COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well I finally caught up. There might be some posts I might have missed not sure. I thought I would share a walk around my little front garden.
Other than that it has been a beautiful and sunny day. Have an awesome weekend.

The bees even enjoyed the sunshine.

Attachments

• 20201212_103357.jpg
    20201212_103357.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well I finally caught up. There might be some posts I might have missed not sure. I thought I would share a walk around my little front garden.
Other than that it has been a beautiful and sunny day. Have an awesome weekend.

Love it. It broughht some shine and warmth into a cold dreary British winter :) The pond looks good with its little fountain :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nope we definitely got the symptoms unfortunately. But luckily not as bad as others have gotten it. Stephen is worse than me though.
I'm so glad to see that you and Stephen are doing okay. And glad to not see you but glad I didn't have to post a "worried about Carol and has anyone seen activity" post today. You've been on my mind the past couple of days sooo... that's what I was going to do.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You are getting good at the pictures.
The little woodpecker loves the suet. And every other bird in the world so I bought another woodpecker blend suet. He comes several times a day. So far I haven't been able to really get one without glass between us. Also I always have to zoom it. We'll see. I hope I can get the one I want before he fully becomes an adult.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The little woodpecker loves the suet. And every other bird in the world so I bought another woodpecker blend suet. He comes several times a day. So far I haven't been able to really get one without glass between us. Also I always have to zoom it. We'll see. I hope I can get the one I want before he fully becomes an adult.?
These are photos of his UK cousin the Great Spotted Woodpecker,

A juvenile that I cared for at the rescue
4185BAD5-2C63-4C7E-B711-E80A656EB19E.jpeg

And all grown up he was realeased in our garden
FC53E7FB-B9EC-4A7B-A357-938BCE7E3E55.jpeg
4CBC860E-1F32-4AB1-A83B-EF32FFE7281E.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
These are photos of his UK cousin the Great Spotted Woodpecker,

A juvenile that I cared for at the rescue
View attachment 312876

And all grown up he was realeased in our garden
View attachment 312877
View attachment 312878
Yes that's kinda what he looks like. The red spot has been elusive but it's on him. I've seen it. Yet he is not very big. That's one reason I think he's probably a teenager. It's fun to watch anyway. I'll capture what pictures I can.?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes that's kinda what he looks like. The red spot has been elusive but it's on him. I've seen it. Yet he is not very big. That's one reason I think he's probably a teenager. It's fun to watch anyway. I'll capture what pictures I can.?
The species you have is small. He has the red spot on the back of his head. He is a full grown adult male :)

In the UK we have a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker which is tiny like your Downy Woodpecker, but they’re not very common

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The species you have is small. He has the red spot on the back of his head. He is a full grown adult male :)

In the UK we have a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker which is tiny like your Downy Woodpecker, but they’re not very common
Now I have a larger one that showed up today. This one I know as a redheaded if that's correct. They're all competing with the starlings for that suet. Along with a couple of juncos. The little one allowed me to walk around and continued to dine ? I will have to make sure I carry my phone when I walk outside for a good quick pic.??? slowly but surely.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Goodmorning all, just had a CT scan this morning on my right lung. See the pulamary doctor next week. This should determine if the scarring in my right lung is from the accident or progressing. If scarring is getting worse, then it is possibly pulamary fibrosis. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not progressing.????
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you too!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So sorry. I did not do the keeping you informed very well. My husband caught it from one of his colleagues. And gave it to me. I am actually very angry with him. As when he went back to work I said to him to please be extra careful due to him being diabetic. And he told me to stop moaning and that he was isolating himself in a different office away from the others, that i should stop nagging him as he will not get it. Welllllll that plan went very well! I found out this week that the idiot accepted a bag of crisps from one of his colleagues who said he could have it because she was not feeling very well and could not taste it....... Sometimes I really wonder. SIGH
That's kinda what I'm dealing with too. So far so good but there's risky behavior in my family too. Joe has no clue really that his disabilities are directly caused by a virus. His adult government programs were wanting to take him out and about anyway. He hasn't a clue on how to keep himself safe even though I keep trying to show him proper handwashing etc. I just think people can't comprehend the seriousness of a pandemic virus since we've not experienced it. I told them NO! I think they should have already known that. Both of us are elderly with health problems.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Goodmorning all, just had a CT scan this morning on my right lung. See the pulamary doctor next week. This should determine if the scarring in my right lung is from the accident or progressing. If scarring is getting worse, then it is possibly pulamary fibrosis. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not progressing.????
I'll be sending prayers your way.?