COLD DARK ROOM

FrankIinTheTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Earth
We were out kayaking for the better part of the day & put in a good 10 miles of paddling. Saw thousands of migratory birds, Buffleheads & Geese. The Bald Eagles are pairing up, hanging closer to their nests. Spotted about 8.

Calm, Clear, Sunny & Bright - Winter Kayaking - Maryland
View attachment 312809
That's such a good picture that it's the only one I acknowledged.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday..I have a few errands to tend this morning after dropping Jayden at school and then Mounds of work to catch up on:-(...

we had a good Dr report yesterday in Houston. All of Jess’s wounds are healing nicely (Pats myself on the back) and Jess has 1 nerve working now that was not working before. I will have to continue the IV meds for a couple more weeks and then We can go to pills. They want her to stay on a regimen of antibiotics for at least 6 months!! I was a little surprised at that but hey... they are making all the difference so I’m going to follow instructions!
That's great news. It's all baby steps but they are steps in the right direction. You are a great nurse Heather!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
ok, honest opinions here please. Don't color your opinions because of who I am.

I have trees planted in front of my manure pile along the side street of my property. The trees overhang to the ground, covering the right-of-way area all the way from my property line to the street for a length of about 50'. It's my property and the neighborhood is rural.

So this a.m. I went out and dumped my ashes from the wood stove on the manure pile and Misty went with me. When I was ready to go in I walked around to the street to see what Misty was doing and someone had trimmed my trees back from the street, leaving the 'trimmings' laying there on the ground.

The trees are not inhibiting being able to see traffic and are not offensive at all in my opinion. There's extremely light traffic on this street and if the trees were too far out in the street, a car had only to move to the middle of the street to avoid them.

I spray Round-Up and a pre-emergent weed killer all around the outside of my property to keep the weeds controlled, and with the branches laying on the ground, I have to first clean the area before I can spray. I have no place to put tree trash. (I recently bought a heavy duty chipper/shredder, but can't use it yet until I get my strength back)

I have no idea what went through this trimmer person's head when they trimmed my trees, but in my opinion, they should have picked up the branches and disposed of them, or else don't trim the trees.

What's your opinion?
I would be mad as hell that a) they didn't have the courtesy to speak to you first before cutting b) left all that mess for you to clear up. :mad:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yeahhh.. and she signed a 2 year contract.. work on for 3 months and then off for 1... they don’t have any roads there!!!
I've just read a book called the Quality of Silence which is based in Alaska and it made shiver just reading it! The 24 hour darkness would also get me down at that time of year.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I've done it - finally caught up with the posts I missed.
Hope everyone is having a good Friday.
It's pretty dismal and wet here again today but hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow before the next drenching on Sunday.
I'm going to try to have an earlyish night so I'll say Nos Da and see you soon.
Take care.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good evening all hope everyone is well - and that those of you who aren't are feeling better.
I've been awol for a short while again - not for any particular reason just spent less time on my PC lately.
I've made a start on catching up with you all so will carry on with that now.
Welcome back, I have been part timing lately. No reason, just laziness. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
View attachment 312789
Well here’s the tree. It’s a very environmentally friendly fake tree doing it’s 26th Christmas for us. The decorations are an eclectic mix. Most hold memories in some way ?

The other big conservatory plants get decorated too ?
View attachment 312790
I did a little video to show you the panoramic view. I have candles on the windowsills and it all looks very twinkly after dark with the reflections in the glass when they’re lit.
Beautiful!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
In the short time that I had with Sabine every single memory makes me smile.?or laugh. She was a very kind person too. She always tried to make me feel welcome. Once she thought she had hurt my feelings by something she quoted to me. The truth is I loved seeing a quote to me from her! I didn't care what it said. I knew it couldn't be nasty and I'd just have to figure out what she was trying to say.?
She was a sweetheart!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I've done it - finally caught up with the posts I missed.
Hope everyone is having a good Friday.
It's pretty dismal and wet here again today but hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow before the next drenching on Sunday.
I'm going to try to have an earlyish night so I'll say Nos Da and see you soon.
Take care.
Good night Lyn! Sorry I missed you!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning all, just had a CT scan this morning on my right lung. See the pulamary doctor next week. This should determine if the scarring in my right lung is from the accident or progressing. If scarring is getting worse, then it is possibly pulamary fibrosis. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not progressing.????

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Goodmorning all, just had a CT scan this morning on my right lung. See the pulamary doctor next week. This should determine if the scarring in my right lung is from the accident or progressing. If scarring is getting worse, then it is possibly pulamary fibrosis. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not progressing.????
Fingers firmly crossed for you Ray ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And in less good news, son and girlfriend have covid. Apparently they got sick on Wednesday and the test result came through last night.

Fortunately they haven’t had it badly... sore throat, headache and aches and pains... but they must self isolate until December 21st.

Hopefully he will be fit to come home for Christ in the covid window on the 23rd. He says they’re both going to get tested again to make sure they’re clear before they travel.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town