COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Yum! I had cheesecake for breakfast and dinner today...unfortunately, I think I was supposed to save it for the family that's coming over to cook tomorrow. Crap! I thought I was successful in ignoring Christmas all together, then at the almost last minute they called to say they will bring 2 grandkids and one boyfriend, and cook Christmas dinner. They will also bring their 5 count'em five freakin dogs. They will bring afghans for them to wrap in, one doxie has paralyzed rear legs and is in a wheel thing. I have made a plan to take photos of how those dogs are treated. My DIL coo's at one ohhh baby. I think I'll have a headache

good luck with that lady! ??
I am alone ?
I am alone ?
????
And I have liquor!
And I have liquor ? lol!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
you made that day alone thing sound sooo lovely!! I was complaining about it..?
I can’t believe YOU are getting SNOW and I am (In NJ) getting 60-62 degrees!!!
is this for real or have I got covid??
Boy... it’s like I always say :
“Mother Nature is going through menopause again”. ?
It probably won't be that way tomorrow for you. It's headed your way. The snow is so pretty but sometimes causes havoc. But if I can just stay in and just watch I always enjoy it. Especially when the wild birds come for a visit. This is the first year I've had woodpeckers visiting. I want to get some pictures.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Very nice.... no fancy scenes here. Wifey is putting the finishing touches on something new, a twist to the evening if I say. It’s about to go in the oven now where it will rise & who knows!

ps - rolled pastry, stuffed with spinach & cream cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, & cheddar!

View attachment 313857

YUUUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!
I WANT ALL OF THAT!!!
I’d put my foot in dat! ?
I can taste it now...and the smell!......
Ooooooo.... the smell!!!! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Well only 25 mins for us and Xmas 2020 will be here.
I managed to get my last pressie for my brother in law sorted out - a falconry experience where he will get to fly a bird of prey. At least it's outdoors so less likely to be cancelled should covid persist.
I'm going to my sisters for lunch tomorrow, and it will be quiet but very welcome
So I wish you all a happy Christmas Day and hope it is everything you want it to be.
Nos Da

May your day be Merry and Bright!!!!
Merry Christmas ??!! ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good for Rose - she's looking after you!
Yep, Rose won this one. But it was for the best. Don't know how true it is but the repairman said the replacement springs are not available at building supply stores anymore. Because of the liability of how dangerous they can be installing them. He said I could order online. That would have taken at least 4 or 5 days. Maybe longer with the holidays. We wouldn't have been able that long to get into the garage

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
you made that day alone thing sound sooo lovely!! I was complaining about it..?
I can’t believe YOU are getting SNOW and I am (In NJ) getting 60-62 degrees!!!
is this for real or have I got covid??
Boy... it’s like I always say :
“Mother Nature is going through menopause again”. ?
81° here today. High of 59° tomorrow. ??

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Very nice.... no fancy scenes here. Wifey is putting the finishing touches on something new, a twist to the evening if I say. It’s about to go in the oven now where it will rise & who knows!

ps - rolled pastry, stuffed with spinach & cream cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, & cheddar!

View attachment 313857
Funnily enough I have plans for something similar for the new year... cheese and marmite in our case ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well only 25 mins for us and Xmas 2020 will be here.
I managed to get my last pressie for my brother in law sorted out - a falconry experience where he will get to fly a bird of prey. At least it's outdoors so less likely to be cancelled should covid persist.
I'm going to my sisters for lunch tomorrow, and it will be quiet but very welcome
So I wish you all a happy Christmas Day and hope it is everything you want it to be.
Nos Da
The falconry experience sounds amazing. Have a good Christmas Lyn x

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well it's because of the European Starlings. I don't mind helping them but for heaven's sake! They're dang pigs! Other birds need a helping hand too. Where is a hawk when you need them??
Ironically it’s got to the point where they’re in decline over here. The places they’re thriving, like the USA and New Zealand, rightly regard them as pests because their flocks have become so huge.

Blame the Europeans... probably Brits... for introducing them.

ActuaIly think it may have been a German who decided to introduce every bird mentioned by Shakespeare to the USA. They didn’t do environmental impact assessments in those days :(