COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I had to take Arrows sofa Betta leaf down because it kept falling off the wall of his tank... So I'm looking for a ceramic 7" tall palm tree for an aquarium. So far no luck. Even though he has real plants he misses that dang Betta leaf.?️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Would love to see your tree! I have been taking pain meds for awhile. But the meds are a slippery slope. I have built up a tolerance for them, but don't want to up the amount I take daily. Sometimes I will go a few days of taking 1 or none ( those few days are terrible). Then go back to the normal regiment and seem to get better relief. Found out about a procedure where they take the nerve endings at the end of the amputated limb and connect them to each other to complete the circuit. I have a email to read about the procedure and will ask my orthopedic surgeon about it. I see him in Jan. to have a what he thinks is a calcium buildup.About the size of a large grape. It is located towards the tip of the stump of my amputated hand and makes it very uncomfortable to use my prosthetic.
Sorry for the rambling!?
I'll be hoping and praying.??

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Big day tomorrow - we drive into Baltimore’s Inner Harbor area where the Pride of Baltimore is berthed for Winter repairs......and, we drop off the final finished Galley Cabinet. Yeah. We’ve put a fair amount of hours into this little volunteer project - it’s been fun. Pix soon of course.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Big day tomorrow - we drive into Baltimore’s Inner Harbor area where the Pride of Baltimore is berthed for Winter repairs......and, we drop off the final finished Galley Cabinet. Yeah. We’ve put a fair amount of hours into this little volunteer project - it’s been fun. Pix soon of course.
Have so much fun tomorrow! I know they'll love it.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I had to take Arrows sofa Betta leaf down because it kept falling off the wall of his tank... So I'm looking for a ceramic 7" tall palm tree for an aquarium. So far no luck. Even though he has real plants he misses that dang Betta leaf.?️
Well... here's an example.IMG_20201202_180624493.jpg

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Would love to see your tree! I have been taking pain meds for awhile. But the meds are a slippery slope. I have built up a tolerance for them, but don't want to up the amount I take daily. Sometimes I will go a few days of taking 1 or none ( those few days are terrible). Then go back to the normal regiment and seem to get better relief. Found out about a procedure where they take the nerve endings at the end of the amputated limb and connect them to each other to complete the circuit. I have a email to read about the procedure and will ask my orthopedic surgeon about it. I see him in Jan. to have a what he thinks is a calcium buildup.About the size of a large grape. It is located towards the tip of the stump of my amputated hand and makes it very uncomfortable to use my prosthetic.
Sorry for the rambling!?

it’s ok to ramble.
We love to hear it!
And if we can offer advice ... that’s great too.
but sometimes people get frustrated and don’t want to hear advice... I get it.
But This sounds like a good plan.
Cant hurt to ask the doctor.
It would be great if it helps your pain go away! ?
AND..... if the doctor tells you anything you don’t want to hear you can always
SLAP him on your way out. ?❤️?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Attachments

• 146096B7-D605-4110-AF47-63E4805BF288.png
    146096B7-D605-4110-AF47-63E4805BF288.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 4
  • CAFEFA68-A9BF-4D15-A6C4-08A04263BA32.png
    CAFEFA68-A9BF-4D15-A6C4-08A04263BA32.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 4E089A71-9E21-4150-8420-C7FE7DD68E3E.png
    4E089A71-9E21-4150-8420-C7FE7DD68E3E.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 798B40B5-8B4B-4476-A206-5CD350E7516C.png
    798B40B5-8B4B-4476-A206-5CD350E7516C.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 3

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Attachments

• 3BC157A0-7910-40FB-BC27-CAC27CCEF8E5.png
    3BC157A0-7910-40FB-BC27-CAC27CCEF8E5.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2890C1F2-6638-4206-BF81-F45A895A4369.png
    2890C1F2-6638-4206-BF81-F45A895A4369.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • A1C59A3B-340F-4535-A0DB-938D3194A6FD.png
    A1C59A3B-340F-4535-A0DB-938D3194A6FD.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3314D436-A6B0-44FD-B8C7-934B7687FE6A.png
    3314D436-A6B0-44FD-B8C7-934B7687FE6A.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
  • E4280B1F-09D5-47FB-9F68-396368E01A31.png
    E4280B1F-09D5-47FB-9F68-396368E01A31.png
    137 KB · Views: 0
  • 48ADB85F-C9F5-435F-AE34-143416D1E737.png
    48ADB85F-C9F5-435F-AE34-143416D1E737.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 0

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday..I have a few errands to tend this morning after dropping Jayden at school and then Mounds of work to catch up on:-(...

we had a good Dr report yesterday in Houston. All of Jess’s wounds are healing nicely (Pats myself on the back) and Jess has 1 nerve working now that was not working before. I will have to continue the IV meds for a couple more weeks and then We can go to pills. They want her to stay on a regimen of antibiotics for at least 6 months!! I was a little surprised at that but hey... they are making all the difference so I’m going to follow instructions!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday..I have a few errands to tend this morning after dropping Jayden at school and then Mounds of work to catch up on:-(...

we had a good Dr report yesterday in Houston. All of Jess’s wounds are healing nicely (Pats myself on the back) and Jess has 1 nerve working now that was not working before. I will have to continue the IV meds for a couple more weeks and then We can go to pills. They want her to stay on a regimen of antibiotics for at least 6 months!! I was a little surprised at that but hey... they are making all the difference so I’m going to follow instructions!

