 things we are grateful for, and we have to make a list, on top of that, we have to pick a thing at home/school that whenever we see it, we have to think of something else to be grateful for. I chose this forum/thread. It is a nice escape from all the stuff happening out there. I think we should all be friends.
That's a lovely thing to say!
We are happy you have joined us.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That's a lovely thing to say!
We are happy you have joined us.
I completely agree. Welcome @Alecks

And thank you everyone. I’mm still reeling this morning as is everyone at the rescue. There’s a lot to sort out and the animal care must continue

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good morning all. Firstly... stay safe out there! So many things....

Another cold frosty start to our day. Vehicles covered in a thick white frost. Bird baths have once again frozen over.
But, it’s clear as the ring of a church bell on Christmas Eve. Sunny, bright, clear, no wind = a kayaking day. Hopefully a few good pix to share later.

Mask up, mask on & mask up & over the nose.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, been gone for awhile. After last weeks incident at the Capitol. I had to step back from social media for a bit. I didn't want to lose friends or family with my anger.
Though I consider the CDR more than just a social media site. It was better for me to stay away.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello everyone, been gone for awhile. After last weeks incident at the Capitol. I had to step back from social media for a bit. I didn't want to lose friends or family with my anger.
Though I consider the CDR more than just a social media site. It was better for me to stay away.
I understand. Events last week rocked the world. Brexit had the same effect on the UK. Sometimes it’s better to say nothing than risk causing even more conflict in a heavily divided place

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

I was wondering where the heck you were. Glad you’re ok..

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Just back from a few hours & miles kayaking the Patuxent River, located not too far from our house. As hoped for, turned out to be a great day..

The Launch
View attachment 315320

Slightly Overcast Morning, Calm
View attachment 315321

Calm Water Paddling
View attachment 315322
Looks lovely. There was lots of snow up north in the UK today, but we had steady rain and gloom all day.

My in-laws celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary today. Sixty years of marriage gets you a message from Her Majesty the Queen no less! It used to be a telegram, but now it’s a very posh card with a photo of the Queen on the front and a personalised message inside. The envelope is clearly labelled as coming from Bucking Palace :)

JoesDad and his brother arranged for everyone to get together by Skype this evening which was lovely. It was really nice to be able to chat as a family and the in laws loved that their grandchildren and their partners were part of it too :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! I had to ask my friend Google to tell me what was "last week's incident at the capitol?". I miss an awful lot being the troll who lives under the bridge. I hadn't heard a peep about it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, close to $900 later I now have two new ball joints, an aligned front end, and all fittings lubed and filters replaced! He said the ball joints were worn, but didn't look bad enough to have caused the problem, and nothing else looked like it would have caused my problem either. He even took it for a test and couldn't make it happen again. I opted to replace the joints.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Well, close to $900 later I now have two new ball joints, an aligned front end, and all fittings lubed and filters replaced! He said the ball joints were worn, but didn't look bad enough to have caused the problem, and nothing else looked like it would have caused my problem either. He even took it for a test and couldn't make it happen again. I opted to replace the joints.
Before you go back out do a full limit test. In park with the engine on turn the wheels to the limit each way and go out and check to see that the wheels are full make each way you go. Ball joints are odd little buggers no trouble till they are even when they are still good.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Before you go back out do a full limit test. In park with the engine on turn the wheels to the limit each way and go out and check to see that the wheels are full make each way you go. Ball joints are odd little buggers no trouble till they are even when they are still good.
I'll do that tomorrow, but I doubt I'll know what I'm looking at.