COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Well then it should be entertaining. LOL Good Luck, or should I say I hope it went well?
Oh, it was great. We had beef tacos, chicken tacos, turkey tacos all with Chorizo, refried beans, and cheese, guacamole, white corn tortillas, flour tortillias, and regular corn tortillias. The food was simply really good. The company was, shall I say, different. Alyx was dressed like an Ompa loompa, make up was perfect, and their partner Zo was sporting a black rock n Roll t shirt, Black lives matter, they (Zo) has a very high curly black mohock, the sides being shaved bald and they are both really nice people, strange and weird. They made me laugh so hard a Giant fart came out and then everybody tried to fart and we were all laughing so hard at these farts nobody would believe that we were all adults laughing like little kids.
Here are the latest photo of my last clutch of parakeets:
100_5528.JPG
And, yes, they are beautiful. Anytime I saw these 2 babies, they are together like Conjoined Twins.
100_5501.JPG

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh, it was great. We had beef tacos, chicken tacos, turkey tacos all with Chorizo, refried beans, and cheese, guacamole, white corn tortillas, flour tortillias, and regular corn tortillias. The food was simply really good. The company was, shall I say, different. Alyx was dressed like an Ompa loompa, make up was perfect, and their partner Zo was sporting a black rock n Roll t shirt, Black lives matter, they (Zo) has a very high curly black mohock, the sides being shaved bald and they are both really nice people, strange and weird. They made me laugh so hard a Giant fart came out and then everybody tried to fart and we were all laughing so hard at these farts nobody would believe that we were all adults laughing like little kids.
View attachment 311858
And, yes, they are beautiful. Anytime I saw these 2 babies, they are together like Conjoined Twins.
View attachment 311859
Sounds like you had a blast. No pun intended. ?
The birds are beautiful!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
good morning my dear,
TGIF!!!!!....
To answer your question do they raise prices.... I agree 100.000.000%!
I believe that to be true!!! Always did....
They jack up the price only to lower it to the ORIGINAL PRICE for Black Friday AMD all holidays.... (those smartie pants...) ?
Now.....as far as glass jar painting and rock painting?...... we want pictures!!!!
I’m sure they will be lovely.
That (to me) right now sounds like a REALLY fun time to be had for a weekend.
When my sister and I went to two hobbie stores THEY WERE COMPLETELY SOLD OUT OF PAINT!!!!! Can you believe it???
Never in my life have I seen that !?!?!?
Three tubes of like Neon Orange were left.
When we decided to ask... the lady told us that crazy people were just buying them up!? They couldn’t keep them in stock!!!!!
What is this world coming tooooooo!!!!!
The blasfamy of it all!!!!
Who the heck else is painting here besides us!!!????!!!!!!?????
Oh well , guess I’ll have to ......?......?.....?...
Look..... over here these psychos bought up :
The food
The paint
The building materials..
I can’t even fix up my house anymore !!!
There is NO WOOD IN STORES NOW!!!?
Hey , wait!!!??? My adt.... I mean add must have just kicked in.....
NAIL POLISH!!!!! That’s paint right????
Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!
I’ve something to do now!!?
See you all later as I am off to paint something with all of my colors....
Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!
??????????????
Whahaha. When we first went into lockdown most people caught up on all the fixing and painting of their houses that they had been putting off for years. I suspect that is what has happened there. Now if you are painting canvases then you can use - oil paint or oil pastels or kokies (Did I spell that correctly) what we call colouring pens. You could use chalk, or charcoal or just a plain ol pencil. Take your pick. Nail polish just might be the new and modern art form. The world is your canvas and you can use and or do anything you like. That is what makes it so much fun. Except you have to post pics. You never know it just might become the new rage. I will try to remember to take some pictures of the girls art work for you.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
Not sure if this is the correct thread to share this. I found a tortoise wine I 'll drink for the forum tonight!? it was pretty cheap I hope it doesnt taste like vinegar hehe
Btw thats a Testudo marginata Schoepff the wine is from Peloponissos region in Greece
20201127_203241.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 311858
View attachment 311859
Sounds like it was a blast. Those are the good memories that we need to keep.
My friend who is studying to be a vet also has budgies. As part of his project for his studies. He has this little one that hatched not so long ago.

Attachments

• IMG-20201124-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201124-WA0001.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 5

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You know it's going to be an interesting day when...

You go to press the button for coffee to come out of the coffeemaker, but hit the power button instead.

Um, that actually happened this morning. ?

May you all have an entertaining day!
Mmmm. Do you need a cup of coffee by any chance?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Not sure if this is the correct thread to share this. I found a tortoise wine I 'll drink for the forum tonight!? it was pretty cheap I hope it doesnt taste like vinegar hehe
Btw thats a Testudo marginata Schoepff the wine is from Peloponissos region in Greece
Let us know how it tastes.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome to the CDR. I’m Linda and I live in Kent in South East England.

We’re an international bunch of idiots /friends here who sometimes talk tortoise and fairly regularly talk puns and nonsense.

Pull up an armadillo and the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. Although you brought your own so you might nit want one! The big armadillo is called Montgomery and is a very obliging coffee table, especially if you dust him or tickle him under the chin.

It’s rather gloomy in here, but the flying jellyfish glow a little brighter when you polish them. The blueberry ones seem to be glowing brightest at the moment.

Watch your step; it’s easy to stub your toe on the hedgehogs in the gloom. The wool spider, if she exists, seems to be in a better mood since we locked the leprechaun in a jellyfish tank. The snow leopard is very friendly and eats carrots :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all. Mission accomplished with our internet service provider. It took 2 HOURS! ?☹️

I started and then JoesDad took over and drove a hard bargain. The company also provides our satellite tv package so we did a deal involving both and have got both upgraded AND we are paying £25 per month less as well :)

This afternoon Daughter had an appointment at the ostepath so I took her. And then I tried a new recipe for dinner: mushroom & stilton pudding. A suet crust pudding filled with layers of garlic mushroom, stilton cheese, caramelised onion and spinach. It was yummmy!

i forgot to take a photo though! Sorry!

I hope everyone is recovering from their Thanksgiving indigestion! :D

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh I do so hate it when I catch up to myself, because then I have to wonder whatever happened to my tail? I mean what is the point of chasing your own tail if you don't have one. Sigh.

Good Afternooning Everyone. Today is FRIDAY the YAYYY DAY thank goodness. I have had enough of this week and need my weekend please. It is also BLACK FRIDAY over here in SA, although I do suspect that some of the shops have deliberately hiked up their prices and then put the normal price down as a special black Friday price. Anywayyyyy, the sun is shining, the wind may be pumping, but it is weekend and I am going to take what I can get and enjoy it. The nieces are coming over on Sunday and we are going to do some rock painting and glass jar painting. Hopefully the girls will have some fun. Until later peeps. Have a good Weekend. And don't do anything that I wouldn't do!! ;)
Oh my garsh ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 311858
View attachment 311859
Too cute ???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evenooning all. Mission accomplished with our internet service provider. It took 2 HOURS! ?☹️

I started and then JoesDad took over and drove a hard bargain. The company also provides our satellite tv package so we did a deal involving both and have got both upgraded AND we are paying £25 per month less as well :)

This afternoon Daughter had an appointment at the ostepath so I took her. And then I tried a new recipe for dinner: mushroom & stilton pudding. A suet crust pudding filled with layers of garlic mushroom, stilton cheese, caramelised onion and spinach. It was yummmy!

i forgot to take a photo though! Sorry!

I hope everyone is recovering from their Thanksgiving indigestion! :D
What in the world is a suet crust? Just wondering ... ?️?️??