Happy Thursday back at you. Wow, that sounds like pretty good news from the Drs. Keep up the good work.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
are you ok?
In your IROC!!!?????
I will send you underwear for Christmas!
Holy cr*p!!!! ???

Of course I am ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course it was my IROC, do ya actually think that anybody would let me drive their car?????
Of course no underwear for me plz. I'm mostly a commando person
Holy cats ???

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry for the rambling!?
That's not rambling. The nerves and tendons in my right wrist and arm were severed in my accident. But the jerk DR never discovered that, it took 4 Neuro surgeons, 2 Physical therapists and some other drs to discover that while they were trying to find out what was happening to this injury, and my nerves mostly not connected anymore, had healed up, the reason I have migraines, dizziness, nausea and out of balance is that I had walked around for 9 months with a broken neck. It also had healed, crooked but healed. So I'm still walking around with the migraines etc, so I use a cane to keep me from falling in public...lol

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning!

so glad to hear that!!!!
It may be frustrating....
It may seem slow.....
.but when it all works out and your daughter can move like she used to... you will look back on these days and say...”I’d do it all over again if I had too.”
These are great reports
be happy in the moment
for making those hurdles....
You’ve come a long way....
Hang in there...
You’re gonna come out ON TOP of the rainbow ?!!!! ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
That's not rambling. The nerves and tendons in my right wrist and arm were severed in my accident. But the jerk DR never discovered that, it took 4 Neuro surgeons, 2 Physical therapists and some other drs to discover that while they were trying to find out what was happening to this injury, and my nerves mostly not connected anymore, had healed up, the reason I have migraines, dizziness, nausea and out of balance is that I had walked around for 9 months with a broken neck. It also had healed, crooked but healed. So I'm still walking around with the migraines etc, so I use a cane to keep me from falling in public...lol

not only are you AWSOME....
But I would go back and sue everybody!!!
I would take my cane and my crooked neck to find a lawyer.
NOTHING beats a MIGRAINE!!
And to have more than three of those per year??
If that was me .. someone would be paying for it or...dead!
I don’t do migraines. They are the most painful of things.
If I couldn’t straighten out my neck ..
Believe you me..... someone’s A** would be on a chopping block!
And yes.... twenty years later....
How ever long it’s been...
Have their dr. License revoked or something!
Where did they go to school!?
Clown college???? Sh*t.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I will keep my fingers crossed for you Ray! Jess is not having the nerve pain in her hand now that they grafted the severed nerves.. even though they aren’t working yet, they aren’t short circuited so I guess that makes a huge difference!
How did all the surgeries go? Does Jess have use of her arm or hand?
Has anyone been held accountable?
Is Jess in good spirits?
Sorry for all the questions. I haven't been staying up to date on the CDR.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
it’s ok to ramble.
We love to hear it!
And if we can offer advice ... that’s great too.
but sometimes people get frustrated and don’t want to hear advice... I get it.
But This sounds like a good plan.
Cant hurt to ask the doctor.
It would be great if it helps your pain go away! ?
AND..... if the doctor tells you anything you don’t want to hear you can always
SLAP him on your way out. ?❤?
? Slapping him with my prosthetic hand would probably hurt.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
How did all the surgeries go? Does Jess have use of her arm or hand?
Has anyone been held accountable?
Is Jess in good spirits?
Sorry for all the questions. I haven't been staying up to date on the CDR.
It ok!!! The case is still under inverstigation so nothing has been done yet. ? I’m told that these kinds of cases can often take months..

They believe that her surgeries were successful but we have had so many emergency events that could affect the results.. either way, they say that it will take 6months to a year for the nerve grafts on the severed nerves to regenerate and show some function.( so her arm is still dead weight at this point) . we are told that the worst is over though.. and even if some do not work, the corrective procedures now will be a piece of cake compared to what she’s already had..
Jess is really doing great! She has been very strong through this ordeal.. we have a fairly large surprise planned for her 18th birthday in the form of 4 wheels?... so I’m really pushing her to get off of any meds she can. Luckily, it doesn’t take much because she’s pushing herself along nicely.. she wants her independence back!!