CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
please don’t forget to make MY plate ..
One for Ray ....
One for Opo....
One for Carol....
Maggie wants one...
Pass the butter...? I mean dressing?....
One and one for my animal friends....
And.....
Oh yes......AND ONE FOR YOU!!!!!
Today! You need like a twenty minute time out. In a corner.... with a cigarette and a glass of wine....
Inhale...(wait 3).....exhale...(count 4)
Inhale...(wait 3).....exhale.....(count 4)
Are you feeling relaxed????.....good...
Ok now....
One plate for Yvonne
One plate for Tom
One plate for Joesmom
One plate for Blackdog.....
One plate for CathyG.....
We LOOOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!!
TRY to have a happy thanksgiving...
Let OTHER people do some stuff.
???
(Who say all dat stuff?).....?
Oh dear, I WAS going to be shelfish and keep the whole plate to myself..........When it comes to good food, I don't want to share. :rolleyes::rolleyes: ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
It’s tradition here too.....
Everybody sits on their a**
And mom is running around ...
Some things never change...
And yet..... I am great full for that....
Why you ask?
My sister just got finished telling me that her 21-year-old son cannot pick up a 21 pound turkey out of the sink because he might hurt himself...!? WT....? SH*T?
(As Deadpool once said).
BUT....BUT.... I AM A GIRL!!! (At least the last time I checked?)...
Ingrates!!....
I’ll do it myself..... and yet...
I am great full...☺
Last thing I want to clean today is
Mashed potatoes off the ceilings!!
YES THATS PLURAL!
and yet..... I AM GREATFUL!

That god will one day reincarnate me as my cherished Praying Mantis...... or a ? cricket.... which ever my holy lord wants.
?❤
I would come back as a flea and bite all those who sat on the their A%^&*&ss. Just saying.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Thanksgiving to all those of you who celebrate.

We have turkey and all the trimmings at Christmas... do you repeat the meal at Christmas or do something different?

As expected we are in the highest covid tier. Restaurants won’t reopen next week after national lockdown ends. It also removes all prospect of seeing our parents again this year.

The only time I was able to see my Mum this year was in October. We saw the in-laws in June and haven’t seen them since because MiLs anxiety meant they banned us from even going in the garden

My Mum is also in Tier 3, the in laws are step down in Tier 2. Son is also Tier 2 in London.

We have a 5 day amnesty December 23rd-27th but that isn’t going help us see our parents as it’s just too far and we’d have to spend Christmas in a hotel.

No idea whether son will come home for Christmas. It’s entirely possible he won’t. He moved in with his girlfriend a month back so they’ll work out what’s best for them :)
I am so sorry that you won't be able to see the rest of your family, However on the bright side you can spend more on each others gifts as you don't need to buy everybody else a gift as well now. ;);)?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
When my kids were growing up and I was a sorta normal Mom (that's a lie) I did the turkey one year and Taco Bell the next, but being as Oregon is closed again my son and his wife and my granddaughter who is now my grandson, or 'them', and their girlfriend who used to be a male but is now she her are coming at 2 for a taco bar. We will implement social distancing, masks when not eating or drinking, cooking and serving we will wear gloves then throw them away before we sit down to eat. Virtual hugging only, 1 person at a time in the tort shed, no touching the box turtles as they have some sort of disease where they have big closed eyes, not eating, not moving much and now 4 turtles in the same tort table are sick. Oh gosh writing it out in sentences give me a small glimpse of what I'm saying, reading it all at once is horrifying...my whole family is a soap opera lolololol
Well then it should be entertaining. LOL Good Luck, or should I say I hope it went well?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That's what his teacher said also. He's going to use one of his latest projects as a classroom project. What's really kinda neat is our father was a machinist. But my brother Johnny didn't really know that because our father died very young and yet Johnny has that desire and promise.?
It is so nice when a talent does manage to get passed down in the genes. As it means that it is not lost. Can he share more pictures of his projects with us? I would love to see them.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
There is a lot of people here really hurting even with the stimulus payments. Some people received it but some didn't even though it's still due them. It's a mess. The churches, charities, and all are trying hard to help them. With food and necessities and also Christmas for the children. It is Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for. I'm not having a hard time coming up with a Thanksgiving prayer. How do I even get to the end of it is my only question.
One sentence at a time.!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning all. It’s 6am and I’ve been awake for an hour for no particular reason. I gave up and got up.

We had a Syrian meal delivered last night. A local charity for refugees organised it. A refugee lady they helped cooked and volunteers delivered the orders. It was very filling and very good.

The food was somewhere between Turkish/Greek & Middle Eastern. Flat bread and dips including hummus and what’s known as tzatziki in Greece and lovely aubergine (eggplant) one. The main was rice with vegetables and meat; the spices were quite sweet and definitely included cardamom and cinnamon. And dessert was sesame “biscuits” (like thin cookies)

Today I need to argue with our internet service provider about our rubbish broadband. Wish me luck! ?
Damn!!! that sounds nice too. Looks like I am going to be sorted for food for a while!!! Well at least virtually, my physical stomach might have something to say about it though.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning all. It’s 6am and I’ve been awake for an hour for no particular reason. I gave up and got up.

We had a Syrian meal delivered last night. A local charity for refugees organised it. A refugee lady they helped cooked and volunteers delivered the orders. It was very filling and very good.

The food was somewhere between Turkish/Greek & Middle Eastern. Flat bread and dips including hummus and what’s known as tzatziki in Greece and lovely aubergine (eggplant) one. The main was rice with vegetables and meat; the spices were quite sweet and definitely included cardamom and cinnamon. And dessert was sesame “biscuits” (like thin cookies)

Today I need to argue with our internet service provider about our rubbish broadband. Wish me luck! ?
Oh And Good Luck.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello, Roommates all around the world.
Just popped in to wish a Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to those of you who celebrate it.
Please take care all.
Stay safe,
Love ,
Adam.
Hey ya Boss!! How are you doing? And Happy Thanksgiving day to you as well. That is if you celebrate it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh I do so hate it when I catch up to myself, because then I have to wonder whatever happened to my tail? I mean what is the point of chasing your own tail if you don't have one. Sigh.

Good Afternooning Everyone. Today is FRIDAY the YAYYY DAY thank goodness. I have had enough of this week and need my weekend please. It is also BLACK FRIDAY over here in SA, although I do suspect that some of the shops have deliberately hiked up their prices and then put the normal price down as a special black Friday price. Anywayyyyy, the sun is shining, the wind may be pumping, but it is weekend and I am going to take what I can get and enjoy it. The nieces are coming over on Sunday and we are going to do some rock painting and glass jar painting. Hopefully the girls will have some fun. Until later peeps. Have a good Weekend. And don't do anything that I wouldn't do!! ;)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hello, Roommates all around the world.
Just popped in to wish a Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to those of you who celebrate it.
Please take care all.
Stay safe,
Love ,
Adam.

Helllllooooo Adam!!!!!
We miss you!!!!
Hope you are well...
We here in the states are Stuffed!!!!
You need to roll us to work today.
(For those who go IN to work..
Happy Holidays to you!!!!!
????
And my new favorite emoji?........ ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh I do so hate it when I catch up to myself, because then I have to wonder whatever happened to my tail? I mean what is the point of chasing your own tail if you don't have one. Sigh.

Good Afternooning Everyone. Today is FRIDAY the YAYYY DAY thank goodness. I have had enough of this week and need my weekend please. It is also BLACK FRIDAY over here in SA, although I do suspect that some of the shops have deliberately hiked up their prices and then put the normal price down as a special black Friday price. Anywayyyyy, the sun is shining, the wind may be pumping, but it is weekend and I am going to take what I can get and enjoy it. The nieces are coming over on Sunday and we are going to do some rock painting and glass jar painting. Hopefully the girls will have some fun. Until later peeps. Have a good Weekend. And don't do anything that I wouldn't do!! ;)

good morning my dear,
TGIF!!!!!....
To answer your question do they raise prices.... I agree 100.000.000%!
I believe that to be true!!! Always did....
They jack up the price only to lower it to the ORIGINAL PRICE for Black Friday AMD all holidays.... (those smartie pants...) ?
Now.....as far as glass jar painting and rock painting?...... we want pictures!!!!
I’m sure they will be lovely.
That (to me) right now sounds like a REALLY fun time to be had for a weekend.
When my sister and I went to two hobbie stores THEY WERE COMPLETELY SOLD OUT OF PAINT!!!!! Can you believe it???
Never in my life have I seen that !?!?!?
Three tubes of like Neon Orange were left.
When we decided to ask... the lady told us that crazy people were just buying them up!? They couldn’t keep them in stock!!!!!
What is this world coming tooooooo!!!!!
The blasfamy of it all!!!!
Who the heck else is painting here besides us!!!????!!!!!!?????
Oh well , guess I’ll have to ......?......?.....?...
Look..... over here these psychos bought up :
The food
The paint
The building materials..
I can’t even fix up my house anymore !!!
There is NO WOOD IN STORES NOW!!!?
Hey , wait!!!??? My adt.... I mean add must have just kicked in.....
NAIL POLISH!!!!! That’s paint right????
Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!
I’ve something to do now!!?
See you all later as I am off to paint something with all of my colors....
Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!
??????????????